mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't seen or heard from her either, and I've been kinda scared to test breed Orlith for fear that no one would be open to take the egg.

I don't think this is a bad idea tsubas. It would certainly make catchimng up easier for her when she returns. I also wanted to ask her if we can use Hellfire Wyverns as Bronzes. <grin>

I haven't seen or heard from her either, and I've been kinda scared to test breed Orlith for fear that no one would be open to take the egg.

I don't think this is a bad idea tsubas. It would certainly make catchimng up easier for her when she returns. I also wanted to ask her if we can use Hellfire Wyverns as Bronzes. <grin>

Oooo.... you know that would be awesome! They are kind of bronzish red, at least the males. They look like heated/hot metal, like the hammer in this picture.

And elencha, I can take an egg later this afternoon, if you get one. My Electric Hatchie has 6 hours left, 7 if I have to ER it (which I doubt, but just to be safe). Or if you want to wait till tomorrow, my Nebula has 10 hours left. I'll just be sure to keep one of my upcoming slots empty. Let me know. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

The Sunsong dragons would look nice too as bronze, even though they're more gold in color. lol

My first egg hatched, next week we should get another bronze. I'll need to look at the rules, but do we breed our bronze/brown/blue hatchlings if they're female since in the books they were all male?

Mishii has said that the only dragons we can only use females for are golds. Personally, I'm a traditionalist and I'm only using female greens, male browns, blues and blacks (bronzes).

Also, Dulciath and Messoriath will both be rising to mate either tonight or early tomorrow. If you're on High Reaches' waiting list, please stay tuned.

Anyone interested in a bronze (black) egg from either queen for your breeding program, please let me know.

I've been running around like a nut, trying to get a gold of any lineage, and it seems impossible... So good luck on a cb or short gen...

Just an announcement that a 2nd Gen gold egg has been bred for Fish. ^^ I believe it was for this lineage, so I thought everyone would be happy to know.

High Reaches' senior queen Dulciath was flown by her mate Celeritath and their clutch produced one bronze (black) egg, which went to Blackchimera.

Junior queen Messoriath was also flown by her mate Agathonth and the pair clutched a gold egg, which has been offered to Mishii.

Edited by Pryde

Thanks Khallayne. smile.gif

And congrats again Pryde! Hopefully Mishii will be around. If not, who would be the next to get it?

The next person on my Weyr's list is Guivre, so if I don't hear from Mishii today or tomorrow, I'll influence the egg to be female and hold on to it until she genders, then get it to Guivre.

Although I am hesitant about giving out golds to people who haven't been active on this thread since posting their egg requests. :/

Edited by Pryde

Well, I'm always around reading this thread, but since I don't have something to breed, I don't want to create clutter. ._.

I did post after anyway, but I felt useless just congratulating people.

Edited by Guivre

SKGAJKLSJGSDgjksldgjsdagsk *headbangskeyboard*

SO SORRY! Lots of things happened recently that kept me away, and I didn't give you guys notice. Blarg!

I got sick, had 4 different major projects due at school (curse you, college stuff!) and also had the Passover holiday at the same time, and I just recently had time to actually get back to my beloved internets and eggs and threads! xd.png

Anywaaaaay, give me a bit to go through the thread's last few pages and sort out the Weyr and egg requesting, I know there were a few in there. >.<

I feel so bad. Forgive me? biggrin.gif?

*making note on first page*

Welcome back mishii. smile.gif

Just highlighting a few things I didn't see updated, so you won't have to go searching through all of the pages for them:

1) 21Pheonix's request here for a weyr.

2) Question from me about Requests.

3) skyl1n3's request here for a weyr.

4) elencha named her new queen.

5) Suggestion to use HFires as bronzes here, and possibly Sunsongs here

That's not everything, but I think it's the big things. happy.gif

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Monaco Bay (if it's still available?)

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr. : Still an egg... but CB!

Hi Mishi et al -

I have been watching this project start up for the last couple of weeks (sorry... lurker unless I have something useful to add to a conversation!). I've been a fan of Anne McCaffrey since I was 8 or 9 years old, and have multiple copies of every book she's ever written. I would really love to participate, and a few minutes ago was shocked to see a CB gold flit across the cave... and even more shocked to see that my fingers had done my bidding without conscious thought, and the thing now existed on my scroll! I immediately thought of this project, and influenced it to be female. I have several CB black males that might make suitable mates (but have names that won't necessarily be Pernese... sorry!). If my gold genders correctly, would it be possible for me to assign my gold to be a senior Queen? I'm not sure if Monaco Bay is still available, but I've always loved the stories with the southern Weyrs in them... and it looks like I'm going to have to reread some of my old, dusty Dragonriders of Pern, because it's been almost 20 years since the last time I read any!

Thank you all and have a good evening,

Cat smile.gif

O.o you're very lucky to catch a CB Gold, I had no idea they were even dropping still

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Monaco Bay (if it's still available?)

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr. : Still an egg... but CB!

Hi Mishi et al -

I have been watching this project start up for the last couple of weeks (sorry... lurker unless I have something useful to add to a conversation!). I've been a fan of Anne McCaffrey since I was 8 or 9 years old, and have multiple copies of every book she's ever written. I would really love to participate, and a few minutes ago was shocked to see a CB gold flit across the cave... and even more shocked to see that my fingers had done my bidding without conscious thought, and the thing now existed on my scroll! I immediately thought of this project, and influenced it to be female. I have several CB black males that might make suitable mates (but have names that won't necessarily be Pernese... sorry!). If my gold genders correctly, would it be possible for me to assign my gold to be a senior Queen? I'm not sure if Monaco Bay is still available, but I've always loved the stories with the southern Weyrs in them... and it looks like I'm going to have to reread some of my old, dusty Dragonriders of Pern, because it's been almost 20 years since the last time I read any!

Cat smile.gif

Wow, congrats!! biggrin.gif I hope mishii says yes. smile.gif Welcome!

Hi Mishi et al -

Cat smile.gif

...Wow. Nice catch!

And of course! That is one Weyr that hasn't been asked for! Welcome to the project!

Try to remember to add "of Pern" to the end of her name. Im in the process of going through the posts and looking for egg requests and any weyr requests that Gyps13 might not have put on her list (thanks for that, btw! <3) I'll then be editing the 2nd post with info. If you have any specifics for your list (amount, freezing, etc) let me know, and if you want a secondary gold list (for extra "junior golds") I'll put that on too.

happy.gif

So guys. I've a bit of a pickle and would like some feedback - some of you have participated in lineages or made your own, so your feedback on this would be great.

Apparently I ended up with some overlap in requests for Weyrs.

In the order they were requested in the thread:

futurelibkeeper: southern

21Phoenix: southern

expogenic: Telgar

EragonSaphiraRider: Telgar

Now, I haven't seen libkeeper, expogenic, or EragonSaphiraRider around (lol not that I'm one to talk >.<). I've already listed futurelibkeeper for southern, but I never heard back from them about them getting a gold, wheras 21Phoenix has already got a nice gold and been attempting to breed her.

I haven't heard any updates from expogenic or Eragon about them getting golds (why I didn't put up expogenic in the first place, I'm not sure - I might have missed it.)

Other than PM'ing the first in line for both, do you have any suggestions? Southern seems a bit tricky since 21Phonix has been participating already, which is fine, shows you're totally into it! xd.png

/shrug Comments? New Lineage handler here, I'm having a bit of a "ohnoez, FLAIL AROUND IN PANIC!" moment. o.o

Yep, that makes sense. So then my next questions are, do we need to breed the eggs we're gifted to pass on to others in the Weyr? Or is the "list" for each weyr a list for the Senior Queen to fill? Can the Junior Queens help fill the list, or is that why you'd like us to specify which pair when we request an egg?

And on a slightly different note, may we request eggs from Multiple weyrs? The reason I'm asking is, if so, I may request to start a weyr as well, if I'm not being too greedy. If I have to choose, I'd still prefer to remain at Fort. happy.gif

If you are gifted an egg, you don't have to breed it to pass on to others unless you want to (just follow the breeding rules). The lists are for the Queens to fill, for a more "direct" line from the queens.

If you breed from your gifts, you are more than welcome to advertise in here that you have available breeding/eggs for those that aren't on a list yet, if the lists are full. You can also drop the bred eggs in the IRC, just tell those who might get it about the lineage and the rules - I would prefer the "of Pern" prefix carry far!

If you are gifted an extra junior queen, you can ask the Weyrleader that the egg came from if you may function as a "junior queen" for their Weyr, I guess. Then I can make a seperate list for junior queens per Weyr. You don't have to if you don't want!

^Feel free to discuss that idea - I just came up with that, and would love your feedback on it. You guys have say in this lineage too! happy.gif

Or, you can just breed your own dragons for your own scroll with eggs you are gifted to use for more Pern breeding, or whatever else you would like tongue.gif

Hope that made sense xd.png

----------------------------------------------

About the new eggs: YES! The male Hellfire and the male Sunsongs would be great for Bronzes! That gives us more options for breeding as well, AND they're pretty!

A+ idea biggrin.gif

We can also use the green speckled for the Greens, and the Nebulas...well, I'm not sure yet.

Off to go finish updating the egg requests. If I don't fall asleep on mah keyboard. tongue.gif

Edited by mishii

Well, Kultath flew and bred, but no clutch... guess she just wasn't ready to participate yet... will try again next week sad.gif

So guys. I've a bit of a pickle and would like some feedback - some of you have participated in lineages or made your own, so your feedback on this would be great.

Apparently I ended up with some overlap in requests for Weyrs.

In the order they were requested in the thread:

futurelibkeeper: southern

21Phoenix: southern

expogenic: Telgar

EragonSaphiraRider: Telgar

Now, I haven't seen libkeeper, expogenic, or EragonSaphiraRider around (lol not that I'm one to talk >.<). I've already listed futurelibkeeper for southern, but I never heard back from them about them getting a gold, wheras 21Phoenix has already got a nice gold and been attempting to breed her.

I haven't heard any updates from expogenic or Eragon about them getting golds (why I didn't put up expogenic in the first place, I'm not sure - I might have missed it.)

Other than PM'ing the first in line for both, do you have any suggestions? Southern seems a bit tricky since 21Phonix has been participating already, which is fine, shows you're totally into it! xd.png

/shrug  Comments?  New Lineage handler here, I'm having a bit of a  "ohnoez, FLAIL AROUND IN PANIC!" moment. o.o

Hmm If you run out of weyr leader positions, why not have them as weyr seconds? Since they are junior queens ith different riders in the series we could have their gold be the junior of our weyr as well.

Also my first bronze grew up from my senior queen and I still have anothe bronze egg influenced male if anyone's interested. smile.gif

Edited by tsubasafan

Miishi just let me know. wink.gif I'd prefer Southern of the Weyrs in the Southern Continent, but that is up to you. When I find out and Evaneth is settled in I will be breeding her.

Updated 2nd post with Weyr/Egg requests up to this point!

I've PM'd the first in line for Telgar and Southern to see if A) they are still interested and cool.gif if they have a gold or are still in need of one.

If I don't hear from them in a few days, I'll PM EragonSaphiraRider about Telgar, and Southern will default to 21Phoenix.

Does that sound good? happy.gif;

Also: I got my gold from Pryde! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

<3

EDIT: Weyr-Seconds sounds interesting. I'll mull that over, and you guys are more than welcome to discuss too! ^^

Edited by mishii

Weyr: High Reaches

Pryde, bronze egg --> Blackchimera

SUCCESS!

Also, please add Messoriath as High Reaches' junior queen. smile.gif

Edited by Pryde