Branndi

Twilight

We'll need backup though. Meyer has an army of crazed fangirls. And if many of them are pregnant with Edward's lovechild as they claim, we are in deep dodo.

Edited by Fortune86

I've got a friend. She's crazy. I think that if we can make about thirty clones of me and her, and you if you want, we'd be good >:3

We can dump make-up remover on them to remove the glitter that they will most surely try to blind us with.

Yeah but by the time we have fully function clones of you and your friend, how many authors would have followed Meyer new way?

We just need a helicopter, lots of gasoline and a few matches.

I've got a thick, iron bar, I use to secure my car's steering wheel to the pedals. That works wonders as offensive weapon wink.gif.

Oh, and did I tell you my boyfriend's mom got a HUGE house up in a mountain, away from civilization? It's got a humongous garden, and a shovel too.

That is very true...on both counts.

*goes to look at scroll*

HOLY ****. Its "Still Alive" in hatchlings...you are made of pure awesome, Paine.

I'm going for Little Mouse and Reggae Man next..

Anyway, on topic.

Um... I'm really good at just pounding the life out of stuff?

I have lots of replica swords! And other pointy blades for stabbity. *grins*

There's also a good few acres of empty land behind my house too...

I have lots of replica swords! And other pointy blades for stabbity. *grins*

There's also a good few acres of empty land behind my house too...

Why do we need land? Let's go the Lovett route and make pies.

And feed them to people at Twicon. cool.gif

Why do we need land? Let's go the Lovett route and make pies.

And feed them to people at Twicon. cool.gif

Now THAT'S eeeeeeviiiil!!! biggrin.gif

If we rent a plane, we could just drop her off in the middle of the Pacific. Then tell her:

"Go call your faerie prince! Isn't he SOOOO perfect?"

I just wanted to set hr house on fire. sad.gif

*lowers matches*

We could say her latest book spontainioulsy (sp?tongue.gif) combusted because the paper couldn't bear the shame of what was written on it.

Now THAT'S eeeeeeviiiil!!! biggrin.gif

If we rent a plane, we could just drop her off in the middle of the Pacific. Then tell her:

"Go call your faerie prince! Isn't he SOOOO perfect?"

Or better yet, ask her if her 'mermaids that are called sirens but are mermaids and not like the mermaids we grew up with' could come save her...

I still vote meat pies. dry.gif

Or better yet, ask her if her 'mermaids that are called sirens but are mermaids and not like the mermaids we grew up with' could come save her...

You just made me think of police sirens, then I shifted to manatees. tongue.gif.

Wonder if manatees would come save her? I wish not.

Spontaneous combustions? That reminds me of a guy who sued a safety agency, as he had bought a polize for his newly bought, expensive cigars, and secured them against fire.

Then he said he wanted the safety money, as the cigars had been consumed in a series of "misterious small fires".

How about putting acid on the comp's keyboard? Maybe that'll keep her away from typing for quiet a time.

Mermaids that are not mermaids?

How much of mythology is this woman going to re-write to fit into her own private fantasy land? I mean new ideas are one thing, but pinching a name then slapping it onto a completely different idea is another.

Maybe I got lost somewhere.

Is she writing a book about glittering mermaids, or what?

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I am unable to find the article where she mentioned it... but yeah, it seems time travel and mermaids are next on the chopping block.

May God have mercy on the world and do something to prevent her from writing again T_t

Time travel?

No, no, no. Mess with time travel, and someone seriously has to bring her down.

My only consolation is that there aren't many ways you can slaughter the concept of time travel...right? ._.

Time travel?

No, no, no. Mess with time travel, and someone seriously has to bring her down.

My only consolation is that there aren't many ways you can slaughter the concept of time travel...right? ._.

You kidding me? Time travel's one of the easiest things to screw up.

Well, not the very very basic fundamental parts of it, I hope.

The woman won't even watch Lost Boys while writing a 'vampire' story, you really think she'll put the effort into making time travel remotely plausible?

Time Travel??? That's one of the HARDEST things to write about!

That woman is crazy! Mermaids and Time Travel? How does that mix? Atlantida someone, or what?

Tine travelling mermaids? blink.gif

Anyway, you can mess time travel up without even trying.

I saw show today where the bad woman goes back in time to prevent the evoluton of the human race. By rights if she had managed to carry out this act, she would have wiped herself out too, therefore preventing herself from being able to destroy her own kind and so on.

However, the writers gave no explation on how she would be able to destroy humans without preventing her own actions in the process. They just kinda ignored the whole situation.

Like I said, Time Travel is complicated.

Geez, I'm having one heck of a hard time writing about 1933, without messing up anything historical. Imagine time travel!

There are very few well managed time travel.

Perhaps one of the most sucessful was in HP, when Harry went back in time with Hermione, only to find out it hadn't been his father who had done the stag patronus.

BUT that presented a rather interesting conflict to Rowling tho, as many fans questioned why hadn't the time turners been used to stop Voldemort from arising to power.

When you introduce Time Travel, you must be VERY careful. That's the main reason I don't introduce that possibility in my stories, as it would just be crazy (same thing with teleport), and throw off the whole plot.

And Meyer is just not anywhere near to talented, much less to go for such an ambitious proyect in her, what? Fifth fanfiction?

Like I said, Time Travel is complicated.

Geez, I'm having one heck of a hard time writing about 1933, without messing up anything historical. Imagine time travel!

There are very few well managed time travel.

Perhaps one of the most sucessful was in HP, when Harry went back in time with Hermione, only to find out it hadn't been his father who had done the stag patronus.

BUT that presented a rather interesting conflict to Rowling tho, as many fans questioned why hadn't the time turners been used to stop Voldemort from arising to power.

When you introduce Time Travel, you must be VERY careful. That's the main reason I don't introduce that possibility in my stories, as it would just be crazy (same thing with teleport), and throw off the whole plot.

And Meyer is just not anywhere near to talented, much less to go for such an ambitious proyect in her, what? Fifth fanfiction?

-nod-

I don't even attempt time travel... the hardest thing I've done is pulling off immortality.

Thankfully, I've read Tuck Everlasting, and took a page from that book- immortality is a blessing for some, a curse for most. The way it works for my world is that the phoenix feather will only prevent death by aging (You stop aging for the most part- new cell death and growth rates are so slowed it's just pretty insignificant- whenever you take it, meaning you can be looking in your eighties forever. Sometimes it might look like it takes a few years off, but no back to your twenties look), and some congenital conditions. But it will not stop death by disease, injury, or anything else.

In some areas, one out of every... say, twenty people has found and used a feather. But out of all those, only ten out of a hundred may make it past 100, and even fewer go for really long time spans- they just go mad after a while. Seeing family and friends who would not accept the feather die, or those who did die from disease and/or injury, and just the sheer weight of living... it drives them either to the point of killing themselves or going completely insane from not wanting to live but being unable to die.

I think the reason they couldn't use it to stop Voldemort arising to power had several reasons;

1) Voldemorts span to power was spanned over many years. That would've meant a lot of time turner spinning.

2) Way too much chance of messing things up. I mean, look at all the problems Harry and Hermione got into just by going back 3 hours. Can you imagine if you went back years or decades?

Time travel is confusing. And really, really hard to write about. Paradoxes keep showing up, creating plot loopholes. But if pulled off, it can create a very good story. Some of my favorite shows/movies/books involved time travel. (Back to the Future!)