purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

Aww, wish I'd spotted this project last week. Looks fun.  I'll check to see if I happen to have caught something suitable on 30 May.  Or maybe just wait until next year . . .

Edit: I have 3 of the birthday releases caught on 30 May. Is it too late to join using one of them?

Edit 2: Will play along anyway. Even if too late, it will be good practice. Typing on mobile at the moment.  Will fill out form on laptop within the hour. Going with Marocephalic and Purple spiral plan . . .

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): My Scroll
Forum Name: LadyMadonna
Today's Date: 5 June 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) I heard her in the dead of night

Challenge Group Link (required): LadyM's Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Spiral of Purple from Marocephalic.

Edited by LadyMadonna

3 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Edit: I have 3 of the birthday releases caught on 30 May. Is it too late to join using one of them?

Nope! Not too late.

Even if you didn't have a dragon caught on the 30th, any dragon caught after that would do, too, although it would put you a bit behind the rest of us.

Welcome! I will get you added to the list when I get back from my morning errands.

In case I forget, this is a reminder to myself that I influenced the egg female. I plan to make a stairstep and catch some additional CB male Magis for the lineage.

Good luck, everyone! I always enjoy seeing the various creative lineages everyone comes up with. :) 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): the egg

What Gen are you on now?: 2nd

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof: Oeuf

What Gen are you on now?: 3rd Gen

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/yu8Mc

What Gen are you on now?: 3rd

Disappointingly, this one sorts blue also.

Since I have no idea of the relative rarity of the two colors I am not sure where to go from here. If I thought blues were enough more common I might go with male and try for a stair. If I want a spiral it needs to be female.

:unsure:

I guess I am just opting for a spiral regardless of color and continuing to breed each one with the opposite color.

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):  future Delphini

What Gen are you on now?: 3 :)

Edited by trystan

I will post standings later today, but they will be as of midnight (end of Thursday), which will really only reflect the time of first breedings. All following updates will be done on the same time schedule with the final standings posted on September 8, including everything up to midnight, end of September 7, when the challenge ends.

Edited by purplehaze

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Egglette

What Gen are you on now?: 3rd gen

Standings have been posted.

Remember ranking is done by the time your egg is posted, not by when it was bred.

Nothing too surprising yet, since everyone only had time for one breeding so far.

Those who had a failed breeding or did not post an update are not included but will be added to the next update after they post a successful breeding.

Well that's blown it! 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): You were meant to be Purple!   

What Gen are you on now?: 3rd gen

Now what do I do . . . ?

a) Lose a week and try again (already a day behind anyway).

b) Inflence it female. Influence Market-bought (because, of course, there are none to be found in the biomes 😢) Purple male and hope for Purple female next time to mate with a male Marocephalic. Then alternate.

c) Influence it male. Make Purple Market into female.  Again, pray for Purple progeny and alternate that way.

d) Give up and concentrate instead on a lyrical lineage (which it was going to be anyway).

Answers/suggestions on a postcard!

Any CB Purples will be offered a loving home.

Edited by LadyMadonna

No - keep going. I shall just carry on whichever breed I get and just think about the shape. Just influence female and breed with a purple.