Branndi

Twilight

Stars of Ice wants to keep going. xd.pngD

Nessie is impossible.

1) A vampire freezes in it's current state--forever pregnancies, hair that doesn't grow, etc.

2) Edward, by some miracle, has not gotten rid of any sperm in his entire time as a vampire. The sperm are frozen in time, not moving.

3) The sperm are frozen, and therefore cannot reach their destination, let alone fertilize Bella's egg.

The sperm would eventually be flushed out.

EDIT: Then let's use a different example instead of candy. Drugs; for the sake of argument, we'll say the person who tried it likes it, because Bella also apparently liked the blood, and that they are both 18, as Bella is. A person who likes drugs will be more inclined to keep using them, while the other who has never tried it will not. If a person went 18 years not trying drugs, it's obvious they have been avoiding it and have been taught that it's bad.

Or, back to the child argument, let's use squid. Kids often are unwilling to try different foods, especially things that aren't eaten normally (like blood!). Bella knew she was going to drink blood and enjoyed the taste as a human, so we'll use a kid from a culture where they eat squid more regularly than the other kid's culture. One kid has eaten squid a bunch of times and enjoys it, the other is unsure and likes the normal cuisine. Guess which one will pick the squid?

Bella knew she would drink blood and liked its taste. A person who hadn't even thought about drinking it is more likely to be disgusted and keep away, even from animal blood. Bella is used to the idea and was totally expecting to be a monster who craved blood. While she may have tried her best not to succumb to the thirst, she would still feel it was alright and she understood why she would drink it. A person randomly changed is scared and after the realization of what they had become, they would keep themselves from drinking because they thought it was extremely wrong and disgusting. There morals stay the same as a human, while Bella's are newborn veggie vampire morals.

So does oscarwilde.

one to do that.

Okay, first off, gestational diabetes? There is no way anything that exists in today's world could possibly relate to what went down in Bella's uterus. Bella needs to drink blood to feed her mutant spawn? Fine. I don't care. I even went a looked up gestational diabetes since I didn't quite understand how it related to Bella's pregnancy. This is what I found:

"Gestational diabetes is a carbohydrate intolerance of variable severity that starts or is first recognized during pregnancy. Gestational diabetes is usually diagnosed during the 24th to 28th weeks of pregnancy. In many cases, the blood glucose level returns to normal after delivery. It is recommended that all pregnant women be screened for gestational diabetes during the 24th and 28th weeks of their pregnancy. The symptoms are usually mild and not life-threatening to the pregnant woman. However, the increased maternal glucose (blood sugar) levels are associated with an increased rate of complications in the baby, including large size at birth, birth trauma, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and jaundice. Maintaining control of blood sugar levels significantly reduces the risk to the baby. The risk factors for gestational diabetes are being older when pregnant, African or Hispanic ancestry, obesity, gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy, having a previous baby weighing over 9 pounds, an unexplained death in a previous fetus or newborn, a congenital malformation (birth defect) in a previous child, and recurrent infections."

Alright. So now we know what it really is. Now what about treatments?

"The goals of treatment are to maintain blood glucose levels within normal limits during the duration of the pregnancy, and ensure the well-being of the fetus. Close monitoring of the mother and the fetus should continue throughout the pregnancy. Dietary management provides adequate calories and nutrients required for pregnancy and to control blood glucose levels. Patients should receive nutritional counseling by a registered dietitian. If dietary management does not control blood glucose levels within the recommended range, insulin therapy should be initiated. Self-monitoring of blood glucose is required for effective treatment with insulin."

Alright. So a mother needs to watch what she eats. No massive dietary changes there. It's not like they're suddenly downing blood by the gallon. Now lets look at what happens after:

"There is a slight increased risk of the fetus or newborn dying when the mother has gestational diabetes, but this risk is lowered with effective treatment and careful watching of the mother and fetus. High blood glucose levels often go back to normal after delivery. However, women with gestational diabetes should be watched closely after giving birth and at regular intervals to detect diabetes early. Up to 40% of women with gestational diabetes develop full-blown diabetes within 5-10 years after delivery. The risk may be increased in obese women."

Yeah. A big chunk of information right there. Are you saying that Bella has a vampire version of gestational diabetes that has a 40% chance of turning her into a vampire within 5-10 years? I really don't understand your argument here. Could you please reword it?

Now back to the whole 'vampire virus' issue. The novels have stated that the only way for a human to become a vampire is for a vampire's venom to get into their system somehow. Nessie has no venom, so there is no way she could have influenced Bella's change in any way. Of course, we can always assume that Meyer will pull an excuse out of her ass and SO IT SHALL BE. Oh wait! She already did give an excuse as to why Bella is so speshul!

She. Was. Too. Stubborn.

Massively lame excuse.

And no, Bella would not have regained consciousness until the virus' had run its course. Once her heart stops it's over. It's done. She's a full-blown vampire. Of course, I'm just going off on the information Meyer has given us. Once again, should she suddenly change her rules again this could change.

Alright. Lets change the candy analogy. As much as I hate using them in examples, takes drugs for instance. If a heroin addict is offered some heroin they'd immediately snatch it up and use it. However, if someone who was not an addict was given the same offer they would most likely refuse. Even if they did accept, the addict's reaction would be much more violent than the person who wasn't addicted's. So, the fact that Bella was exposed to blood as a human should, in theory, make her more likely to latch onto the first human she sees.

Edited by Panlah

I just updating this thread to let everyone know who doesn't already that the Twilight movie has been bumped up from Dec. 12th to Nov. 21st because they're taking the Harry Potter release date since that movie was pushed back.

I have just read the first book and I liked it. I'm looking forward to the movie

I read just first book, because i'm waiting for New moon in library.

I like first book very, very much biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I have first book at home.

I think it's Kristen Stewart good for playing Bella and Robert for Edward.

But my favuorite is Ashley Greene as. Alice biggrin.gif

I read just first book, because i'm waiting for New moon in library.

I like first book very, very much biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I have first book at home.

I think it's Kristen Stewart good for playing Bella and Robert for Edward.

But my favuorite is Ashley Greene as. Alice biggrin.gif

I agree! *nods* I think she makes a cute Alice. I also love Kellan for Emmett and I think Jackson for Jasper too. I even think Peter makes a great Carlisle.

Another book by an author who doesn't know what the hell she's writing about, and adding very, very heterosexual themes. Seriously, there needs to be more gay, and vampires don't sparkle.

*high fives Panlah*

Edited by MapleRedwood

Another book by an author who doesn't know what the hell she's writing about, and adding very, very heterosexual themes. Seriously, there needs to be more gay, and vampires don't sparkle.

*high fives Panlah*

So something like more Lestat, only less annoying and in woman form? Lol

*Coughs* Since everyone's stated their opinions on this book/ series--and I agree with every point made, er, most of them, anyway--I'd like to add my own. I honestly believe that S. Meyer has talent. For me, Twilight will always have a special place in my heart because the opening was stunning. BUT when New Moon was published, I instantly thought, here comes another Harry Potter. And then Eclipse came out. And then Breaking Dawn came out. And now I predict that yet another book will come out. I never read BD because of everyone told me not to do so and what you all told me about the book. I agree with everyone on the fact that Bella is... kind of a let-down for a heroine. And to talk about the movie: my mental image of Edward is shattered. I mean, from how BELLA described him, he could rival a Greek God, ((Was that analogy even used? It sounds familiar, somehow)) but from the movie's pictures, he looks more like Stoker's version of Dracula. Uh... I could post forever, but I'm too lazy. ^.^ And Panlah, I hope you post your report/ analysis when it's finished. Good luck! Me done now! ^.^

Breaking Dawn's the last book, aside from Midnight Sun which is a companion to Twilight, redoing the book from Edward's point of view, and yet to come out.

I actually think that they did a good job with the cast that they have for Twilight. Because honestly...the Cullens are painted as perfect looking in every way. Rose is even described as the most beautiful woman in the world. So in reality, how are you suppose to find people that fit that exact description to bring onto the big screen? There is just no way.

The cast they have may not be a perfect vision of what was painted for us in the books but they are good enough. At least, in my opinion.

FROM HER SITE!

As some of you may have heard, my partial draft of Midnight Sun was illegally posted on the Internet and has since been virally distributed without my knowledge or permission or the knowledge or permission of my publisher.

I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique. Due to little changes I made to the manuscript at different times, I can tell when each left my possession and to whom it was given. The manuscript that was illegally distributed on the Internet was given to trusted individuals for a good purpose. I have no comment beyond that as I believe that there was no malicious intent with the initial distribution.

I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga, I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet, doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this message on the Midnight Sun page). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

I do want to take a moment and thank the wonderful fans who have been so supportive of me over the past three years. I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you means to me. I only hope this note will stop all the confusion and online speculation so that the Twilight universe can once again become the happy escape it used to be. After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects.

--Stephenie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

"You posted leaks so I'm going to act like a child and not finish because I'm a speshul author!!!"

Yeah, Deathly Hallows was leaked, and you know what Rowling did? SHE FINISHED IT.

What an immature little biatch. I'm going to have to much fun laughing at the Twihards at school.

http://stepheniemeyer.com/

I wish she'd have just gone through with it and killed Bella and the Cullens.

Edited by Panlah

So, I just finished reading the leaked draft, and I don't know why Meyers is being so spiteful about the whole thing. To my eyes, it's no better nor worse then any of the other books she's published. If anything, it makes me wonder more about the sanity of her editors and publishers than anything else. Edited by crinaeae

She butchered Spanish, and I guarantee it would have made it past the editors.

"Esta bien, Edward?"

"Perdanme"

"Emmett, puedas tu ayuda a tu hermano?"

Now, I took two years of Spanish. Puedas is the conjugation that doesn't exist of poder. Ayudar shouldn't be conjugated, and the tu after her gibberish verb shouldn't exist.

"Puedes ayudar a tu hermano?"

YOU'RE DOIN' IT WRONG, MEYER.

Awe, thanks for the news, Panlah...as sad as it may be...Le sigh.

But I agree, I think she should keep writing on it. And yes, I am saying that from a fan's point of view and also from not one. Panlah's right, Deathly Hallows was leaked and it was still finished.

I mean, there are plenty of books out there that get leaked and the authors still finish the book on time.

Honestly, I think alot of this may have to do with the backlash she got from Breaking Dawn too.

Nah, she's just throwing a butthurt hissy fit. She wants a pity party. She wants to be speshul.

Backlash or not, she needs to learn to take it, like every other freaking author. If you ask me she's so full of herself to the point that she feels like she's more of a writer than anyone else.

Her attitude pisses me off.

That whole speech of her's pretty much made me give up on any hope of Midnight Sun ever being released Lol

That's what she wants.

Give it a few months. She'll release it, and when she does it'll sell more than Breaking Dawn did due to the suspense.

It's a trick to get more money.

I hope that is true...even if it means I fell for it laugh.gif

But oh well if she doesn't...at least I have the Black Dagger Brotherhood to keep me entertained now Lol

Ohkaii .. This board was made a few weeks ago so I don't know what your talking about now (I'm sort of lazy to go through 18 pgs). I just wanted to say I love twilight that's why my user is eclipse__xox .. It sounds nice and I love eclipse ..

My favorite is Twilight because it is the beginning of Edward and Bella (I have an I ♥ Edward shirt) relationship and the beginning is so funny how they're all sarcastic . I love how Stephenie Meyer writes.

Breaking Dawn is tied with Twilight. Renesmee is just too cute. The whole book is centered around her. I just don't get the name . xd.png

So update me on what you guys are talking about.

Ohkaii .. This board was made a few weeks ago so I don't know what your talking about now (I'm sort of lazy to go through 18 pgs). I just wanted to say I love twilight that's why my user is eclipse__xox .. It sounds nice and I love eclipse ..

My favorite is Twilight because it is the beginning of Edward and Bella (I have an I ♥ Edward shirt) relationship and the beginning is so funny how they're all sarcastic . I love how Stephenie Meyer writes.

Breaking Dawn is tied with Twilight. Renesmee is just too cute. The whole book is centered around her. I just don't get the name . xd.png

Welcome fellow Twilight fan! *Waves*

Oh, right now Panlah and I are talking about Midnight Sun. If you go back just one page, Panlah quoted a statement Stephenie made from her website and you can read that. That's what we're discussing right now.

Ooh .. I read the first chapter. It was amazing .. I love Edward so much . Gah . I wish he was real. I don't know I might like Edwards point of view more because it will probably not be so confusing (i got really confused during twilight).

I am just happy at the thought of a book that is not from Bella's point of view so that there is an actual story being told without the constant whining. I love Edward, so seeing how things went down through his eyes and his thoughts through the whole experience would be fun to read.

Plus, it means more Emmett and Jasper time...which is always a plus in my book biggrin.gif

Blagh. If you want to go back to the first page, you can read all of my arguements given in this thread.

This thread is barely a fan thread. It's more like a giant Twilight Debate.

Edit: EDWARD IS AN ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND. DO. NOT. BE. FOOLED. BY. TWILIGHT.

Anti: “Edward is abusive”

Support for this argument includes the following (and this is just a quick list):

1. Edward is controlling and domineering

2. Edward has an unequal share of authority over the relationship

3. Edward threatens suicide

4. Edward manipulates Bella into marriage

5. Edward actively attempts to prevent Bella from seeing her friend

6. Edward encourages Bella’s isolation from others

Now, I’ve found that the most common argument in rebuttal for “Edward is abusive” is “But he only does it because he loves her” or “He’s trying to protect her” or “His intentions are good” or “He recognizes that he makes mistakes/overreacts”.

Let me just say this once to make it clear: intentions (good or bad) do not matter. It’s an instance of the classic phrase acta non verba, or “actions, not words.” It doesn’t matter if I tell you “I love you so much!” if I immediately follow that statement by trying to kill you. It doesn’t matter if I honestly DO love you and I STILL try to kill you; the action of attempted homicide still stands (and I’ll be charged with that) regardless of how I feel about it. If I kill someone and then say “I made a mistake” or “I loved him/her”, the fact that I feel bad about it in retrospect does not change the irreversible fact that I did, in fact, kill someone.

So if Edward removes the engine from Bella’s truck and then replaces it later, the fact that he replaces it later is irrelevant to the issue at hand; the fact that he performed the abusive act in the first place. I don’t care if he felt bad about it or changed his mind; he still performed the act to begin with.

If Edward only does anything “in order to protect Bella”, it’s again an instance of the irrelevance of intentions. Simply put, he doesn’t have the right to upend another person’s life or to attempt to control what that person does, even if he cares about them. It is not my roommate’s place to lock me in our room to prevent me from going out and getting trashed, even if she thinks she’s doing it to “protect me” or “because she cares about me.” Likewise, it isn’t Edward’s right to decide who Bella sees, when she sees him, where she sees him, and for how long. Just because he decided NOT to kidnap Bella for the weekend a second time doesn’t make the fact that he kidnapped her for a weekend for the first time moot.

Basically, intentions don’t matter. Actions matter. Even if Edward changes his mind or feels bad about it, that doesn’t erase the fact that he performed the act in the first place. If he feels bad about it, it doesn’t mean that his character isn’t an abusive one; you don’t judge a character based on the person he is by the end of the novel (or series); rather, you judge them (and form an understanding of them) by incorporating EVERYTHING you learn about them throughout the series. So while Edward DOES change and DOES make different decisions, his good decisions don’t negate the bad ones. He performs an abusive act = he is abusive, even if he feels bad about it.

Best. Topic. Ever.

Edited by Panlah

That is true about this thread becoming more of a debate than actual fan based thing Lol I guess I should change the title of it

Edit: And you know, I see all the signs of Edward being an abusive boyfriend/husband. But somehow, I still like him like that...at least with Bella *Shrugs* Do I promote that kind of behaviour? No, not really. And yet, I think it works well with Bella and their particular relationship.

And I also think in a way that Bella asks for it and wants it. Because she does come off as a character who isn't afraid to say what she wants or do what she wants. So if she really didn't want to be around Edward, she wouldn't be. She would have let him kill himself in New Moon or not got involved with him in the first place.

So yeah, that is just my two cents.

Edited by Branndi