purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

Thank you for the ping <3

I will not be joining the breeding challenge, but I will be looking at all the beautiful lineages made.

Life has been absolutely chaotic and is why I've been pretty absent, been trying to get a few moments to myself.

Might breed up a prize egg though. 

Pretty sure I can find a 2g prizekin for you all <3

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): My scroll
Forum Name: purplehaze
Today's Date: May 13, 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): Starter

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Not sure. I love the new Occulri pygmies and might do a spiral with them, but I think the Sonatas would make an interesting spiral, too. May depend on what I can catch on the start date. Changed the plan entirely. Decided to go with the newer Flare-tail pygmies. I will start with a red/blue pair. Whichever color I get I will breed with a CB of the other color and build a spiral.

As always, I am playing along because it is fun, but I disqualify myself from the top prizes no matter where I end up finishing in the standings.

Edited by purplehaze

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/gayrurumon
Forum Name: gayrurumon
Today's Date: 16th of May, 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : Olag Redstone

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/233687

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Some kind of spiral, with the specifics still TBD. I have some ideas already, but I'm probably going to gamble on what I can catch on the day and figure out the rest from there. So I forgot all about this and all my plans on the day x_x Based on what I caught the day after, I will be doing a spiral with Silvershade, Stellarum, and Hunter dragons.

Edited by gayrurumon

I've got a question regarding the forms - if I decide to change the lineage plan, can I just edit my signup form, or am I supposed to make some sort of a new post?

1 hour ago, Gwathgor said:

I've got a question regarding the forms - if I decide to change the lineage plan, can I just edit my signup form, or am I supposed to make some sort of a new post?

You can just edit your signup form, but I'd appreciate it if you also make a new post in the thread to say that you have changed your plan. :)

Thank you for the ping missy.

I hadn't planned on joining since I'm still working on struggling with my challenge from last year; I had no idea the ratio between wisterias and cloudplumes were so skewed ;;

But I did want to breed an Astaarus lineage so I thought why not make it part of the challenge since these always help to motivate and remind me to breed. I swear I can never breed anything without official projects.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional):
Forum Name: Mochi
Today's Date: 24 May 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : To be caught

Challenge Group Link (required): Here

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Most likely an Astaarus spiral

Honestly a sonata and astaarus lineage would be lovely but there's absolutely no way I'm doing that. I think I've made myself suffer enough already. Probably best to leave that as a side project

Thanks purplehaze for continuing to run these!

Edited by Mochi

I may not have space to pick up any eggs Tuesday. :( I didn't count on the Birthday release tying things up so long -- although I should have!

I'll just have to be sure to save at least one spot!!

Edited by purplehaze

i have it on my calendar, so i can see when things are.  sometimes that helps me visualise things.  and i put dates eggs are expected to hatch on my spreadsheet.  it also helps :D

Never tried such challenges. Why not start now? 😆 

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): My scroll
Forum Name: Uta_Redhead
Today's Date: May 25, 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) Laughing Fireless

Challenge Group Link (required): 100 Days Breeding Challenge 2023

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Pyropellis+Gemshard rainbow spiral

Edited by Uta_Redhead

45 minutes ago, Uta_Redhead said:

Never tried such challenges. Why not start now? 😆 

Welcome! :)

They're fun and people are generally happy to help.

@purplehaze, I may switch my pygmy spiral to a hooded murkling one. I thought I'd see which one I was able to catch on Tuesday! ;)

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Welcome! :)

They're fun and people are generally happy to help.

Thank you! 💚 

Fun is all I'm interested in actually. Not looking for help usually, just want to participate and offer something nice as a prize when the challenge ends. Not sure what exactly though. Will a Neglected dragon with unique lineage (made specifically for neglecting the final offspring) be a good option?..

I updated my lineage plans! I am still torn between two ideas but they are very similar.

Looking forward to Tuesday!!!

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): scroll
Forum Name: Dizzywing
Today's Date: may 25 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : Starknol

Challenge Group Link (required): group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): sunsong + aqualis spiral

Edited by Dizzywing
changed starter's name

Thanks for doing this, purplehaze! :)

Wow, I can't believe it's almost the 30th! 

Got everyone added to the participants list. Excited to see some new players as well as returning ones. :)

Get ready! Get set! ...

I just recently started playing again, and I'm hoping a new project will help me stick around longer. I've missed so many releases that I can't say what would even be easy or difficult to do, but it also means that so many breeds are new and exciting to me now. My first thought was to try to do something with a hybrid, but I'm not familiar enough with drop rates to know what I can pick that would be easy to grab from the cave... and the new release certainly hasn't helped at all. I've always been fond of water breeds, and I've seen enough of these little pygmy eggs in the cave to believe I can grab them easily, so I think I'm going to do a Painted Ray Pygmy spiral. Ummmm.... yeah. >.> Sorry for the long, rambling nonsense. Looking forward to participating with everyone!

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/BlueCanary1
Forum Name: BlueCanary1
Today's Date: 5/26/23

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : https://dragcave.net/view/0a4n5

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/234656-100-day-challenge-prps (I don't currently own any painted ray pygmies, so I just have a place holder freezie in there, as it wouldn't let me create an empty group)

Goal (Plan for your lineage): PB Painted Ray Pygmy spiral

Edited by BlueCanary1
Add requested information to form.

1 hour ago, BlueCanary1 said:

(I don't currently own any painted ray pygmies, so I just have a place holder freezie in there, as it wouldn't let me create an empty group)

That's fine. But while it won't let you create an empty group, it will allow you to empty the group after it is created. :wacko: How crazy is that?

I've added you to the list.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Lucy202101
Forum Name: Lucy202101
Today's Date: 29/05/2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : Starter

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Lunar herald/Astralophyne spiral!!

Really rough idea of the lineage, obviously the lunar herald progression will be different!

Here

This is my first time participating in a challenge, so I'm very excited - I hope it's okay that I signed up at the last minute!!

Edited by Lucy202101

34 minutes ago, Lucy202101 said:

I hope it's okay that I signed up at the last minute!!

No problem at all!

Welcome to you and to @darkladyselenity. I will get you both added to the list of participants when I have a bit more time later today.