Branndi

Twilight

Hate romance, and the fact that everyone says its so dark, but really it romanc with a pathetic attempt to keep the plot going with vampires and wolves that arn't sacry

I hate bella for what she did to jacob in the second book... i mean edward hurt her so much that she went into zombie mode for months! jacob tried to help she use's him pretty much.... if someone hurt me like that i would never get back with him... i would forgive him but i would never say i love him again.

And i was hoping they would have a huge fight in the fourth book and it turns out renesme has a super awesome fighting power that blows back all of the volutri! that would have been AMAZING!

(sorry the the spelling)

Edited by oreoluver001

I think that Twilight is a badly written piece of literature, and its only purpose is to provide teens with a romanticised vampire cliche (a bad one too) as an insight to what they have not, and probably will not, experience.

(as you can tell by my display pic, I am not impressed)

Edited by cat.door.knob

My dragon's code is

3ela

It looks like Bella

/cringe

/cry

/sob

/emocorner

Hmm...I like to think of 3 as a backwards E. Or how about this: in Russian 3 is actually the English letter Z, so it can be Zela.

It's not all bad...wink.gif

twitards will die. no really they will, someday not too far in the future the book will be banned, burned and Meyer will be on a stick. and I will laugh my arse off.

I like what my college friend said "Books like this should be kept in a closet for 30 years, and then read again by editors and then decided if it should be burned or released." I think in 30 years someone would have read twilight and said "What a load of BuLL$417!!!, to the burn pile!"

I actually liked the Twilight Saga... I like the writing style of the books and they give me something to occupy my time whenever I don't have anything to do and have ran out of new books to read.

However, you will never, ever find me associating myself with the very wack fans... And you will never, ever find me quoting Twilight or saying "omg! I love Edward" or "omg! Bella is sooooo hot" or any statements that sound even remotely like those.

I had to put in my two cents here. I know I will probably be ripped apart. So be it.

First of all, the book is *alright*. Meyer's writing does leave a lot to be desired. Her ideas are not horrible. Vampires are legend, and instead of writing the same exact thing all of her predecessors have written, she put a new twist that apparently is against vampire law.

They sparkle. *gasp* First off, Vampires in legend have and have not been able to walk about in daylight. Bram Stoker had Dracula moving about in Daylight. Then arises the legend that sunlight will kill them. Okay, I can go with that. Meyer however went with the idea that they would not be killed in sunlight. Instead she gave a reason as to not being able to go into sunlight. A reason that in my opinion is actually a good one. I have heard arguments that she could have done something else like make them exceptionally pale or some other difference. I think that paleness even extreme would not have done what she was trying to portray in the book. Then the vampires would not be able to mingle at all with the humans.

Again, my opinion is that she wrote a good story. The idea that a group of vampires chose to try to lead as normal a life as possible is not unheard of. It's been done before. So she had to make it so they could look like they fit in every day society but had a reason to not go out in daylight. The ever dreaded and complained about "Sparkle" is actually an excellent idea. It is not something that can be hidden and would definitely draw attention to them marking them as other.

I also believe that there is a large group of people who are yearning to be published. Who probably are much better and adept writers then Stephanie Meyer. BUT.... She got published. She has sold millions. They made her book into a movie. I can see a large part of these unpublished writers being upset with that. I would be. She came up with a brilliant idea and it's worked for her. Kudos. Hopefully her writing will improve in future books and will be able to back up what her ideas are.

Again, this is all my opinion. I enjoyed the book. Would I put it in my top ten? No. I don't even think it rates my top 50. But... It was good.

I had to put in my two cents here. I know I will probably be ripped apart. So be it.

First of all, the book is *alright*. Meyer's writing does leave a lot to be desired. Her ideas are not horrible. Vampires are legend, and instead of writing the same exact thing all of her predecessors have written, she put a new twist that apparently is against vampire law.

They sparkle. *gasp* First off, Vampires in legend have and have not been able to walk about in daylight. Bram Stoker had Dracula moving about in Daylight. Then arises the legend that sunlight will kill them. Okay, I can go with that. Meyer however went with the idea that they would not be killed in sunlight. Instead she gave a reason as to not being able to go into sunlight. A reason that in my opinion is actually a good one. I have heard arguments that she could have done something else like make them exceptionally pale or some other difference. I think that paleness even extreme would not have done what she was trying to portray in the book. Then the vampires would not be able to mingle at all with the humans.

Again, my opinion is that she wrote a good story. The idea that a group of vampires chose to try to lead as normal a life as possible is not unheard of. It's been done before. So she had to make it so they could look like they fit in every day society but had a reason to not go out in daylight. The ever dreaded and complained about "Sparkle" is actually an excellent idea. It is not something that can be hidden and would definitely draw attention to them marking them as other.

I also believe that there is a large group of people who are yearning to be published. Who probably are much better and adept writers then Stephanie Meyer. BUT.... She got published. She has sold millions. They made her book into a movie. I can see a large part of these unpublished writers being upset with that. I would be. She came up with a brilliant idea and it's worked for her. Kudos. Hopefully her writing will improve in future books and will be able to back up what her ideas are.

Again, this is all my opinion. I enjoyed the book. Would I put it in my top ten? No. I don't even think it rates my top 50. But... It was good.

QTF.

twitards will die. no really they will, someday not too far in the future the book will be banned, burned and Meyer will be on a stick. and I will laugh my arse off.

I like what my college friend said "Books like this should be kept in a closet for 30 years, and then read again by editors and then decided if it should be burned or released." I think in 30 years someone would have read twilight and said "What a load of BuLL$417!!!, to the burn pile!"

I like one quote from the book.

'Life sucks and then you die. Yea, I should feel lucky.'

Or something like that. Its the beginning quote for Jacob in Breaking Dawn. I couldnt help but giggle at it.

I like one quote from the book.

'Life sucks and then you die. Yea, I should feel lucky.'

Or something like that. Its the beginning quote for Jacob in Breaking Dawn. I couldnt help but giggle at it.

Happy Bunny said it better...

"Eat right. Exercise hard. Die anyway."

That quote was already from someone. I've been hearing it for like YEARS!!!!

Meyer, sweet. Originallity again?

That quote was already from someone. I've been hearing it for like YEARS!!!!

Meyer, sweet. Originallity again?

That would require creativity biggrin.gif

REAL creativity, not 'oh, Imma stick sparkles on this thing!' creativity.

More like... Billy Madison "I made the duck blue because I wanted to see a blue duck." xd.png

My Two cents:

I'd rather be an unpublished author than the creator of a book and novel movie fueled by rabid, ferocious, and airheaded fangirls who apparently think that sparkling vampires are the best thing since High School Music, Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, or whatever wierd trends out there.

Well, what if you had an awesome character in your book, and people just happened to like him just as much? Meyer didnt expect this much fandom. Im sure she wouldv'e cut him down a bit if she knew people were saying they wanted his sparkley babies |:

On one hand, this is my kind of book. On the other hand, I hate fangirl obsessions and the characters.

Personally, I found the book to be boring, the characterisation to be almost non-existent and the vampires to be downright strange. Frankly, Edward Cullen doesn't emote lust as much as the desire to vomit. He's an emotionally abusive borderline psychopath with the depth of a puddle under a blowlamp. Frankly, smelling nice is only a prerequisite for love if one is the narrator of a particularly unstable Carol Anne Duffy poem.

Meyer's writing, I think e're all agreed, is shoddy to say the least. However, I think that some of her ideas for differentiating her vampires from the norm were sound in principle. However, like a dodgy hangman, the execution let her down. The change-of-appearance in direct sunlight wasn't that bad an idea, but it should've been to something like, say, how they would look if they hadn't been vampirised. Corpses and the like. Instead we got a good dose of body glitter and the distinct impression that this is nought but the masturbatory fantasy of a sexually frustrated housewife. Yawn.

My Two cents:

I'd rather be an unpublished author than the creator of a book and novel movie fueled by rabid, ferocious, and airheaded fangirls who apparently think that sparkling vampires are the best thing since High School Music, Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, or whatever wierd trends out there.

Amen.

That's why I always laugh when people say I'm jealous of her...

Right.

I'm also jealous of a puddle of puke.

Well, what if you had an awesome character in your book, and people just happened to like him just as much? Meyer didnt expect this much fandom. Im sure she wouldv'e cut him down a bit if she knew people were saying they wanted his sparkley babies |:

...Please. Do not use "awesome character" and an inference to Edward in the same post.

It's a disgrace to the English language.

As for making an awesome character: I'm sure, sooner or later, that I would be able to come up with at least one vampire character that is awesome in epic proportions. However, I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE that he would not be shallower than the sugar glazing on a donut.

Nor would he sparkle.

that he would not be shallower than the sugar glazing on a donut.

That's implying Edward has some kind of personality.

The Twilight characters are a first for me. They aren't even two dimensional, they are ONE dimensional.

That's implying Edward has some kind of personality.

The Twilight characters are a first for me. They aren't even two dimensional, they are ONE dimensional.

Hey, at least it sparkles.

Hey, at least it sparkles.

That makes it worse.

Except she had opportunities to do just that after the first book. What does she do? Makes Edward and Bella's obsession with him worse in the following books.

And you people are way too righteous. I'd totally sell out and write cheesy tween vamp romances and make da monies. Lotsa-n-lotsa monies. I'd be rollin', ya hatin'.

Maybe I can sue Meyers for stealing my totally original shiny vamp idea that I came up with in college... that she stole from me... in the future?

Hey wait!

I normally try to make my characters full fleshed, and realistic. That makes them kind of hateable.

I've been working on my second book of the trilogy, but the main character became such an annoying Mary Sue, I just had the need to errase the WHOLE document, and start over.

I hate the book, I need to think of something better for the second book. But I don't know what!!

I think I'll just start with my Nazi planned book, and with Amistad (don't know how long the book will be, but it's going to be a critic to the mistreatment of dogs, and the lack of gubernamental attention on them).

The Nazi book will be from the point of view of a man in the regime. I'm just so tired of reading "wooo, nazis are BAAAD, evil, dummies, that get beaten up by handsome spy". I wanted to take a look at the other side of Nazism, and as I'm reading Mein Kampf, and Hitler's Europe, as well as all of the documents I've already read, I'll make a historical fundamented fiction.

I normally try to make my characters full fleshed, and realistic. That makes them kind of hateable.

I've been working on my second book of the trilogy, but the main character became such an annoying Mary Sue, I just had the need to errase the WHOLE document, and start over.

I hate the book, I need to think of something better for the second book. But I don't know what!!

I think I'll just start with my Nazi planned book, and with Amistad (don't know how long the book will be, but it's going to be a critic to the mistreatment of dogs, and the lack of gubernamental attention on them).

The Nazi book will be from the point of view of a man in the regime. I'm just so tired of reading "wooo, nazis are BAAAD, evil, dummies, that get beaten up by handsome spy". I wanted to take a look at the other side of Nazism, and as I'm reading Mein Kampf, and Hitler's Europe, as well as all of the documents I've already read, I'll make a historical fundamented fiction.

What does this have to do with Twilight?....