purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

19 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just making sure that all the newcomers know that your starter dragon can be (and usually is) a dragon that has been on your scroll for awhile. You only have to catch one new egg, and that is generally not your starter. But it can be; it's OK for your starter to be a brand new dragon as well. :) Generally, you start with one established dragon on your scroll, which is your starter dragon, and one new egg.

For me getting new dragon as starter (Pyropellis) an using one of my existing dragons as mate (Gemshard) is way easier, that's all. 😄

5 minutes ago, Uta_Redhead said:
19 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just making sure that all the newcomers know that your starter dragon can be (and usually is) a dragon that has been on your scroll for awhile. You only have to catch one new egg, and that is generally not your starter. But it can be; it's OK for your starter to be a brand new dragon as well. :) Generally, you start with one established dragon on your scroll, which is your starter dragon, and one new egg.

For me getting new dragon as starter (Pyropellis) an using one of my existing dragons as mate (Gemshard) is way easier, that's all. 😄

Yeah, and ya know it really doesn't matter a bit. As long as one of the dragons that you use in your first pair is a new dragon, I don't really care which you call your starter! That is entirely up to you.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Welcome @Nierta! :) Not too late at all.

In past years (for the 20-week challenge,) I have posted standings weekly.

100 days does not come out to an even number of weeks.

So...how best to record standings?

Should I post updates every 10 days instead? But I fear that will be hard to keep track of and I will forget.

Should I post updates once a week, starting from Day 1? That will leave several days from the last weekly update until the end of the Challenge.

Should I post weekly updates, but post the first one after Day 9, which will line up the last update with the end of the Challenge?

Or is there a better solution? Or am I totally overthinking this?

Do whatever you like whenever you like.

4 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Once a week still sounds good to me (I don't think it matters too much which day the first weekly post is on).

Don't overthink it too much. XD

4 hours ago, zippuzzle said:

I think you're overthinking a little bit, I'm not sure it's such a big deal if it doesn't line up perfect!

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

I agree to just do whatever is easiest for you.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

weekly.  you're overthinking.

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do whatever you like whenever you like.

Okay.

Thanks all.

Overthinking tends to be what I do best. XD

I will do weekly updates. Probably on Friday mornings, since that is generally free time for me.

Meanwhile good luck to everyone and remember that the most important part is just to enjoy what you are doing here.

Edited by purplehaze

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am also very good at overthinking things 😅 I am glad we were able to help reassure your busy brain ^^

16 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

are you a virgo? cause i also overthng lots of things too.

57 minutes ago, trystan said:

are you a virgo? cause i also overthng lots of things too.

*raises hand* Quadrupal Virgo here. Overthinking is my middle name. XD I don't think @purplehaze is, though... I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Quadrupal Virgo

is that like you have four virgoes in your ... lineage (XD)? 

Just now, trystan said:

is that like you have four virgoes in your ... lineage (XD)? 

When you do the full horoscope, sun, moon, and all the planets, four if them are in Virgo! ;)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

are you a virgo?

Not a virgo, but still capable of overthinking. ;)

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When you do the full horoscope, sun, moon, and all the planets, four if them are in Virgo! ;)

shows you how much i know about astrology.

the names of my dragon in this lineage are part of astronomy. XD 

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not a virgo, but still capable of overthinking. ;)

we should have a group - Overthinkers Anonymous!

I'ma Scorp and I overthink ALL the time. As for my daughter - she's a Pisces and she is even worse than me and BRILLIANT at catastrophic thinking.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'ma Scorp and I overthink ALL the time. As for my daughter - she's a Pisces and she is even worse than me and BRILLIANT at catastrophic thinking.

I guess it's a human condition, rather than an astrological one. XD

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I guess it's a human condition, rather than an astrological one. XD

i'll go with that. :D

also, my started dragon hatched! :D

4 hours ago, trystan said:

also, my started dragon hatched! :D

Mine did, too! :)

Mine has three more hours! I caught it late.

Both of mine hatched. I am planning to use 2 that I caught on the 30th as my starting pair.

Mine hatched!  :D  And I've named him.  I also have chosen to do a potentially difficult lineage... lol.  But tis the fun of it!

My starter also hatched today (early, early in the morning).

He has "U0F" in his code which reminded me of UFO so I named him "Unidentified Foreign Object." I'm surprised the name was available, honestly!

~Snow

Edited by BringsTheSnow

13 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

He has "U0F" in his code which reminded me of UFO so I named him "Unidentified Foreign Object." I'm surprised the name was available, honestly!

I was able to name my starter (who hatched yesterday) Sea Oats, which I was amazed wasn't taken yet. Maybe this means we will get good luck with our preferred naming themes (if anyone else is doing that) this challenge! Since I'm using painted ray pygmies, I'm going to try to do a beach flora theme with mine.

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Both of mine hatched. I am planning to use 2 that I caught on the 30th as my starting pair.

Nope! I am wrong. The mate for mine will need to be an earlier one because both of the ones I caught on the 30th are red. And I knew that! :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, BlueCanary1 said:

I'm going to try to do a beach flora theme with mine.

Nice. Good luck.

My starter boy hatched and has received his name \o/  I decided to keep the Market one I got as the starter, the Caveborn I found shortly after can still join the lineage though 😂

I'm so excited seeing folks' projects getting ready to go, it's cool to see what everyone is deciding on for their dragons and their themes :D

Both my starters are hatched ^_^ I thought it'd be kinda cute/fun for them to be caught and grow up together lol.

To save myself naming trouble, all the Olives will be named Kalamata and all the Daydreams will be Hippocampus, with their generation listed after (Hippocampus the First, Hippocampus the Second, etc...)

Unless I think of something I like better! But I think this will be very cute :D  

I love it when I get a nice name that isn't taken! ^_^ Like these:

19 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

My starter also hatched today (early, early in the morning).

~Snow

6 hours ago, BlueCanary1 said:

I was able to name my starter (who hatched yesterday) Sea Oats, which I was amazed wasn't taken yet. Maybe this means we will get good luck with our preferred naming themes (if anyone else is doing that) this challenge! Since I'm using painted ray pygmies, I'm going to try to do a beach flora theme with mine.

My wee starter hatched, and is named Ticket Punch for now, although I may swap it with another dragon and use this name later on in the lineage. I haven't decided for sure. The general theme is travel, transport, trains, magic, stuff like that. It's not really original; it's from an old Magi stairstep that I caught in the AP at some point, but at some point in time, all of the earlier dragons unfortunately lost their names in that stairstep. So this is kind of an homage to that lineage.

ETA: This is the lineage that inspired it: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3PzU8 Unfortunately, there were 27 lines of Magis that all lost their names in that beautiful lineage. Thankfully, that doesn't happen anymore!

On 5/31/2023 at 3:41 PM, purplehaze said:

Yeah, and ya know it really doesn't matter a bit. As long as one of the dragons that you use in your first pair is a new dragon, I don't really care which you call your starter! That is entirely up to you.

Yep, of course you are exactly right! I was momentarily thinking people might get discouraged thinking they have to catch two dragons from the 30th instead of just one, but indeed I call all of them (both newly caught eggs and OP dragons) starters myself. alot And later realized no one is actually confused about it. :lol::ph34r:

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, zippuzzle said:

I'm so excited seeing folks' projects getting ready to go, it's cool to see what everyone is deciding on for their dragons and their themes :D

for somewhat of a sneak-peak at my names, there's my Trystan Barnard, from last year's challenge....