rainface

Hatchlings

<OOC: Perhaps. I've seen Melomancer online often so it shouldn't be too long to get a reply from him if you PM him. happy.gif >

(Sorry! I forgot about this! I have school, and I'm having to juggle multiple Rps, I'll get in a reply soon.)

Edit:

Quorran shrugged."No idea. If he wants to stay in there till he feels better, so be it. He'll come out eventually." He stuck his head in as far as he dared."Sky? Are you there?"

He couldn't even seem to spot his faint outline."He's... Gone.."

Edited by Melomancer

((Got a pm this might of fired back up. Just going to make it straight up clear, I simply can't RP in a RP that has weeks or regular week long breaks between posts. It needs to pick up if I'm to be able to stay in this.

Now...... what is all going on? All the past events have left my head. Again too much time between posts.))

Zeditha flew towards the edge of the forest. Sometimes there were deer in the clearing. She heard dragons moving below as she approached, so she dropped back into the trees and crept up. Clinging to a tree trunk, she watched from the shadows as a dragon ran into a hollow tree. She could hear others coming, so she bounced onto the tree Sky was in and climbed onto a branch, hidden by leaves.

((There's a recap in OOC.))

user posted image

Sky Shiner uncurled himself when he heard the tree's branches shaking. He instantly classified the source of the noise as hostile. In his current state, anything could be hostile. He just wanted to be alone. He brought nothing but trouble.

"Who-who's there?" he called out, stuttering slightly but keeping a defiant tone.

Zeditha smiled. "Keep quiet," she advised. "I think someone's looking for you." she kept her voice to a whisper. "My name is Zeditha."

user posted image

Sky Shiner relaxed immediately once he realised that it wasn't hostile...for the moment. For all he knew, it could be Evil Crusher. Or some other evil dragon. Or probably just a normal dragon. Sky considered flying up the tree to see who it was but the last time he had done that...well, that was how he had ended up in the tree trunk, wasn't it?

Wait a second. The voice was coming from the branches of a tree. Which was upward. The only way that Sky knew to get to the top branches of a tree, other than climbing, was by flying. "I guess I'm not the only one flying, then. Why didn't Evil Crusher pick on this Zeditha than me?"

"Get down!" he hissed, "You're not supposed to be up there! Evil Crusher could get you any moment!"

"Who's that?" asked Zeditha curiously. Digging her claws into the bark of the tree, she skittered down and peered into the hole. Seeing nothing for the moment, she dropped quickly into the undergrowth and hid. "And why shouldn't I be up there?"

"Gone?" Irah said with disbelief. She checked the hole again to make sure Quorran was telling the truth. The recess that Sky had squeezed into was empty and there weren't any tunnels from the looks of it. "He must have slipped by us..." she said, pulling her head out and pondering for a few seconds. "Let's go ask the others if they saw him!" she said suddenly before rushing to where the others had gathered.

Edited by Booo

user posted image

Sky Shiner sighed in relief as Zeditha went down the tree and into its hollow. He could not see her anywhere so he generated a dim ray of light from his wings, though he did so hesitantly. Spotting a Nhiostrife Wyvern hatchling, which he assumed was Zeditha, he slithered over to her.

"Believe me, it's a bad idea...I just did that earlier and...my f-friend got injured...be-because of me..." Sky said quietly, stuttering a little, his voice quivering slightly.

Zeditha unfurled her wings. "Flying has always been useful," she said. "Why would people get injured because of it? And why you, can't others fly? Also, who is this Evil Crusher?"

Quorran walked slowly and calmly to the others, not Willing to move fast and ruffle his feathers. He plucked out a single bent feather with his teeth and spat it on the ground. "Hey guys, little blue dude is gone. He's not in the hole. Have any of you seem him?"

user posted image

Sky Shiner was momentarily relieved that she had not made any comments about the light coming from his wings. However, it was short-lived when Zeditha mentioned Evil Crusher's name. He took a deep breath to calm himself down. "Get a hold of yourself. He's not here...he's not here..."

"You might want to sit down for this..." he muttered before continuing in his normal voice.

"Evil Crusher is...a nasty piece of work, to say the least. He's kind of the counterpart of my friend, Crusher, except that he's evil and is really powerful...with the powers of a Guardian of Nature, if I'm not mistaken. He shows up from time to time just to mess with us and he won't hesitate to kill any of us. He looks down on us and we're his toys, having to go by his rules; one of which being no flying in the skies." At this point, he fell silent, guilt washing over him as the memory of Crusher being assaulted by his copy flashed into his mind once more.

"Earlier, I could not resist the pull of the sky. I really love flying and I really want to get better at it, you see. So, without thinking, I let my desire get the better of me and I flew, alerting Evil Crusher of our position. Crusher defended me when he came swooping for me and got a busted shoulder instead. As for me? I hid in a hole like a coward before escaping from the group all the way to here. I don't know how you escaped from Evil Crusher's attention...I suppose I distracted him enough that he did not see you." Sky knew that he should be feeling glad that this one had gotten away from Evil Crusher's wrath but in all honesty, all he felt was how Zeditha should have been caught, not him.

<OOC: Forgive me if this post is crap.>

Zeditha sat, listening carefully. "Well," she said, "I'm not going to live by anyone's rules. Perhaps I was just too far away to be noticed? After all, it took me quite a while to reach here, even flying in a straight line. Then again, I stopped to hunt quite a few times along the way." she lay down, tail curling around her feet, wings over her like a blanket. "And I don't have any friends, so nobody else will get hurt." she hissed the last sentence at nobody in particular.

Scratch nodded. He had an idea of what Crusher wanted him to do; compressing wounds leasened the pain and made it bleed less, which would help. Crusher was losing blood and his wounds were probably not painless. But He figured it might be better to ask first.

"Do you want me to compress the wound? Is that what you mean?"

He stepped closer to Crusher, every ounce of his will bent on maintaining his resolve, since fear still coursed through his body after the dark dragon attacked. The small, battered albino had lived through many horrible things, and he was not going to be a coward now that this dragon needed him. Especially since it had saved him from a terrible future.

The wound was now starting to pump more blood out of Crusher's body. If he did not find a way to stop the bleeding, Crusher would probably end up dead. This was not the time to hesitate.

Walking right next to Crusher, Scratch pressed his paws against the two bleeding puncture wounds, doing his best to stop the flow of blood as it dyed his forelegs red.

((Most likely last post here for a bit.))

Crusher felt the hatchling do his best to put pressure on the wound and let out a tired sigh. But he had to stay away till he was stable, should he fall asleep he'd lower his own chances at surviving. And his job was far from over. Now that he was in charge of effectively a litter of hatchlings.

It took a bit but the bleeding did eventually stop with the others help. He panted a little light headed from blood loss but with the wounds scabbing over now the worst of it was over.

((Boo's offered to take good Crusher over. However Evil Crusher due to his power levels and personality if anyone wishes to take him over, need to give me a example paragraph of him in a situation with the group in the OOC))

Artemis returned with some web and herbs. "It's not much but it should do the job." she said, relieved to see that Crusher's shoulder was beginning to heal. She carefully placed the herbs on his wounds followed by the web; as she did this she thought she saw something blue run past them but she was too focused on the emergency at hand to care about much else.

Artemis had just finished sealing the last of it when she was confronted by Quorran and recalled the blue hatchling she vaguely noticed earlier. "Yes, he ran outside but I'm afraid I don't know where he went to next." she responded.

Without waiting another second Irah dashed out of their hideout and began calling "Sky!? Please come back! Please!?"

Artemis watched as Irah frantically ran outside and sighed. "Quorran, do you mind watching her?" she asked politely. "She can't be left alone, especially at this time of night."

((Wow, look at me go.))

Edited by Booo

user posted image

Sky Shiner shrugged indifferently. With the presence of only one hatchling, he felt at ease. He did not feel as shy as he usually did.

"Do what you will but you have yet to experience Evil Crusher's power. I would think you'd rather not suffer in his wretched claws, whether you have friends or not." Sky couldn't remember when he had last spoken this clearly. It felt great...sort of...to not be shy or worry about how his actions affected anyone. However, his confidence vanished the moment he heard his name being called in the distance. No. He couldn't come back. Never.

The light emanating from his wings faded almost immediately and the hollow slipped back into darkness again, though he was still visible as his bright scales contrasted against the dark shade of the night.

"...Please don't...d-don't give me away..." he whispered quietly to Zeditha, stammering slightly. His shyness and unsureness of himself returned and the confidence that his voice once held was gone. Shy Sky was back.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha curled up inside the hole, beside Sky. "What are you afraid of? If you fly away, they can't follow, can they? If they won't fly, you can live in the sky."

Artemis returned with some web and herbs. "It's not much but it should do the job." she said, relieved to see that Crusher's shoulder was beginning to heal. She carefully placed the herbs on his wounds followed by the web; as she did this she thought she saw something blue run past them but she was too focused on the emergency at hand to care about much else.

Artemis had just finished sealing the last of it when she was confronted by Quorran and recalled the blue hatchling she vaguely noticed earlier. "Yes, he ran outside but I'm afraid I don't know where he went to next." she responded.

Without waiting another second Irah dashed out of their hideout and began calling "Sky!? Please come back! Please!?"

Artemis watched as Irah frantically ran outside and sighed. "Quorran, do you mind watching her?" she asked politely. "She can't be left alone, especially at this time of night."

((Wow, look at me go.))

(I am ashamed to post such a horrible shadow of a post. But for now it is all I have to post.)

Scratch watched as Artemis returned with various herbs and applied them to the Crusher's wounds. The bleeding had mostly subsided by this time, and it even seemed to heal itself before his very eyes. Crusher should consider himself lucky to be alive; that dragon could have killed him.

The open wound and smell of blood thick in the air reminded him of the many long months he had spent under the green woods and shining stars of the world, toiling for scraps so he could live on another day. It reminded him of the day he twisted his leg irreparably. But never had he been injured to this degree.

Irah was completely frantic, and the hatchlings had scattered after the dragon attack. His thoughts first went to whether or not he should go see what was wrong. But he found himself instead asking about what had just happened.

Crusher was in no fit state to answer questions, so he asked Artemis instead, hoping she was not too busy to answer his questions.

"Artemis, who was that dragon? Why did it attack us? What is going on?"

"But I don't want to get myself dirty.." He grumbled. "Alright, I'll do it." He flapped off after her. "Hey! Wait!"

Quorran caught up to her and called out to her. "Come back! It's not safe! We should go look for him together, or in the morning. Evil crusher may still be around."

Artemis wiped off some blood that had stuck to her tail before replying to Scratch. "He goes by "Evil" Crusher. He wields immense power which he stole from a friend of ours and now we're on a quest to find a way of retrieving it." she said heatedly, checking herself over in case there was more blood before continuing. "As long as he's in control he'll treat us like we're his playthings."

Irah caught a glimpse of light that flashed from a nearby tree and ran toward it. She stopped when she heard Quorran calling her. "I think I saw something climb into that tree there." she called back, pointing at Sky and Zeditha's tree.

<OOC: Umm...oops?>

user posted image

Sky Shiner shook his head frantically.

"Don't you get it? Flying now is l-like...like asking for a death sentence! Evil Crusher won't hesitate to kill! If he catches me again...look, I just want to get the thing w-we're looking for and defeat him! It's the only reason why I'm even tagging along with those other dr-dragons! I d-don't wanna die, okay?" Sky's voice had risen without him realising it but once he did, he clamped his jaw shut. Oh no no no, now the others would find him and then they were probably going to yell or hit him or something or even worse, they might not let him come along with them anymore. He was actually fine with that but with Evil Crusher still around, it wasn't a good idea to be hanging around alone...

Edited by Dream_Dragon