Branndi

Twilight

I have to wonder why, if ya'll HATE the books so much, why you bother reading them? I mean, if I read the first book of a series and hate it; I DO NOT read the rest of them. Why torture yourself?

Hate is as attractive as love, also ever heard of masochism?

I actually did stop reading the first book (never read the others) after starting to think that Edward sabotaged that car that almost killed Bella and paid a few bucks to those guys trying to molest her, all because he could then go and "save" her. cool.gif Obviously I'm too cynical to be in the target group for books like this.

I wonder if the author of Twilight gets kicks out of knowing how debated her books are.

Oh, ya know, Stephenie Meyer's so fragile that she has to ignore everything.

Her brother Seth Morgan Meyer, webmaster of her website, censures her e-mails so that she'll never receive any critique, otherwise she would feel bad.

His own words:

"it would be ignorant to believe that criticism of any kind does not hurt the person to whom it is directed"

So her dear bodyguard prevents her from reading anything like that.

She said in an interview:

"As an author, you have to live in a glass house. If you have walls up, you can't see the world around you to interpret it into your stories. And when people start throwing bricks at your glass, you can't fill in the holes with cement. You just have to put more glass in and it's just more delicate than it was before. Being vulnerable and fragile is kind of essential to being able to translate your emotions into a printed work."

So a writer must be fragile and everything in order to be a good writer, huh?

^ @ Above: So true!

I personally dislike twilight because of the many writing mistakes she makes. She stops the story to describe everything, instead of fitting it in like most good books.

the thing that gets me most though is she uses whole paragraphs to say how Edward sparkles. Aren't vampires, supposed to be predators? A sparkly predator would just be obvoius. Ugh.

"As an author, you have to live in a glass house. If you have walls up, you can't see the world around you to interpret it into your stories. And when people start throwing bricks at your glass, you can't fill in the holes with cement. You just have to put more glass in and it's just more delicate than it was before. Being vulnerable and fragile is kind of essential to being able to translate your emotions into a printed work."

Or... you could just use bulletproof glass. -shrug-

OR better yet, get a normal house and just go out into the f****** world to get an idea of how things are.

Or... you could just use bulletproof glass. -shrug-

OR better yet, get a normal house and just go out into the f****** world to get an idea of how things are.

Hmm, never build your house out of glass. You have to always walk around in clothes...and never throw things in anger.

And your slew of black hatchlings there in your incubator kind of scares me, Paine.

Hmm, never build your house out of glass. You have to always walk around in clothes...and never throw things in anger.

And your slew of black hatchlings there in your incubator kind of scares me, Paine.

Heheh. Go look at the scroll to get why there are so many. (Next will be a slew of mints!)

And bulletproof glass would prevent breakage from anger throws.

... And it can't be called public nudity if you're in your house. People just have to not look. tongue.gif

I didn't realize. GOOD GRACIOUS PAINE!!!

I second the motion. Go out and see how the real world works!

I didn't realize. GOOD GRACIOUS PAINE!!!

I second the motion. Go out and see how the real world works!

But teh real world is full of criticism and FACTS! Like stalking is BAD and venom is DEADLY! ohmy.gif

But teh real world is full of criticism and FACTS! Like stalking is BAD and venom is DEADLY! ohmy.gif

AHAHAHAHA!!

Soooo true, Paine!

Heheh. Go look at the scroll to get why there are so many. (Next will be a slew of mints!)

And bulletproof glass would prevent breakage from anger throws.

... And it can't be called public nudity if you're in your house. People just have to not look. tongue.gif

That is very true...on both counts.

*goes to look at scroll*

HOLY ****. Its "Still Alive" in hatchlings...you are made of pure awesome, Paine.

Oh, ya know, Stephenie Meyer's so fragile that she has to ignore everything.

Her brother Seth Morgan Meyer, webmaster of her website, censures her e-mails so that she'll never receive any critique, otherwise she would feel bad.

His own words:

"it would be ignorant to believe that criticism of any kind does not hurt the person to whom it is directed"

So her dear bodyguard prevents her from reading anything like that.

So a writer must be fragile and everything in order to be a good writer, huh?

Wait, what?

She can't handle criticism? Even 'positive' criticsm ? And she's a writer? Writers+critisim=hopefully better books.

dry.gif Now we know why her books are full of drivel. No one was allowed to point out the mistakes.

Edited by Fortune86

Wait, what?

She can't handle criticism? Even 'positive' criticsm ? And she's a writer? Writers+critisim=hopefully better books.

dry.gif Now we know why her books are full of drivel. No one was allowed to point out the mistakes.

Hrm, that's what I thought.

I HOPE for constructive criticism. It helps me improve what I'm writing.

I agree - maybe if she'd take a little advice from someone then I wouldn't be burning Twilight this summer with a magnifying glass.

I heard her last book wasn't edited at all, as she refused to have anything changed. She's so HIGH up her pedestal that she believes she needs no correction, because she's just AWESOME!

That's why her last book is, by far, the WORST.

Oh you've got to be kidding. Someone needs to knock her down a peg or thirty.

The reason she thinks her poo doesn't stink is because of all these fourteen year old self proclaimed book gurus, hailing her as the greatest author to the book world since J.K. Rowling or Stephen King.

Her ignorance will never cease to amaze me.

Lets just hope she doesn't start a trend amongst authors. I hate to think about the future of literature if no one is allowed to point out the bad/stupid/insane bits.

Oh dear lord. Can you just imagine a string of authors writing about werewolves that turn into puppies when the moonlight hits them? Or zombies that drink slurpees instead of brains?

Someone needs to stop this woman.

If that happens I'll ban my kids from reading. I'l let them play violent video games instead. smile.gif

I'll bribe my kids into not reading - "If you stay away from books till you have a brain in your head and you're over sixteen years old, I'll buy you your first car and supply your friends with alcohol!"

If their friends have alcohol, then my kids will be popular and drink it, thus they will have no time to read about sparkly vampires or cute, household werewolves. They'll be too inebriated.

Bahaha neither do I ><;

I don't even know if I WANT kids. God knows all the world needs is another ME running around :P

So its agreed then? In order to not only protect the future of literature but our own as-yet-non-existant-children, we need to lynch Meyer.