rainface

Hatchlings

As Crusher waited more sounds caught his ears that where not part of a normal river. But he was only one dragon, there brand new rescue was exhausted, and had a injured wing to boot. "Sky.... second thought, I need you to keep an eye on everyone. I need to investigate something." he said getting up and going into a quick trot along the river bank. There was another sound, this time faint, he almost missed it. He picked up speed eye's narrowed at the river then he saw a strange..... something in the water, as he got closer, it was unmistakably the muzzle of something. What was it drown in the river day?

He jumped in quickly catching up grabbing the hatchling in his for paws before swimming to the rivers bank. He placed the wet hatchling onto the river bank and shook him self a little to get the water off his scales. He made sure the hatchling was still breathing before scooping it up by the scruff between his teeth though did not peirce the scales as he started to make his way back tot he group. Visibly getting tired from all the swimming against the current on top of there long journey.

Quinn thought she had drowned as she breathed in air am I dead? she wondered as her body shivered from the cold water. As her eyes were still shut from exhaust she felt fangs pick her up is that mom or dad? she wondered as she took a deep breath as the smell of the adult dragon filled her nostrils. Too tired to struggle in fear, her body just laid limp but she was still breathing so am I'm going to be dinner? her mind panicked, wanting to move but her body gave no response to her thoughts they just flopped around uselessly as the dragon moved.

Edited by natukiro

Crusher reached the group before gently putting the new hatchling down and sat down him self breathing a little heavily "Water has a thing of draining ones energy even if your in it for only moments at a time." he admitted before starting to lick the new hatchling clean carefully. Making sure nothing was wrong no cuts no wounds. Her struggle in the water seemed to leave her too tired to resist too. Who knows how long she was in there.

He finished up and looked at the others "Please tell me I'm not going to need to dive after anyone more?" he asked though it was odd how he had to save 2 hatchlings one right after the other in the same river.

Quinn trembled as she felt the tongue licking her dry, she wondered if this was progress to prepare the meal (licking it dry and making sure it's safe before eating and those stuff.) as she just laid there hearing and sensing another life form she trembled, wondering if they were a mommy and daddy too. As the panic feeling swarmed inside her, her scales settled down almost immediately as she heard the dragon that saved her complain about going back into the river again if there were anymore hatchlings to save. so they saved me? she thought as she letted out a small but frosty breath.

Edited by natukiro

Artemis laughed at Crusher's statement. "You forget I'm one with the water," she reminded him. "If anything still pops up I'll fish it out!" Her good mood evaporated when she saw the little hatchling shaking and wrapped her tail fluff around it loosely; hopefully it would warm the hatchling a little.

Username: aximilifaolan

Name: Klectic

Type/Breed: swallowtail

Power: (i didn't know exactly what to put, so i'll put what it says about swallowtails in the description) quick, graceful flyer, capable of precise aerial acrobatics and able to reach high altitudes

Personality: shy and quiet, but friendly once you earn his trust

Appearance: your average swallowtail i guess http://dragcave.net/view/dRI8V

Age/Stage: adult

History: TBRP

Extra: nothing comes to mind

user posted image

Sky Shiner barely had any time to reply as Crusher went off. He stared as the Magi saved yet another hatchling.

"...Sure," he murmured. Flicking his head around, he made sure that everyone was there.

<OOC: Not a very good post, I'm afraid, but I'm rushing here...sorry!>

((I'll skip ahead seeing as no one's posting anything, I hope that's okay.))

Later that day...

Irah rode on Crusher's back as the group headed north. She was beginning to feel tired and wasn't sure what to make of the new hatchling who lay beside her. She was much younger than Irah with tiny gold antlers and iridescent blue scales, unlike any dragon that Irah had seen before. "Maybe her parents are worried." she said, hinting at the possibility of returning the young one home.

Edited by Booo

Crusher paused and sighed "Very possible..... very possible, for now however, we need to get back to shelter and rest fot he night." he said before a yawn escaped his jaws "We'll look for our newest hatchlings parents in the morning." he said before wondering if her parents where even alive still. His next step though made him stop as he nearly fell into the one of many entrances to the tunnel network they had discovered. "And is seems we've found home." he said before checking to make sure everyone was still with them.

Quinn's body loosened up as she felt the tail. She felt as if her parents had found her and covered her in their 'special' snow. As she felt the dragon's talk she realized it wasn't as soft as her mother's furry head.

Warming in the tail, Quinn wondered about the destruction their causing to find their beloved egg, mommy and daddy will come and save me she thought as she coiled into a tight bundle of hope.

Quinn's parents

\/

As the female launched herself on the 30th bear since their offspring went missing. As every second ticked by their memory of Quinn disappeared. Drowsily crawled back into their cave. Looking back, the female saw the large area was destroyed around their home as she followed her mate back in. Why had they woke and attacked? She asked herself as she shrugged, but she felt a hole inside her heart as she settled back down.

Edited by natukiro

user posted image

Sky Shiner slithered along beside the group, though he kept a little distance between them and himself. He hadn't spoken a word since Crusher had rescued the two hatchlings from the river. His moody demeanour had returned and he clearly had no intention of speaking to them at the moment. He hadn't helped at all back then, he'd only made things worse. Nearly attracting human attention was a dumb mistake. Making sure that everyone was there didn't help the hatchlings out of the river. Sky sighed quietly to himself. If only Evil Crusher didn't exist, he could be flying alone in the sky right now, without a care in the world. Maybe he might even meet his parents one day. Or they could be dead because of Evil Crusher.

Sky really hated that dragon.

((*sigh* still around but once again, everyone's poofed again besides 1-2 others))

((Natukiro, remember to use brackets when posting OOC. Currently waiting for someone to post...))

(( Oh okay, I just thought I had to replie to the post above without (())s, low muse ))

Quinn blinked the water off her eyes as her tiny body writhed around.

user posted image

Sky Shiner had quietly slipped out of their underground hideout into the sunshine. He looked longingly up at the sky as he did numerous times a day. He wasn't that all good at flying yet but he could still get a pretty good distance up. He couldn't try even if he wanted to. Not unless if he wanted to attract the attention of Evil Crusher. He knew that with his bright colours and his wings' habit of randomly giving off light at times (he still didn't know how to control that), there was 99.5% of him likely giving away their position to Evil Crusher. They were still searching for that one thing that was supposed to help them defeat Evil Crusher and it would be a really bad time for him to find them now.

Still...the sky looked so tempting...surely just a little flying couldn't hurt? He hesitated but he shook his head and started flapping his wings. Soon, he was a few meters up into the air. Evil Crusher probably wasn't watching anyway...

"Well look who's awake." said Irah as he new hatchling began to move about. "Just in time to see where you'll be sleeping for the night."

As Crusher descended into the tunnel the walls were dampened and something foul was in the air. "Ugh...what's that smell?" said Irah, "Something must of died down here..."

Scratch felt a bit out of place among these dragons. He found himself horrified by the sight of a giant dragon dead in a river, and intrigued by the older orange dragon helping a hatchling out of the river. The curious part of his mind was tempted to tap into his sight to better distinguish the dead dragon, but it was such a gruesome sight to see a dead dragon that he didn't even try.

The hatchling that had been rescued from the river was a bit like Sky Shiner, but he was green and orange (as far as he could tell), and had hind legs. His body wasn't as long, either, and he wasn't as shiny. His wings were huge compared to his body. While didn't he have wings? Scratch was puzzled.

He thought of saying something to it, but figured it was best not to comment much until they got to wherever these dragons lived.

After a bit of travel, the group came upon a small creature splashing about in the water. While at first Scratch could not distinguish it, once the oldest dragon went into the water again to get it, it became clear that this was yet another dragonling drowning in the river. This one was even tinier than the last to be fished from the river's water.

He could not discern much from its appearance, due to his blurred vision, and was too tired at the time to use his power again. Besides, it needed time to rest. If so many dragons were drowning in the river, it was because the river was very dangerous.

One of the other dragons had warmed the tiny creature with its tail before they set out once again. He was pretty sure this one was named Artemis...

Eventually they did reach the place where the dragons lived. It was a simple cave, albeit spacious. He wished he could have lived in a place like this at some point, even if only for a little while. Most of the better shelters were taken by other dragons.

Crusher snorted at the scent "Might be a parting gift from you know who." he muttered backing out again and gently placing the hatchling(s) on him on the ground "Wait here, Irah, keep an eye on them, I'll go get and remove what ever is-" his line was not finished as a signature screech sounded. Crusher looked around wildly "Second thought, deal with the smell we got to get in cover." he said before realizing, where was Sky? "Sky? Sky!?" Crusher had a sinking feeling as he looked around till he saw the hatchling..... in the air. "Sky! Get down!" he ordered rushing over prepared to take to the air and grabbing him if the hatchling did not listen.

Evil Crusher homed in seeing a out of place blue speck in the air. His counter part kept them on the ground, and the fact that out of fear for him entertained him, but now one was in the air. And that was his domain. He let out another screech rapidly closing the distance between him and sky. More black whisps rolling off his wings as he shot through the air.

Quorran

Uh oh. That looks like trouble. He thought. He looked up and heard the screeches. Shivering, he asked" Who.. Who.. Is that?"

Quinn shivered in horror as she felt like a crumpled piece of paper in fire as the screech echoed in her ears as she squealed a bit as she rolled around and settled herself in the shade of the bushes as her eyes slowly blinked open.

user posted image

Sky Shiner nearly dropped to the ground when he heard a sudden shout behind him. He turned around to see Crusher but then he spotted Evil Crusher closing into them. His eyes widened in shock. Although he knew that his actions would have lead to this outcome, he still hadn't been prepared to see Evil Crusher again. He glanced back at Crusher before looking back at Evil Crusher. The bone-platted dragon was even more older and experienced at flying than he was...he couldn't just fly away, Evil Crusher would catch up! His fear overwhelmed him and Sky dove to the ground, flying straight for the cave.

Evil Crusher smiled seeing the hatchling dive into the ground quickly followed by good Crusher as the orange magi scrambled around gather the hatchlings still out side. By the time Crusher had all hatchlings almost tossed into the hole Evil Crusher rammed into the magi sending them into a tumble. The dust settled to show Evil Crusher pinning the good one down. "Ah, the little orange one called Crusher, how nice it is to see you again, still struggling to save life when its in need of balance against that?" he asked smiling "I'll give you and your group one last chance, you and your weaklings, are to stay grounded, I see another one in the sky and I will start to pick them off." he said before biting Crushers shoulder who tried to bite back, but the bone platting protecting Evil Crusher.

With that the evil counter part flew off leaving good Crusher on the ground to drag him self into the hole, his shoulder bleeding heavily.

((And Evil Crushers return is set, made his rule, will the hatchlings abide by this rule? Fight against it? Only time will tell. for now in a way, they maybe safe on the ground from Evil Crusher, who could be anywhere in the skys, looking for prey to hunt, including his own kind.))

Quorran got up and gasped at the dragons fighting. He went over to crusher after the evil-looking one had gone."Are you okay?" He asked.