Branndi

Twilight

I think the reason they couldn't use it to stop Voldemort arising to power had several reasons;

1) Voldemorts span to power was spanned over many years. That would've meant a lot of time turner spinning.

2) Way too much chance of messing things up. I mean, look at all the problems Harry and Hermione got into just by going back 3 hours. Can you imagine if you went back years or decades?

Time travel is confusing. And really, really hard to write about. Paradoxes keep showing up, creating plot loopholes. But if pulled off, it can create a very good story. Some of my favorite shows/movies/books involved time travel. (Back to the Future!)

Exactly xd.png.

Futurama: Bender's Big Score is another example of good time travel...

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I am unable to find the article where she mentioned it... but yeah, it seems time travel and mermaids are next on the chopping block.

It is not an "article" but whatever, this is where I found out about her mermaids the first time.

I'm happy to see that people here is generally NOT addicted to Twilight. Yay, I like this forum biggrin.gif

Now, about the time travels... I remember that after seeing this, well...

Of course, SMeyer will never be able to create something plausible. She doesn't even want to. "Gee, this is FICTION, it doesn't have to be believable!!"

Edited by Mawara

Time travel? I shall gut her. OR at the very least aim a microwave gun at her genitals so she'll not reproduce...

wtf mermaids.

halp. Brain no take more stupid.

Time travel? I shall gut her. OR at the very least aim a microwave gun at her genitals so she'll not reproduce...

wtf mermaids.

halp. Brain no take more stupid.

She's got like.. three kids already.

Bit too late there.

It is not an "article" but whatever, this is where I found out about her mermaids the first time.

I'm happy to see that people here is generally NOT addicted to Twilight. Yay, I like this forum biggrin.gif

Now, about the time travels... I remember that after seeing this, well...

Of course, SMeyer will never be able to create something plausible. She doesn't even want to. "Gee, this is FICTION, it doesn't have to be believable!!"

My phisics teacher, ages ago, explained us the difficulties of time travel. This was one.

We also have to take into consideration that the solar system is not steady, it's moving at huge speeds up and down, and towards the center (or something like that, my universe freak boyfriend could explain it better).

Futurama is perhaps the only show that pulls off time travel in a plausible way. So does Back to the Future, and both of them are aimed in a humorous way.

If you do it seriously, you will start getting paradoxes such as:

Why not use the machine to kill Stalin? Wait, that might have resulted in Hitler winning the allies, how could that have ended?

The list goes on!

But, Meyer? She's not able to pull together a frigging romance with vampires (that's like SOOO easy to work). She doesn't have the patience, or skills, to work for a year on developing the plot, then start working on the book.

And if you truly aim at time travel, that's a must, closing every single gap in a plausible way to make a believable story. That needs work.

But lets look at it in a positive way. I would pick it from the library just to correct it, and send her an edited copy with a note explaining why she should just retire from writing.

Time travel is complicated and you can't use it to stop something that has already happened.

If you stop an event from happening, it wouldn't happen (bear with me) and you'd have no memory of it happening, therefore you wouldn't know about it to stop it from happening.

I think I made sense.....

One of those paradox thingies.

Time travel is complicated and you can't use it to stop something that has already happened.

If you stop an event from happening, it wouldn't happen (bear with me) and you'd have no memory of it happening, therefore you wouldn't know about it to stop it from happening.

Now that's very reasonable.

No, because then you get into the whole 'multiverse' senario, where you live in a seperate universe, and how here's millions upon millions of them, branching out in every possible way.

At least, I think that's the only way to get around things like the 'Grandfather Paradox'

Twilight is just a giant Mary-Sue.

'Nuff said.

I love people who don't bother to read, at least, the last two pages of a conversation.

The whole multiverse thing does help to get around the paradox. But anyways, that wouldn't imply changing the time, as you're just doing what it's supposed to happen in that certain universe.

How about the movie Butterfly Effect? It gives a plausible explanation to how the boy changes everything, and that's recording numerous memories in his brain.

Time paradox is very complicated.

Twilight is a fail to all humanity, this si what I found on tyhe funny images thread:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I love people who don't bother to read, at least, the last two pages of a conversation.

Why would I do that. I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not here to talk about glittering mermaids and time paradoxes.

Why would I do that. I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not here to talk about glittering mermaids and time paradoxes.

QFT and QFTW!!!

So true!

Because it's polite? That's a pretty good reason to BOTHER.

And because it's annoying.

No, because then you get into the whole 'multiverse' senario, where you live in a seperate universe, and how here's millions upon millions of them, branching out in every possible way.

At least, I think that's the only way to get around things like the 'Grandfather Paradox'

Yes but then it wouldn't be your history you'd be changing, it'd be someone elses. Unless you went to live in an alternative dimension.

Yes but then it wouldn't be your history you'd be changing, it'd be someone elses. Unless you went to live in an alternative dimension.

No- because then you'd be living in the universe where you'd changed things, and there'd be another universe where you'd changed nothing, and....

Time travel's confusing.

Seperate dimensions- I have trouble imaginging that. What would it be like to live in the 2nd dimension, or maybe the 4th, time?

Now this is getting like a Stephen Hawking book.

Maybe you, as you have already recorded a memory, and as you're the one going to the past, you can remember the events? Almost as getting ripped off the normal time-space flow.

I agree with everything Panlah says.

I hate Twilight, and I have many reasons to do so. Seriously, there are so many things that are wrong with it...

I hate twilight with my very core. There's so many rabid fans near me, They only make me hate it MORE.

No i'm not dead

You are not alone...

*gives cookie*

I have a terrible feeling that my mom is going to try and buy me the Twilight movie. I keep pointing out to her that I don't like it, but she never listens. dry.gif

Twilight: Proof the end is near.

Alright, seriously. The books are nothing but the whining of an emo girl who can't think for herself and needs Eddykins to constantly save her.

Edited by salsan

Hmm.

I wonder who would win a fight between Edward (Twilight) & Edward (Full Metal Alchemist).