purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, that is even scarier than what I am doing. Good luck! Make sure you have enough Purples for fertility at all times. Less likely to refuse outright, but still the possibility of no eggs/no interest.

Oooh, good call! Thank you! I always forget about fertility, but luckily it looks like past me did an OK job at collecting purples. 

On 5/4/2023 at 8:27 AM, zippuzzle said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): scroll
Forum Name: zippuzzle
Today's Date:
May 4th

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : not yet

Challenge Group Link (required): Group link

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Wisteria stairs ^^ I've had an idea to do one for a while, but never really made progress.

I haven't managed to spot what I was looking for yet, dunno if it was just bad timing on my part, but I bought my Wisteria starter just so I could stop searching ^^; I added it to my group, and the mate I plan to use for it as well, but it's hidden for now to keep it from getting accidentally viewed too much. I'm excited to get started, and to see everyone's projects!

Edit - cool I found one just now, thanks RNG 😂

Edited by zippuzzle

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): simkim
Forum Name: simkim
Today's Date: 05/30/2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): https://dragcave.net/lineage/EIStM - now named Lucky Solar Flares 'I 

Challenge Group Link (required): 100 Day Challenge Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Stair, with Alt Electric Dragons

Edited by simkim
Had to change a bit of info

Sure, I'll give this a try.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): Konz. It's always hidden but my username should be always visible on dragon pages.
Forum Name: Naraku
Today's Date: 5/30/23

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : https://dragcave.net/lineage/W2f41 (a fresh hellfire, it's hidden right now)

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/235069

Goal (Plan for your lineage): A spiral of Hellhorses, with the base pair producing one then from that point they'll be mated with Arcanae. Of course it may be a challenge getting them to cooperate; I'm not looking to win, just curious how far I could get with it.

Welp, I hoped to try and hunt my starter, but ended up not having much time today and just buying from the market. Anyways I'm excited to be starting this challenge ^^ It's not my first lineage project (I have a checker thingy I'm lowkey working on), but the first public like that.

4 hours ago, zippuzzle said:

Edit - cool I found one just now, thanks RNG 😂

That's about right. You look all day, see none, buy one and then there it is! :rolleyes:

And yay for new players! Welcome! I have added you to the list.

Edited by purplehaze

On 5/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, missy_ said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link: tarotlover
Forum Name: missy_
Today's Date: May 5, 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : Speedpass To The Magi Express

Challenge Group Link (required): 100-Day Challenge 2023

Goal (Plan for your lineage): I think I'm going to go with a basic purebred Magi stairstep. 

I almost forgot this started today! :o🙃 I managed to catch my starter; it will grow up late since I caught it late. I'm sticking with my original concept.

Good luck, everyone! :)

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That's about right. You look all day, see none, buy one and then there it is! :rolleyes:

what i did this morning when i got my starter egg from the market, i went right to the biomes (because it was 10:50), and refreshed both Alpine and Desert, and there was no Nebula. so yay!

i haven't been looking for Nebs or Antareans today though.  i have enough for a few gens in my group. :D 

Oh noooo, I forgot that I have an egg on my scroll that I want to earthquake! I've been waiting to work on this lineage for a long time and I completely forgot that it requires an earthquake. Now I'm not sure what to do.

ETA: Never mind, I'll just ask someone via the help thread to hold my egg while I earthquake!

Edited by missy_

2 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Oh noooo, I forgot that I have an egg on my scroll that I want to earthquake! I've been waiting to work on this lineage for a long time and I completely forgot that it requires an earthquake. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Ask someone to hold your challenge egg while you EQ. I would offer but I am scroll locked unless the person I bred a Blusang for hurries and picks it up!

17 minutes ago, missy_ said:

ETA: Never mind, I'll just ask someone via the help thread to hold my egg while I earthquake!

I can help you, if you still need help!

Thanks, purplehaze, and Lagie! I will ask for help, once my newly caught egg is off cooldown. :) 

(I just caught it, so it's going to be awhile.)

Edited by missy_

Just making sure that all the newcomers know that your starter dragon can be (and usually is) a dragon that has been on your scroll for awhile. You only have to catch one new egg, and that is generally not your starter. But it can be; it's OK for your starter to be a brand new dragon as well. :) Generally, you start with one established dragon on your scroll, which is your starter dragon, and one new egg.

like everyone else, i updated my first post with Krttika, my Neb starter

It might be too late but I'm signing up if it is still fine.

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Ytak
Forum Name: Ytak
Today's Date: May 30, 2023

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) Mysteryshade

Challenge Group Link (required): Group - 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Dragon Cave (dragcave.net)

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Stairstep 

Edited by Ytak

1 hour ago, Ytak said:

It might be too late but I'm signing up if it is still fine.

It's fine. :)

I am posting here and in the random connections thread. 

Is anyone around to hold my egg for a few minutes? I just need to do Earthquake.

ETA: Thank you, @NightEagle!

ETA2: The earthquake was a success. Yay!

Edited by missy_

On 5/29/2023 at 12:11 PM, darkladyselenity said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/darkladyselenity
Forum Name: darkladyselenity
Today's Date: 5/29

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) :  https://dragcave.net/lineage/fEX0Z

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/234962-100-day

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Just to stay committed. I'm terrible at stuff like this.

Updated this since I caught my first egg.

I'll join if it's not too late, this seems fun! This'll be my first lineage project

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Nierta
Forum Name: Nierta
Today's Date: 5/31

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : unnamed

Challenge Group Link (required): 100 Day Challenge 2023

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Spiral with moonstones and tsunami wyverns most likely

Welcome @Nierta! :) Not too late at all.

In past years (for the 20-week challenge,) I have posted standings weekly.

100 days does not come out to an even number of weeks.

So...how best to record standings?

Should I post updates every 10 days instead? But I fear that will be hard to keep track of and I will forget.

Should I post updates once a week, starting from Day 1? That will leave several days from the last weekly update until the end of the Challenge.

Should I post weekly updates, but post the first one after Day 9, which will line up the last update with the end of the Challenge?

Or is there a better solution? Or am I totally overthinking this?

Once a week still sounds good to me (I don't think it matters too much which day the first weekly post is on).

Don't overthink it too much. XD

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

100 days does not come out to an even number of weeks.

So...how best to record standings?

Should I post updates every 10 days instead? But I fear that will be hard to keep track of and I will forget.

Should I post updates once a week, starting from Day 1? That will leave several days from the last weekly update until the end of the Challenge.

Should I post weekly updates, but post the first one after Day 9, which will line up the last update with the end of the Challenge?

I think you're overthinking a little bit, I'm not sure it's such a big deal if it doesn't line up perfect! I wouldn't wanna go through and check everything all at once at the end, or forever be trying to remember when the next 'ten day' check-in was. Honestly, I'd just say do whatever is easier for you, you're already hosting the event for all of us and that's work in the first place. If weekly is the easiest for you to remember, that seems fine to me. It's all supposed to be for fun anyways ❤️

I agree to just do whatever is easiest for you. Thank you for hosting this event; I'm okay with whatever you decide. :) 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

weekly.  you're overthinking.