TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

I'm overwhelmed so I'm just gonna sit back and let you guys untangle this 😌

these eggs are downright gorgeous though, I love the blue, teal and yellow petal ones 💜

Would be lovely to see the eggs hatch with their petals peeling away one by one kinda like paper eggs.

Can’t wait to see them hatch 🥚🥚🥚

Holy- they go so fast! With a steady 50+ people sitting in Alpine for every drop!

Godspeed brave soldiers, I'll be getting my blues from Coast 🫡

So, the eggs are not rotated by the hour since the same eggs are still showing in the same biomes it seems.  Can rule that out.

6 hours ago, Wends said:

Seems that Alpine/Coast drop the same eggs. Same with Forest/Jungle and Desert/Volcano. Suspecting right now that the color of the egg has to do with the element of the biome and/or parents through breeding. Like breeding a 'light' or 'dark' mana-aligned dragon to one of these petal dragons would result in the light and dark eggs at the end of the string of eggs in the OP. Just a thought.

And some of those eggs seem to be hybrids of the primary 3? Just a thought. Will have to test with breeding.

Perhaps the red-green (desert/volcano) x blue-purple (coast/alpine), red-green (desert/volcano) x green-brown (forest/jungle), and blue-purple (coast/alpine) x green-brown  (forest/jungle) would account for three of the variants?

Edited by Maia NaViolith

I now have at least two of all three. At least it didn't take too long, less than an hour.

I can't wait to find out how to get the rest.

Yeah, I have at least one of each now, but how to get those other...6!?

I have all my slots filled for now, too, so I am out of the hunt for now.

Will probably have to wait to see what others discover.

Guys... Leave the coast for a bit. Give a Link a chance. lol

got my six in ~30 minutes! so excited to hear about the rest of the colors - im betting it’s a breeding mechanic.

Woo I got one! I don't have space for any more than that but I'm excited to see the hatchlings and adults. The egg alone looks fantastic, thanks for the new dragon TJ & artist/s!

I've been trying to grab one for the last hour and even tho is hourly drop, I couldn't get a single egg! This is infuriating really 🙄🙄

Edited by shrineghost

55 minutes ago, nairnine said:

I feel like we might need another line of eggs underneath the existing ones in the biomes, so that there are 6 eggs for each biome or something like that, since we have sooooo many different breeds now 😮 

It's even getting hard to hunt for specific common breeds!

You might be interested in giving this topic a look!  A new row was one discussed possibility, though also discussed are some of the pitfalls of the idea.  There's a lot of various suggestions thrown around in there, might be worth a look for you!

It sorts between Astaarus and Astralophyne, so name must start from "Ast...". Mayby something related to Aster? 

Edited by Erra

Wow, I am happy that I remembered to check the Cave this weekend, so I can check out the new release.  Pretty eggs.

oh yeah, description of egg :   Delicate petals envelop this egg.

Edited by Cthulhu

Yay for the new release! Wow, 9 variants! Three dropping from 6 biomes in total? I can see a few possible options:
Time of day (change at lunch/midnight, change upon every 8 hours?)

Breeding (someone else above made a few suggestions for that)
Moon phases? (but there are more phases....)

I caught my first two :) (forgot I already had one from the jungle, so now I have two from the jungle :D )

I like the petal pattern on the eggs :)
🤔 Two rows of nine eggs... So we don't have dimorphism, if I'm correct.

Edited by Sheriziya

1 hour ago, Eiren said:

Would be lovely to see the eggs hatch with their petals peeling away one by one kinda like paper eggs.

Can’t wait to see them hatch 🥚🥚🥚

Oh. I really love that idea.

I've got in this flood 4 for now but it's still hard to catch now, so what will happen later? I hope that other versions are hybrids so I will have much higher chance to get them.

Edited by Kaini