rainface

Hatchlings

user posted image

Sky Shiner slithered as deep down the hole as he could go. There was a strong, stinky smell going around and he coughed but he remained where he was. He knew it was his fault. He had given in to his temptations. He had disobeyed Crusher. Heaven knows what was happening up there now. The group was better off without him. Sky curled up, guilt gnawing away at his heart, with nothing but the stink around him.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Crusher grunted looking at those coming out to meet him "Sorry about.... the rough entrance to the home." he said his voice quiet "Need to stop the bleeding......... sooner the better." he said breathing a little heavily.

Artemis came out ruffled from being tossed into the entrance like that. Now some of her scales where dirty. but the clear stench of blood was strong and if not a little begrudgingly, placed the injury above preening. "I just healed your leg but ok, I need water." she said not caring who went to grab some.

"Leafs and webbing help seal up the wound, stopping the bleeding using the web.... and the blood as the seal." he explained to those willing to hear. "Artemis, you remember those herbs I taught you in the trip...... try to find them." he asked.

Scratch was never more horrified in his life. He heard a screech and immediately became fearful. Nothing could be comparable to that other than a dragon's shout. He noticed Sky in the air flying around.

"Um, Sky, you should probably get down, I'm not so sure if-"

Moments after he was saying this a huge dragon flew towards them, smoke rolling off its wings. Scratch immediately sprinted into the cave, adrenaline overloading his senses. He didn't care to get a better look at it; it was a dragon and dragons kill each other.

However, curiosity got the better of him as he slowly peeked over a small rock.

The dragon was black with white details on it, but that wasn't even the worst part. This dragon had huge fangs protruding from its jaw and what seemed to be bone mass covering most of its body. Horrified, Scratch watched as the dragon pinned Crusher down.

The fanged monster mocked Crusher by name, declaring his efforts at keeping his group alive futile. He also made the statement that they all were to remain grounded or else he would return.

Scratch was confused. He knows Crusher? He just tried to attack Sky! Why does this monster know Crusher?!

The dark dragon bit Crusher very hard, with the latter trying to bite back. The blow did nothing to harm the attacker, the bone easily cushioning any damage. The two holes punctured in Crusher's shoulder bled heavily, creating a sticky red puddle on the ground.

The bone-covered dragon flew away after attacking Crusher, who requested someone help him stanch the bleeding, and Artemis started to help him, mentioning that she would need water. She seemed to suggest that she wanted someone else to go and get some.

Crusher also mentioned how leaves and webbing seal up wounds. He didn't know any of this. He had just recovered from any of his injuries on his own...

Still scared that the dark dragon might come back, Scratch stepped out of the cave from behind the rock. He asked with a small voice,

"Is there anything... I can help with?"

He wanted to help, but didn't really know what he could do.

Edited by Coryn02

Quinn getting up, hobbled slowly to the bleeding dragon as she nudged him gently her snout cold as snow as she looked at him, her blue eyes looking worried.

((Wow, this is one long RP. I used to be active on this site years ago, and the RP I took part in was going on while this one was just starting out. Good work people, keeping this thing alive))

Username: Zeditha

Name: Zeditha

Type/Breed: *no idea, element darkness/fire*

Power: Can control darkness and breathe fire: she can also set herself on fire. The darkness, she can make it so that someone can't see, or she can make it solid and spike someone with it, or create a companion that can take on her colours, or lift a creature. She's weak with it in solid form, and can't keep it up long. She can also create a wisp of herself by morphing the darkness into her shape, but without making it solid.

Personality: Slightly evil, otherwise will depend what mood I'm in.

Appearance: Long and thin with large wings, and ear-flaps like Toothless from 'How to Train Your Dragon'. Long neck and tail: she uses her tail as a whip sometimes. She is dark purple with wisps of blue, black and maroon.

Age/Stage: about 50 years, young adult.

History: Was abandoned as an egg in a forest. She survived by herself, learned to hunt and fight, and eventually found her wings and flew away.

Extra: This is my first RP here, I have RPd in other places but I don't know how stuff works around here. So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Power: Can control darkness and breathe fire: she can also set herself on fire. The darkness, she can make it so that someone can't see, or she can make it solid and spike someone with it, or create a companion that can take on her colours, or lift a creature. She's weak with it in solid form, and can't keep it up long. She can also create a wisp of herself by morphing the darkness into her shape, but without making it solid.

Appearance: Long and thin with large wings, and ear-flaps like Toothless from 'How to Train Your Dragon'. Long neck and tail: she uses her tail as a whip sometimes. She is dark purple with wisps of blue, black and maroon.

History: Was abandoned as an egg in a forest. She survived by herself, learned to hunt and fight, and eventually found her wings and flew away.

Extra: This is my first RP here, I have RPd in other places but I don't know how stuff works around here. So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

(Hullo, Cory here. Firstly, you may want to rethink your dragon a bit, especially due to its lack of a notable breed. You also use the word "I", a personal pronoun. Now, it is fine to use elements of your own personality in an RP, but avoid making it a dragon form of you.

Be sure to read the main rules of conduct for this place or the forums if needed.

Secondly, all unapproved character sheets and OOC posts are to be made in the OOC topic (don't reply to me). If you must use OOC as a short note before a post, use brackets. Thanks for reading and I hope you make for a good member in our RP! Have a good day.)

Well, Apart from this,^ If you're joining the Forums for RPing, You should check out the dragons from Dragon-cave to see the species. Your dragon doesn't have a actual dragon that looks like it. But An alt sweetling could have that scheme and a whiptail dragon uses the tail thing. No dragon manipulates darkness though.

((First off, please move the character sheet to the OOC, there we'll take a look at it in further detail.))

Crusher looked at Scratch and nodded "If your willing to get a little dirty, could you place a paw on both key points he bite me? I can't reach my self." he admitted before looking at the other hatchling as she nudged him with her cold snout. An idea came to mind. "If you'd like to help..... could you try to make my shoulder as cold as possible? That would slow my bleeding." he said gently his breath heavy. It was too late to protect her from the sight of this, she was already here right by it.

((Who is Quinn interacting with? I thought it was Irah after she fell but now I'm confused. Also pet peeve = not using brackets.

Zman: I know right? Pretty impressive...))

Okay! I moved the character sheet to OOC, I'll probably be posting here again in a bit!

Scratch nodded. He had an idea of what Crusher wanted him to do; compressing wounds leasened the pain and made it bleed less, which would help. Crusher was losing blood and his wounds were probably not painless. But He figured it might be better to ask first.

"Do you want me to compress the wound? Is that what you mean?"

He stepped closer to Crusher, every ounce of his will bent on maintaining his resolve, since fear still coursed through his body after the dark dragon attacked. The small, battered albino had lived through many horrible things, and he was not going to be a coward now that this dragon needed him. Especially since it had saved him from a terrible future.

The wound was now starting to pump more blood out of Crusher's body. If he did not find a way to stop the bleeding, Crusher would probably end up dead. This was not the time to hesitate.

Walking right next to Crusher, Scratch pressed his paws against the two bleeding puncture wounds, doing his best to stop the flow of blood as it dyed his forelegs red.

(Crusher sorry, I'm not in a good mood being picked on in class and I can't rip those people's head off, really stressed sad.gif )

Quinn nodded as she laid by him, her snow cold scales were cold as she nestled down, her slim wingless body curled around the would as the part thats touching the wound slowly turned a slight hue of sea blue he is warm like other dragons she thought.

((Crap, I keep misreading everything.))

Irah rushed to Crusher's side as the others came in to help. There wasn't much she could do at such a young age but let him know that she was alright. She leaned her head against him, grateful that her and Crusher weren't alone.

Some time had passed before she realized someone was missing...it was Sky. Her eyes began to well up with tears but she held them back. "Where is he? Where's Sky?" she asked to anyone who would listen.

Quorran looked around. The others were helping crusher, and Irag was apparently upset over Sly going missing. "I'll look around for him." He ran around, poking his face into every nook and cranny. Finally, he found Sky inside a hole." It smells in here.." He called Irah over." Irah! I found him. Get him out, I don't want my feathers to get dirty." He cleaned his feathers. The stench of the hole earlier had clung to them, and he wanted to return to his neat, beautiful posture.

((It's Irah and Sky. smile.gif))

Irah wasn't really saddened by Sky's absence but more by his ignorance; he should have known better than to fly during nightfall. And now their hideout had been revealed and Irah wondered how the others might perceive the Skywing.

Irah ran over to Quorran and held her breath before looking down the hole. "Sky, the monsters gone, you can come out now." she assured him.

Edited by Booo

Zeditha flew above the forest floor, searching for prey. Her wings were silent as she found her way past trees, and soon her sharp eyes spotted movement in the undergrowth. She landed softly, and crept up on it: the vibrations it made as it moved were helpful. It felt like a rabbit, only a little smaller than she was. She pounced on the bush, setting herself on fire by accident, and the bush caught fire. The smell of roasting rabbit reached her nose, and she grabbed her prey and moved away. Luckily the bush was far enough away from other things that would burn so that it would not spread. The smoke wisped into the air as she settled on a nearby treetop to eat her meal.

<OOC: Oh my, I'm so sorry, you guys probably hate me now, augh! I went on a hiatus (duh) and then I was too afraid to come back here and show my face that I kept putting it off and now I see this and ugh! I'm so sorry, I suck at commitment, I really do!>

user posted image

Sky Shiner didn't know how long he'd been there but he didn't really mind staying in there. Sure, it smelled but whatever the source of the smell, he'd inched himself as far as he could into the opposite side of the hole. Nobody would want him now. Heck, even his parents had left him alone in his egg. He was just too dumb, too stupid for anyone. Flying up and exposing their hideout...what had he been thinking?! All because he wanted to fly... Sky's wings flickered with frustration, the light temporarily cheering up the literally dark atmosphere in the hole. When he realised what he was doing, it took all of his willpower to stop himself from giving off light. A blanket of darkness fell over him again and he thought grimly to himself, "The shadows are where I belong. Not the light. Not the light. Not the light. The shadows. Yes, shadows."

Just then, someone came up to his hole. Two, actually. He recognised their voices. He knew they wanted him to come back. He couldn't. He couldn't possibly show his face again.

"No. I can't. I'll only cause more trouble. It's all I ever do."

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Irah pulled her head out with a look of uncertainty. "He won't come out, any ideas?" she asked Quorran. They could force him out but that wouldn't change his mind about anything and he'd most likely hide somewhere else. She wanted to convince him...but how? Sky had a history of being shy and insecure and all she wanted to do was help.

((I'm jealous of the fact that you guys can write beautiful paragraphs. Nowadays I can barely get by four sentences...))

Edited by Booo

user posted image

Sky Shiner listened as Irah spoke to Quorran. He inched himself even deeper to the hole's wall. He wasn't going to come out. Actually, he wanted to but it was only to get away from the others. If he stayed with them, he'd only cause more trouble for them. The further away he was from them, the better it was from them. However, he had a problem: Irah and Quorran. If they were up there, how could he run away? He thought fast. He wanted to be out of the hole. It smelled and he was starting to get tired of the crampy space. He belonged to the shadows but it didn't necessarily mean that he had to be squeezed to suffocation. Sky glanced up to the hole entrance again. Irah was distracted, talking to Quorran.

This was his chance.

With his agility and speed, he clambered out of the hole and dashed off into the cover of the trees, noticing for a brief moment that the sky was a dark blue. It was late evening. No wonder he had been spotted by Evil Crusher. He spotted a hollow tree with a small hole in its roots and squeezed down below into the hole. He popped out the other side, breathing in the musty scent of wood and undergrowth. He curled up, closing his eyes. They wouldn't look for him. He was certain they wouldn't. Maybe Irah would but definitely not Crusher, not after what he'd done.

<OOC: Oh, don't be. I know that feeling when you're stuck sometimes but I'm sure you can write good paragraphs too. :3>

Edited by Dream_Dragon