purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

55 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

Now what do I do . . . ?

Dragons do have a way of changing our plans, don't they?

I would say it depends on what is most important to you.

If winning, or at least keeping up, is important, then keep forging ahead with whatever you get.

If the integrity of the lineage is more important, then accept that you will fall behind and just do the thing that you intended.

I picked a lineage last year that was not destined to be a winner, but it was important to me to build the lineage that I intended, so I lost quite a bit of ground waiting for the right dragon. Do what you will enjoy!

Thanks, @Fuzzbucket and @purplehaze.  Foolishly (I now realise) it hadn't dawned on me that the NR egg would be produced as easily/often as Purple.  My original thoughts had been that it was a pretty pairing, that the NR would be easy to pick up and that it would boost my supply of Purples for future Fertility needs (not that I was drastically short anyway).  I can do either b or c of my choices, but I now see that all future generations will be very hit and miss.  In the past, I have often seen Purples left untaken in the biomes but, with the birthday releases still clogging things, catching more Purples is looking like quite a tall order.  I'd really rather not have to inbreed . . . 

No matter, I think, at least for now) I will do b (as @Fuzzbucket suggests) and see what that does.  I may (assuming nothing in the rules precludes it?) also try re-breeding next week.  

10 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

I may (assuming nothing in the rules precludes it?) also try re-breeding next week.  

Actually I am a bit disappointed with the results of my breeding this week and am planning on running a parallel lineage to hopefully get what I really wanted.

Only one lineage can be reported as your "official" entry, though.

Aw, I'm sorry some lines aren't cooperating :c 

I think it was a really good idea @LadyMadonna, I didn't feel like I needed more purples until I started this so I think you were on the right track for a great project purpose! The two look really pretty together too ❤️

@purplehaze I am finding my Flare-tails for a different project are giving me a headache too. I hope yours cooperate for a nice parallel lineage, I didn't realize how hard it would be to get the color I wanted and now I'm seeing it is a struggle for everyone x.x;

@Lagie the color combo in the 'either' line looks really cool! It being a little uneven actually adds more visual interest, which I was not expecting. I tend to be extremely picky, but maybe that's a good sign that I should try and experiment more :o

14 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): You were meant to be Purple!   

What Gen are you on now?: 3rd gen

Now what do I do . . . ?

You can do what you want, and all of your options would work. I personally like the idea of influencing it female and turning it into a spiral. :) 

8 hours ago, ravensunset said:

love everyone's lineages! They're gorgeous 

I got the wrong breed, going to put it up for grabs and try again next week

That would make a very pretty spiral if it was influenced female! It would kind of mimic Royal Magic Sphere and Gorgon Sphere. Although I know what it''s like to have a certain lineage in mind! 

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

The first year, I went with whatever breed came out.

Last year, I rebred as needed to always have the breed I wanted.

Both turned out well. ;)

Lagie, I like both of those! Like you, I rebred last year as needed on my lineage. This year I decided to go with something easy!

39 minutes ago, missy_ said:

That would make a very pretty spiral if it was influenced female! It would kind of mimic Royal Magic Sphere and Gorgon Sphere. Although I know what it''s like to have a certain lineage in mind! 

That's true, that would look nice !! I did have a specific goal that I think I'll stick to, especially since I did the 'go with whichever breed happens' last year, but I'll keep that in mind!

Thanks for encouragement everyone. After stalking the biomes on and off for most of the day, I finally managed to catch another Purple late last night. Just as an aside, I saw lots of Whites being ignored - something I've not noticed previously. 

Then, a few moments ago, illumination dawned whilst viewing all the other pretty lines posting 3rd gen success. I thought all dragons, apart from the partner in the first generation, had to be stolen on 30 May or later. D'oh! Could have saved my time and shards, since I already had 14 CB Purples. Oh well, mark it down to experience and carry on regardless.

So, back to gathering a few more Marocephalic eggs on the assumption that at least some babies will be Purple.

As others have said, there are some very attractive lines in the making and I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress.

If anyone needs help looking for the eggs they need, please feel free to message me.

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

This year I decided to go with something easy!

Me, too!

2 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

thought all dragons, apart from the partner in the first generation, had to be stolen on 30 May or later

I think that's a personal challenge some of us set. XD It's definitely not a requirement.

2 hours ago, Lucy202101 said:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/618Iy

What Gen are you on now?: 2G

YAAAY!! Oh, I'm so pleased with this!! My plan continues unhindered, hehehe!

Thats such a beautiful pairing!! Your lineage is going to be so pretty!! ^^

11 minutes ago, eurypterids said:

Thats such a beautiful pairing!! Your lineage is going to be so pretty!! ^^

Thank you!! I think your lineage is lovely, as well: I think that the daydream and olive poses contrast each other beautifully, it's such a wonderful choice!! 😄

2 hours ago, Gwathgor said:

Whew, bit late, but thankfully this time I got the right breed.

Yay! :)

@BringsTheSnow what a pretty lineage! Those colors and dragon shapes look great together. And you got a good code, too! It reads like "pickaxe." :lol:

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

SHRIEK.. I had a trade up with hatchies I should have dumped before I bred...

If anyone sees my 4th gen in the AP.... Son of this lady: https://dragcave.net/view/6BmpJ

Oh, no! Have your egg bookmarked and will try to keep an eye out for it, if I am around when it surfaces.

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

@BringsTheSnow what a pretty lineage! Those colors and dragon shapes look great together. And you got a good code, too! It reads like "pickaxe." :lol:

Thanks! I am very happy with how it is going. My runner-up lineage plan used Glystere in place of the male Iridichi since I like their shapes together too but I decided that two breeds looked better than three in one lineage.

I noticed the code too! Tentative name for this kiddo is "Interstellar Pickaxe" XD

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

SHRIEK.. I had a trade up with hatchies I should have dumped before I bred...

If anyone sees my 4th gen in the AP.... Son of this lady: https://dragcave.net/view/6BmpJ

Ah! Oh dear! I will also keep an eye out and try to be around when it hits. I hope you get him back!