rainface

Hatchlings

((Probably my fault. sad.gif How's this?))

"The same could be asked of you, hovering around at this time of night." said Quorran blatantly.

Artemis ignored him. "We should be asleep but someone decided to pay a visit. You might know him....let's continue this inside." she said leading them into the cave. Her injured friend and the Solstice hatchling appeared to be sleeping so she gently picked her up and wrapped her in her tail again.

"No, put her back. It helps with the pain." muttered Crusher.

"Oh, Crusher. Sorry, thought you were sleeping." she said startled.

"I wish I was." he said opening his eyes and turned his gaze to Sky. "I need to speak to you in private." he told him. His voice was solemn but still authoritative.

<OOC: @Zeditha Well, a week or so isn't that long for most people. I guess. ^w^" >

user posted image

Sky Shiner didn't pay any mind to the conversation between the others. After all, he was pretty much an introvert; he didn't talk much. However, he suddenly felt as though someone was watching him and lifted his head, his eyes meeting Crusher's. Upon doing so, he realised that Crusher was talking to him. He stared back at Crusher, giving the slightest of nods in response. His expression was set to a neutral one but he was in turmoil inside. "He's definitely going to say it...I knew I was worthless..." He shifted slightly, turning his eyes away, feeling a little uncomfortable. Heaving a little sigh, he slithered towards Crusher, silently bracing himself for whatever the Magi had to say.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Can I join?

If so,

Username: pippypip20

Name: Zoe

Type/Breed: balloon

Power: zoe has the ability to make anything smaller then herself float.

Personality: forcefull at times, but otherwise happy to help others in need.

Appearance: her scales are rather purple then pink. rolleyes.gif

Age/Stage: adult

History: part of her lineage(O-o) includes a nebula, a white and a black. O-o.

Extra: she likes watching cows.

:-D

Edited by Pippypip20

((Please post forms in the OOC thread and use brackets when you're not RPing. Edit: And of course you can! How rude of me...)) Edited by Booo

((It's just that normally I'm on for several hours a day, being off entirely for a week would be a change. It was for me, but everyone else has basically not noticed. ...Well done you guys for getting on without me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but oh well.))

((Well it's good that everything doesn't stop because of one person but only 3 people are active and your great at this. smile.gif Also Dream I might be wrong about Sky preferring the dark, it just seemed to be heavily implied. And you said he was a good hunter, right?))

"I'll just go wash up now..." said Quorran and trudged through the cave with his muddy feet but not before sending a telepathic message to Artemis saying "We need to talk."

"Good idea." said Artemis and skipped after him. "Okay, what is it?" she asked.

"It's Zeditha, she gave me a bad vibe earlier." he whispered, giving a quick glance back at the Nhiostrife. "Are you sure we should invite her in when we barely know her?"

"Well she's no bigger than a small cat and she seems pretty nice around Sky, I doubt she's much of a threat." she replied.

"Good point. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid after what happened." he said as he walked through a large puddle and watched the water turn brown.

~~~

"Thank you for aiding me Scratch, I no longer need your assistance. You can join the others if you wish." said Crusher and waited until he was far enough away before speaking to Sky.

"Sky if you wanted so badly to fly you could of just told me." Crusher spoke sternly as he adjusted his position so the exchange between them was a little more comfortable. "But you have to understand that Evil Crusher on our trail has made it increasingly difficult and it's hard enough to keep an eye on all of you. I don't care if you prefer the dark, anyone of us could have died today." Crusher's voice got quieter realizing that his words might of stung. "But you are Skywing and I should respect that. Your hunting expertise is much appreciated and it would be a shame to see you go."

Irah was of course curious but she wasn't going to argue with Crusher so she followed Artemis and Quorran while looking back at Sky.

Edited by Booo

Zeditha fluttered among the trees in the forest. Spotting a rabbit, she flipped over, dived down and grabbed it in her claws. She killed it with a bite, and flew back to a branch at the edge of the forest to watch everyone. "I've caught a rabbit if anyone really wants to share it," she said. She didn't shout, just spoke normally. If anyone cared what she was saying, they'd listen. She began to nibble at the meat.

((Can Nhios breathe fire?))

((Yay. I wasn't sure.))

Zeditha very quickly decided she didn't like the meat raw, so she breathed fire on it for a few seconds to cook it. The smell of roast rabbit filled the air and sent tempting scent trails towards the others.

((Well, I'm here... Still among the most active, despite poofing for a day...))

The smell of the rabbit, coupled with the fact that Irah was intrigued by the Nhiostrife, meant that Irah couldn't care less about personal hygiene. She approached the carcass and took a small bite. "You have four wings like Sky." she remarked. She kept a curious gaze on her as she continued eating, this might be a good time to start asking questions. "Where are you from?" she asked, the first of many on her mind.

((Except for one thing. Zeditha doesn't have horns {yuk, they get in the way} and she's a Nhiostrife wyvern. So, she doesn't have front legs. Or rather, she does, but they're the wings. Lol, I'm such a nazi about getting stuff right, it doesn't matter too much.))

Zeditha shivered slightly as the touch of magic fell on her. She skipped to the side, then hovered, wings fluttering in a blur. "You could ask that I come closer for inspection, rather than using magic," she squeaked slightly as she spoke. Then her wings slowed down to visible, and her voice lost its new squeak. "Anyway, what are we all doing?"

Scratch left Crusher with a nod. If he wanted to talk with Sky in private, that was not his business to know. He walked over to the others to talk with them. The new dragon, Zeditha, intrigued him most because of her sudden arrival.

Scratch was slightly startled that she mentioned his magic in such a way. It wasn't his fault he was blind, and this new dragon shouldn't act like it.

He also didn't ask for some of the rabbit; rabbits tended to be too small to share. They were better for slight hunger rather than a meal.

"I'm blind. It wouldn't do any good to have you come closer."

After Zeditha asked her question, he replied to the best of his knowledge.

"As I understand, we are trying to recover power stolen from one of Crusher's friends. I haven't been here long, so I don't know much more than you do."

Zeditha smiled, glad that there was someone to talk to. "Four wings; nhiostrife. My parents had four wings too. I'm from the forests... I survive, and then I explore. My parents flew away one day and never came back, and I manage by myself just fine. I tend not to think about it too much." She shrugged, and nibbled at the rabbit. Then, noticing Scratch saying he was blind, she skipped down off the branch and hoverd. "I'm sorry; I didn't notice..." Her wings fluttered in a blur, but she stayed hovering just below the branch.

Edited by Zeditha

"Don't be sorry. It's not as if there was anything that could be done about it."

Zeditha mentioned she had parents once who left her. Scratch never had parents. He hatched in a human village. The first person he saw tried to kill him and he was driven out; just for defending himself.

Maybe having a family was nice, but it wasn't something Scratch ever had. He still wanted to know what it was like, though.

"Were your parents nice to you?"

Zeditha shrugged. "They fed me. I don't really remember them; They left as soon as they were fairly sure I'd survive. I think it was a week after I hatched."

Irah had no recollection of her birth place and Crusher rarely spoke of it but after hearing that Zeditha and Scratch never knew their parents she felt lucky to have at least one of the two. Irah didn't care to dwell on it, the conversation had taken a sad turn so she tried to change the subject. "Where did you want to take us?" she asked Zeditha.

((I'm guessing Zeditha lives near a mountain if you want to stick to the plan.))

((Sure - I'll just say that the mountain is further into the forest, as I already said she lives in the forest.))

Zeditha gladly turned to the new question. I live in that mountain," she answered, flicking her tail towards the towering, tree-covered rock. "I have a few caves there, one is the gem cave, the others I live in. Some animals live there too, I mostly leave them alone and hunt in the forest."

<OOC: Welp, sorry for disappearing...old habits die hard, I guess.>

user posted image

Sky Shiner looked at the ground, expressionless as always. He wasn't sure if he was truly ashamed of his actions but he did know one thing: he was sorry.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly but the tone he used was not an apologetic one, even though he truly meant his words. As he mulled over the matter at hand, he found himself getting even more angrier at Evil Crusher. What right had he to rule over their lives? To play with them as though they were marionettes? They were not toys! They were dragons! Why couldn't they fight back? Why did they seem so inferior compared to him? "Simple. He stole the powers of a GoN." Sky's wings flashed briefly, fiercely. He looked at Crusher with fury in his eyes, seeming as though he was about to speak again. However, before he said anything, Sky turned away, his expression returning to normal. It wouldn't do any good to take his anger out on Crusher. It was unnecessary to ask for reassurance; he knew what was going on and there was no point in sugarcoating anything. There was no point in getting angry with what was happening. He was a mere hatchling, he wouldn't be able to help.

"Is there anything else you would like to...talk to me about?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Irah couldn't help feeling a little excited. She always thought the mountains were so beautiful, looming there on the horizon. Animals were also something that sparked her interest. "I think my friend is lost, maybe we can search for her family while we're there." she said, referring to the Solstice hatchling who hadn't spoken a word since they found her.

~~~

After what he had said Crusher could understand Sky's frustration. "No. Get some sleep, we have a full day ahead of us." he said then added "Perhaps we should seek the opportunity to stretch our wings more often."

((Can we skip to morning? I'm running out of ideas.))

((Sure - skippy skippy... We can all just sleep in the forest. There's a convenient, moss-covered clearing a minute's flight away...))

((Couldn't they just sleep in the cave? Idk...whatever works I guess.))

((The cave is a few days' flight away. So, if they want to sleep right now, they want to find somewhere closer in the forest.))

((I meant the cave they're at now. Do you want to start or should I?))

((Wait - there's a cave there? Oh dear, I didn't know. I think I'm lagging a bit on the storyline... Could someone fill me in?))