rainface

Hatchlings

Zeditha shrugged. "I hear some others coming," she said. "Also, what are you looking for?"

Artemis wiped off some blood that had stuck to her tail before replying to Scratch. "He goes by "Evil" Crusher. He wields immense power which he stole from a friend of ours and now we're on a quest to find a way of retrieving it." she said heatedly, checking herself over in case there was more blood before continuing. "As long as he's in control he'll treat us like we're his playthings."

Irah caught a glimpse of light that flashed from a nearby tree and ran toward it. She stopped when she heard Quorran calling her. "I think I saw something climb into that tree there." she called back, pointing at Sky and Zeditha's tree.

((Are people stuck? Should I add more to this?))

((Are people stuck? Should I add more to this?))

((No, I just haven't made time to post. Life is busy.))

((I hope people will reply...))

Edited by Zeditha

((Sorry; edited them in. I was still slightly in OOC-thread mode...))

((lol no prob. We should lay off the ooc chat; mods won't like us posting here unless we're RPing.))

user posted image

"I-I-I'm not quite s-sure mys-s-self..." stammered Sky Shiner. He was getting more nervous upon realising that the others were coming. "They're going to be so mad..." Taking deep breaths, he forced himself to calm down.

"We-we're looking for s-s-something...I th-think it m-might be a cry-crystal...or something... Acc-according to Crusher, it has the power to def-defeat Ev-Evil Cru-Crusher..." Sky explained, looking down at the ground as he did so. His thoughts returned to the others and he cringed, slithering backwards slightly.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha thought about this. "Well, crystals are pretty," she agreed. "And I've heard that they can hold magical powers sometimes... I always try to carry a crystal with me, just in case!" She turned over one paw to reveal a small amethyst geode. "But I doubt this is the one you're looking for, it has no power in it that I'm aware of."

<OOC: Ah, cripes, sorry for being late again!>

user posted image

Sky Shiner's ears perked up at the mention of a crystal in Zeditha's possession. He wondered if it could be the one they were looking for but was immediately disappointed when she said that it held no power. Nevertheless, he was curious and slithered forward a little, emanating light from his wings once more to see the crystal. Of course, the crystal was within the rock itself so he couldn't actually see it but he still thought it was amazing, the way crystals could form within a hunk of stone.

"It's...it's still pretty cool..." he said, in a voice barely above a whisper. He slowly held out a wing, then hesitated.

"Er...do you...do you mind if I...hold it?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha smiled kindly. "Not at all," she said, placing it on the ground. She turned it over as she did so, revealing that the rock was split open one one side to reveal the glittering purple spikes within. "Just be careful... I know from experience how easy it is to break the little spikes off them." She smiled ruefully, remembering the many breaks of her gemstones. "I have several more, assuming I can remenber the way. Normally I just follow my nose, I end up in the right place after a day or two."

user posted image

"I'll...I'll be careful..." he promised in a whisper, taking hold of the geode carefully with his wings. He gasped softly as he caught sight of the crystal glinting within. It seemed to sparkle and twinkle in the light from his wings. In the dark of the hollow tree, the only light being the rays that shone from Sky's wings, the simple amethyst geode was...beautiful. His ears pricked up as Zeditha mentioned being in possession of more geodes.

"R-really? You...you h-have more?..." Sky imagined a cavern filled with thousands of sparkling crystals, all different colours. Of course, he didn't think that Zeditha actually had that much but he couldn't help thinking how beautiful a cavern like that would look like.

"C-can I...could I...s-s..." Sky swallowed nervously. Darn, he stuttered more than he realised. Sky took a deep breath and tried again.

"Could I see...the rest of...of your geodes?" he asked, hopefully.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((I guess I'll have to post for Melomancer.))

"Alright, let's take a look then."But please, don't go running off again. " said Quorran, walking in front of Irah. As he led her through the dark grove he saw the light that emanated from Sky's wings. "Is that him?" he asked.

"Y-yes." she replied, her voice quivering.

It sounded like Irah was tearing up again but Quorran pretended not to notice. Once they got close Quorran motioned Irah to stop and kept his voice to a whisper, careful not to startle the Skywing. "Hey Sky, it's me, the new guy." he began. "I'm here with Irah...and where's that light coming from?" he asked, his curiosity quickly taking over.

Zeditha smirked. "If you want to follow me aimlessly for a few days," she chuckled. "I follow my nose, but other than that I have no idea where it is. And I'm not drawing a map or learning the way, because I travel too much for that, and anyway it means it's harder for anyone else to find." She shrugged, and spread her wings. "But I'm not walking all the way."

As some other dragons came up, Zeditha hopped to face them. She hovered slightly, and then perched herself in a tree. "Hello," she said. "Are you Sky's friends, then? He doesn't want you to find him, so I won't tell you where he is." She smiled and chuckled, he was in plain sight, with the light from his wings making him incredibly easy to pick out.

Edited by Zeditha

user posted image

Sky Shiner's heart skipped a beat when he heard the voices of his friends. Oh no, oh no, oh no, they had found him and they were going to be so mad! "Turn off your light, idiot, they can see you!" In a hurry, he stopped the light from emanating from his wings and darkness fell over him once more. However, it was too late, they knew he was here. He slithered backwards, his grip tightening onto the amethyst geode. It was then that he realised that he was still holding on to the small stone. Zeditha wasn't there anymore so he may as well keep it. He would give it back later. Shaking his head to stop from distracting himself, he returned to the problem at hand.

He had no way to escape from them again. If he went forward, he would bump straight into them. That had been his only option since he couldn't go left, right, or backwards. He sighed, resigned to his fate, glancing upwards as he did so. Then he froze. There was one more way out of this mess.

Up.

He could fly up and out of the tree if he wanted to! Then again...he couldn't! Not after what happened with Evil Crusher. He'd kill all his friends if he thought that would hurt Sky. "I won't fly...at least, I won't fly up high. Just to the top of the tree. That's it." Spreading all four of his wings, he flapped them, flying upwards with ease, heading straight for the highest branches on the tree. The tree wasn't that tall so he figured that would be alright by Evil Crusher's rules. Landing on the branch easily, he looked down to see Quorran and Irah just outside the hole of the hollow tree. Zeditha was on another tree branch lower down, talking to them.

Curling up into a little ball, Sky took the small geode, which he had looped his tail around to hold it earlier, into his front wings. It still looked beautiful to him, even if it wasn't bathed in light anymore.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

A dragon that was definitely NOT Sky hopped out of the tree making Quorran fall backward. "Hey! Watch it!" he shouted followed by irritated mumbling as he stood up and shook the dirt off. In response to her bantering Quorran turned to Irah and said "I think we picked the wrong tree." But just then Sky flew out and wisped high above them until he was out of sight. "Dont make me go after him! I've had enough excitement for the night." Quorran stated, noticing mud sticking to his tail.

Irah wanted so bad to fly after him but her wings still hadn't grown in. "Is S-sky c-coming back?" she asked the Nhiostrife, her voice still grief-stricken.

Edited by Booo

user posted image

Sky Shiner, curled up as a tight ball, just stared at the slightly glittering amethyst crystals within the small stone he held in his wings. However, as much he knew that he needed to stay away from his...friends...he couldn't help but prick up his ears at the sound of someone speaking. That voice...he knew who was speaking. Irah. She sounded terribly heartbroken too. Sky turned his head stubbornly away, though he desperately wanted to slither down and apologise for running away. However, he had no choice! He had to stay away! Otherwise, he would bring more hurt to the group. He had never been much of a help to them, just tagging along like a scared puppy, so why would they miss him?

Why would Irah sound so sad over the thought of him leaving? Sky was confused. They should be mad, or even glad that he had left. He had never been any help to anybody - he never had and never would be.

"But leaving the group wouldn't make a difference, would it? It wouldn't stop Evil Crusher from tormenting others. You wanted to do something helpful. Would leaving help things?" Sky squeezed his eyes shut. Much as he hated to admit it, his conscience was right. He couldn't just leave. He had wanted to find whatever that was they were looking for and stop Evil Crusher. That was his goal.

And no one was going to stand in his way. He had to be firm. He couldn't be a coward anymore. He had to stop running.

With narrowed eyes, he looped his tail around the geode again and with a graceful leap, he glided gently downwards towards the duo, Quorran and Irah.

"Looks like I am," Sky said flatly, his expression unreadable. He glanced at Zeditha, loosening his tail's grip on the geode.

"Here's your geode. Thanks for letting me see it." He gently set it onto the ground, careful not to break off any part of the crystal. After that, he turned back to Quorran and Irah. He steeled his heart against Irah's heartbreaking expression. If he mellowed, he would go back to being that cowardly Sky - and he hated that.

"We are returning to Crusher, aren't we?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha shrugged at the question, but then turned to see Sky returning. She took the Geode gently, with a quiet "You're welcome," as Sky spoke to her friends. She blended herself a bit into the background, and then slowly stepped backwards off the branch and hovered in the air. Maneuvering carefully, she began to move away, and towards the ground.