TJ09

2024-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

3 minutes ago, meeps114 said:

Are you able to zoom in? The head is right at where the 3 plumes start. It's a lighter pink/peach

I see the area you're talking about, but even with zooming a few times, I can't make it out.  At least I know where it is, though!

I wish we'd gotten some proper training at this shack before we were thrown into the deep end; it took a lot of trial and error before I finally found the vibe and Way of the Barista.

Best score I've gotten all evening:

image.png.d4d57f6b6ec122b2a61e587da9ef189b.png

It involved a few fruit juices and plain cups of water and I haven't been able to score as high since. Apparently my Iced Green Tea with Milk is just too good - seemingly the whole town has been asking for them lately. 

I want to try the Desert Melon juice for real.

How do you make iced green tea on this thing? I try to add the ice after I get the tea on the cup but it does nothing!

Edit: apparently it was a bug, I refreshed the page, tried the same order again and it worked 😭

Edited by Axl-fox

Now that I've played it a bit more, I gotta say I really enjoy the minigame for this year.

Also at a glance, I thought those hatchies were shrimp 😂Loving the plumes, though! Can't wait to see the adults - personally very happy that it's not looking overwhelmingly pink so far. 

Best score I've got on the mini game is 310.  I guess it can be a little quicker if most of the customers only want a glass of water, but most of the things take rather longer to make because you can only go as fast as the drop downs work on your appliance.  Then you have to click twice on the pop up saying "here's your . . ." and "thanks".  Then "next customer".  It's really very tedious ;).

It took me a long time to work out the water when I first started.  Must have been 15 minutes before I realised that water had to come from the sink which is apparently considered an appliance ;)

My advice to everyone who is struggling is to consider what container is needed for each thing and make sure that you add them to the queue next to each other. 

Spoiler

Eg for any hot tea or coffee, you need the pot, the sink and the stove.  Then you need to ensure that the tea pot and the choice of tea are next to each other (or the coffee maker and ground coffee).  Then you'll need the mug before you select the extras - milk, honey or ice.  It doesn't seem to matter if you choose the 3 items for the hot water before or after the teapot and tea or coffee and coffee maker.  If you're making cocoa, you need milk in the pot on the stove.  The cocoa gets added to the cup just like the honey or ice.

Hope that helps.

Now I need to go study those s2 hatchlings to see if I can spot the heads . . .

EDIT:  Well I can see what I think must be the head, but it's always really hard to spot on these tiny images.  I've zoomed right in and assume it's all of the lighter pink/peach area, angled to look towards the plumes and with a long crocodilian snout.  Love the colours and really looking forward to seeing the adults.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Guys, make sure you keep an eye on your newest Valentine's Day eggs, keep your scrolls hidden or hide them for at least 24 hours after catching them! Viewbombers are on the loose and I've seen tons of new release eggs in the Valley Sherwood hatchery! Some have already gotten sick so check your eggs before you decide you're done playing for today.

24 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

So if honey green tea is not green tea with honey then what it is? :blink:

It should be exactly that:

Spoiler

sink + pot + stove, green tea + teapot, cup, then honey (in that order)

If it's not working for you like that then you have to refresh again, it seems like it might be bugging out for you

11 minutes ago, Survlio said:

It should be exactly that:

Hide contents

sink + pot + stove, green tea + teapot, cup, then honey (in that order)

If it's not working for you like that then you have to refresh again, it seems like it might be bugging out for you

It really is bugging a lot for me, I tried doing exactly that and it told me "green tea w/ honey is not what they asked for" 😂

The fan tails on the new release kind of remind me of beta fish.

How do you end the game? Nevermind.

Nailed it. A whole 170 points.

Edited by PrincessLucy

1 hour ago, Murkydepths said:

Chicken at my cafe

image.png?ex=65dfb73c&is=65cd423c&hm=b6a3caec9cf911f0bc0e3791f84a9efcd5a51e26881c423c4eb8ee14f58f96a9&=

She wanted black milk tea

XD

I've only successfully served one mint dragon.

2 hours ago, Twyro said:

Guys, make sure you keep an eye on your newest Valentine's Day eggs, keep your scrolls hidden or hide them for at least 24 hours after catching them! Viewbombers are on the loose and I've seen tons of new release eggs in the Valley Sherwood hatchery! Some have already gotten sick so check your eggs before you decide you're done playing for today.

Not all of those will be viewbombers, though--lots of people dump their eggs immediately into a hatchsite.  Extra dangerous during holidays, but there are frequently people who are confused as to why their new eggs are sick or dead because they didn't realize how much extra traffic the sites get during holidays (and new releases as well).

Now that I'm glitch free, this is my best time! And this was with having mostly orders that were tea with extras

image.thumb.png.1eea738ea7bfe8df8ab3e01a0251e5f9.png

11 hours ago, Bambi said:

Tysm for this! It really helped me get into the swing of things.

Congratulations to Spatio and Birdz on what looks like it'll be a wonderful release, and thank you to all artists involved for the cute and dainty event!

9 hours ago, Quinney said:

@requiesticat Thank you so much for the instructions!

8 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

These helped me so much, I wasn't getting anywhere without them. Thank you both!

Cute new Valentine's hatchlings, can't wait to see the adults! Now I'm just impatiently waiting for my current eggs to hatch so I can grab some of my own.

You're welcome. Glad my guide helped. Something else that helped me is to try out one part of the order first (ex: berry + pot). If it doesn't yield results, that's what's causing it to not work. The combo suggested here was successful for iced milk tea as well:

11 hours ago, Meruru said:

If I remember correctly, in order to make iced milk tea, you have to do it in this order.

black tea/green tea + teapot + pot + sink + stove + cup + milk + ice

hope it helps ^^

Note to self: if a recipe calls for ice, always put it last...

Edit: Also of note, you can prep the hot water first or the main component of the drink first, then water, and the drink will still work .

Edited by Shokomon

23 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Note to self: if a recipe calls for ice, always put it last...

Edit: Also of note, you can prep the hot water first or the main component of the drink first, then water, and the drink will still work .

I made three drinks wrong before I learned this. Clearly I do not drink iced drinks enough. XD 

I enjoyed my first day of being a barista. Figuring out the order of ingredients was fun. I'll be doing it again tomorrow. :) 

Are all of the customers visiting from our own scrolls?

1 hour ago, Nerei said:

Are all of the customers visiting from our own scrolls?

Never thought of that... 

I haven't served any dragon that I didn't have from my own scroll... If they are visiting from our own scrolls, that is so cool!