rainface

Hatchlings

She shivers slightly, as she glances at the deep gash. She then returns her gaze to stare at Evil Crusher as she thinks rapidly of a deal she could make with this dragon. "Um," she murmured, thoughts going a mile a minute. "I-I could do a favor, of some sort, of your choosing..." She hesitates slightly. "As long as it won't hurt my friends." She hoped that this one condition would make Evil Crusher angry, but she figured she'd have to state it so she wouldn't end up regretting her decision to make a deal with him.

Evil Crusher smiled in a not so good way at all for her "Anything you say? YOur begging for your life more like it." he said before getting a mock thinking look "As long as IT does not harm her friends. Very well, You will bring your friends to me when I command." he said with a smile "If you fail to comply it won't harm them, it will post you a limb, until there is nothing left to detach." he said pressing his claws into her neck just enough to pierce the scales "Unless you got a more entertaining or beneficial deal." he said clearly enjoying this.

((sharlykng? I think me you and Boo are the only ones in the group now, everyone else left.))

Stoneza shook his head "We don't know where the wind carried the scent he detected went." he explained "We should wait here till.... he already is here." he said looking to see Crusher carrying a freshly hatched hatchling. "Looks like you got a younger sibling." Stoneza commented smiling.

((Gonna be pretty quiet till Zeke returns.))

The hatchling calmed down somewhat but she was still shaking, partially because of how cold it was outside. Hopefully Crusher would introduce her to a warm place to sleep for the night and maybe even some food. Perhaps the rest of her family was waiting for her, wherever they were...

Soon they came across a cave and the first to speak was a dragon encrusted in stone. She gazed up at Crusher to see how he would respond.

She narrowed her eyes at Evil Crusher, evidently hating the deal already. Her mind raced to think of a better deal for him, so she wouldn't have to drag her other friends into this. Besides, she didn't even know where they were right now, nonetheless if they were even alive. She sighed and glared at the ground, thinking. Maybe it was better if she just let herself be killed by Evil Crusher, so her friends don't pay for it. But then again, he'd get to them anyway, whether she was alive or not. "Er- what if I think of a better deal, instead?" she murmured, mainly to stall so she can have more time to think.

((Waiting on sharlykng before I post with Crusher and Stoneza))

Evil Crusher smiled back at her narrowing her eye's finding this fun. When she asked if she thought of a better deal instead he showed his teeth before snapping at her nose only a hairs breath from biting her snout "What if? Your delaying your suffering, lucky for you I'm enjoying this, but if you do not come up with something I find is better, I shall force my enjoyment from you." he said with a grin "I assure you, the pain will only be a lot."

((Oh. Huh.))

Artemis shifted to the side to peek at what Stoneza was looking at. The magi came back with another hatchling, which sparked her curiosity. "Ooh! There's so many hatchlings in this area, I never knew that!" she blurted, abandoning her post and going towards the newcomer since the danger was not here for now. She glanced at Crusher first; he didn't seem really unhappy about her being too close. She had heard of some dragons being really protective of the young hatchlings they found. "Hi! I'm Artemis!" She held out a claw to shake with the hatchling.

((? Was just making sure you where not left in the dust.....))

Crusher looked at the hatchling and smiled a little "He's safe, his name is Stoneza." he said softly till he heard the other hatchling come out from behind the stone dragon and bounce around "Whoa slow down Artemis, she was just hatching when I found her." he said not wanting the little one to get freaked this early again. She already had been from his counter parts. "Seems her parents where killed, signs of a fight where all over the place." he sent to Stoneza and Artemis

((No, I meant the group thing. I find it quite hilarious that out of close to 8+ dragons only 3 made it out of the caves xd.png))

Artemis jumped backwards at Crusher's voice. "Okay okay," she mumbled, attempting to soothe her ruffled fur. She backtracked and sat a further a way.

user posted image

Xeryo

Xeryo glanced behind to note that yes, she was following him, so he continued on in silence. No words were needed yet.

Until after a bit of silent traveling when he halted at a faint scent and crouched down to creep closer towards the source. And... it was. A herd of around 6 deer huddled together to sleep. Xeryo looked over at his 'partner'; "See them," he pointed out with his tail, a bit unnecessarily, but it was mostly rhetorical. If it wasn't... whatever. He crept closer to the other hatchling to lean his head in and whisper, which was to rumble from the back of his throat, "First we pick a deer to go after, preferably one that doesn't look strong. Then we wake the herd; A horrible noise, and they will run. They probably won't scatter, so we have to isolate the one we've chosen. Somehow." Xeryo pulled his head back and slowly blinked to ask, "Any ideas on how to get that deer alone?" Of course, that was a rough translation. Body language tended to be less precise.

Ren's heart was pounding against her rib cage. She honestly had no idea what she had to offer Evil Crusher. Its not as if she had anything too special that Evil Crusher would want. Her power- the ability to create black spheres of energy- was powerful, but destructive and took a lot of energy. She didn't want to help Evil Crusher destroy more, anyway. She hoped he didn't know how easily she could destroy, but she figured he didn't know, seeing as she hadn't used her powers in a very long time. "I uhhh... could be a messenger for you?" she asked, hoping he wouldn't reject a simple thing.

Evil Crusher grinned again "A messenger? What would I need a messenger for?" he asked smiling "Not exactly like I need to summon a army or something." he said before he suddenly released her completely "No matter, I'm almost done with you, you've been entertaining, I hear your heart beat, the fear in the eye's, the blood coming out of your wound." he said before slashing at her side. Aiming to rake her rib cage doing lots of damage to the scales there. Afterwards he turned around "I'll let you live for now, if you make it home that is, if your still alive you can think on that deal you wish to make." he said before cloaking. After that he really did leave this time.

Her eyes flashed with anger and pain as he left. She let out a shuddering sigh. At least he didn't kill her. She then sat down carefully and took a good look at her new wounds. Blood was dripping down her scales, her wounds stinging. Luckily they were starting to go numb, but that wasn't exactly a good thing. She decided that despite her pain, she'd have to go look for herbs to help keep the wounds from getting infected. She stood up slowly and began walking along to see if she could find any helpful herbs.

The hatchling's eyes widened when she was suddenly approached by Artemis. She was a little startled at first having not noticed the Shimmer-scale when they arrived but Crusher assured her that Stoneza and Artemis were not a threat. Instead they welcomed her and she decided she wanted to explore a bit. She began to squirm in Crusher's paws, signaling that she wanted to be put down.

Crusher smiled and set the hatchling back on her feet on the ground when she had began to squirm. He then went back to all 4's as dragons where not met to be walking on there hind legs.

Stoneza looked at the new little one and rested his head on the ground to not look intimidating "Hello there little one. I'm Stoneza." he said smiling.

((Brain fart))

<OOC: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for my disappearance. sad.gif Is it okay if I drop Sour Sparkle and Glower Gloo, though? And have a recap too?>

((The dragons in Crusher's group made it out of the cave and found a new hatchling. I'm not sure what's going on with the others, maybe LLD can give you more detail.))

((Bump?))

The hatchling sniffed the ground before walking over to the Stone dragon. "Stoneza!" she repeated, looking into his bright red eyes. Her attention was then quickly drawn to another moth that made the mistake of hovering too close. She chased and swatted at it like before except this time she managed to swat it out of the air, braking it's wing. She looked down at the injured moth and started crying.

<OOC: Bleh, I'll just go along with it.>

user posted image

Sky, still sulky, thought he heard the sound of crying and peeked out from behind Stoneza. There was another hatchling. It seemed to be as young as him. He tilted his head a bit. Should he go over to it?

<OOC: What species is the hatchling?>

((Not much has happened Dream, they surfaced and Crusher found another hatchling.....))

Stoneza looked at the hatchling and smiled nodding as she said his name "That's me." he said cheerfully before watching her injure a moth and start crying over it. He looked at Crusher not sure how to help with this.

The magic came over to the hatchling to confert her though did not have healing powers learned yet. He looked at the moth and got an idea though "We could help it live, we need to find some flowers." he said taking his paws and guiding the moth onto his paws "Then we can place it there and it will have a chance to recover." he explained "You'll just have to watch your strength. We all have to." he said

((Sorry, who comforted her? Don't quite understand that part.

Dream: She's a red Copper.))

user posted image

Sky slithered a bit nearer to the hatchling. Upon realising what she was crying over about, he scoffed.

"It's just a moth," he said bluntly.

((Crusher did, the magi))

Crusher looked at Sky still wondering what got into him since his close encounter with his counter part. The hatchling had gone from a shy one to this very unthoughtful snappy one. "Not to her Sky." he said not explaining that with all the death happening he wasn't in the mood to let something as small as the moth die either.

<OOC: Sky isn't that sulky anymore, he just acts awkward around others and says/do the wrong things unintentionally sometimes. He'll be shy again very soon. Like, right now. biggrin.gif >

user posted image

Sky thought for a moment. What he'd said...he hadn't meant for it to come out that way. But what else was he supposed to say? Lie through his teeth and sugarcoat the whole thing? Confused, he shrank back.

"S-sorry, I didn't...I didn't m-mean what I said..." He backed away and curled up behind Stoneza. He was so confused. Had he hurt the other hatchling's feelings? Should he go and apologise? Wait...but he already had. Argh...

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Crusher looked at Sky confused as well. What the heck was going on now? first he was shy and unsure, then snappy and blunt now... shy and unsure all over again. In less then a day as well. "Sky..... would you mind I had a word with you after this? Your not in trouble." he said concerned.

Artemis looked back and forth between the two. She definitely did not want to interfere. She inched closer to the hatchling. "Soooo... What's your name? I didn't catch it," she apologised, trying to distract her from the moth; she healed injuries, not lives. If the little moth broke a wing however... Tiny things meant less energy meant healing more severe stuff was alright. It was all about balance.