TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

I hope there's a way to record deceive behaviours of someone in public 😭

Not for hatred, it's for reminder.

If I can record the ID of  those who traded wrong-gendered deliberately, he/she won't be able to cheat on another player again that easily.

And if there's a "list of cheaters", I'll feel more comfort to trade with those who aren't on the list. 

It's the fifth times I got a wrong-gender 2G prize 😭 😭 😭

It feels like those cheaters are everywhere.

Edit:

Hope that I can grab more blue tomorrow 😄 Love them!

Edited by a101401014

Egg-locked until much later today buuut I made great progress, need only three more Blues and two more Silvers.

Two eggs will hatch in about 10 hours so I hope I can fill up on Silvers before the eclipse ends.

36 minutes ago, a101401014 said:

It's the fifth times I got a wrong-gender 2G prize 😭 😭 😭

Sorry to hearing that! And It's from holiday so it can't become spiral too. :( I think no public record because of some privacy issues? Also name can be change. The safest method might be only trade eggs/gendered hatchling, or be careful if the organizer look like a newcomer with only a few game knowledge. :(

21 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Sorry to hearing that! And It's from holiday so it can't become spiral too. :( I think no public record because of some privacy issues? Also name can be change. The safest method might be only trade eggs/gendered hatchling, or be careful if the organizer look like a newcomer with only a few game knowledge. :(

You are right 😭

And maybe I should start to creat a "list of credible players" on my computer 😭

Only ungender-hatchies from these people can accept.

Others should all wait until it gendered 😭

2 hours ago, a101401014 said:

I hope there's a way to record deceive behaviours of someone in public 😭

Not for hatred, it's for reminder.

If I can record the ID of  those who traded wrong-gendered deliberately, he/she won't be able to cheat on another player again that easily.

And if there's a "list of cheaters", I'll feel more comfort to trade with those who aren't on the list. 

There will never be a blacklist - not least because there have been occasions when players have badmouthed someone out of spite, when the other player did nothing wrong. and this COULD have been an accident or inexperience.

1 hour ago, D-wing said:

That makes sense; there are quite a few players still who have no idea about dragon sex, and also who have no aeons to check. It may not have been malice/cheating at all. 

38 minutes ago, a101401014 said:

And maybe I should start to creat a "list of credible players" on my computer 😭

Only ungender-hatchies from these people can accept.

Others should all wait until it gendered 😭

Yes - but don't put such a list in your profile or anything - that's not permitted, - see above ! Make a note to yourself, in private. Happy to breed you one from mine, later, if you want.

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That makes sense; there are quite a few players still who have no idea about dragon sex, and also who have no aeons to check. It may not have been malice/cheating at all. 

It's also possible, if it was received as an egg then gendered wrong, that they used Influence and didn't know it wears off after.

Or they may personally not care about the lineage and just care about it being a Prize and didn't think others feel differently (and if it was requested that it gender correctly to continue it, they could have possibly missed that part if it was done via the hub--easy to accidentally miss part of somebody's wants with such a short space to write things.  Heck, it's easy to miss that via forums!)  Or they could have accidentally used the wrong influence on it or misread the precog and not realized it would gender wrong.

I also figure an "official blacklist" wouldn't happen because all risk of trading is assumed by the player with no official in-game rules outlining what is or is not allowed outside of "your message on a trade can't have off-site links or be targeted at a single person and needs to be relevant to the trade itself".  (At least not that I can find--if there are other rules they need to be made way more prominent...)  There's no official rule against sending something that will gender wrong for a lineage to continue the pattern, even if that was requested/promised.  It's the same way as mods won't step in to enforce a broken IOU agreement because all risk is assumed by the players and not official backed in any way.

What I've done in the past is just use the on-forum "notepad" (account settings, edit profile--bottom of the page) to make a list of users I refuse to trade with or gift to as well as anybody I owe an IOU or breeding request to.  That way it's easy to access on both PC or mobile.  Or you could use something like Google docs, etc. which has the benefit of not being at risk of getting wiped or removed in a forum update or glitch.  (This is also useful for uploading images you frequently attach to posts instead of uploading them over and over, I use it for trading--makes it easy to make trade posts on mobile where I don't have the images saved like I do on PC lol)

EDIT:  these two suggestions threads may be of interest to you, @a101401014!

Allow users to use precog on trade offers

See what BSAs have been used on a dragon

More on-topic, though...

Huh, I definitely don't see where people are getting the purple hues in the silvers from--they're more blue-gray to me and I don't really see the red in them to give them a purple tint?  Wonder if it's my screen lol

Edited by KageSora

10 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I also figure an "official blacklist" wouldn't happen

It was specifically stated ages ago by a mod (Possibly Sock ?) after someone posted such a list in their profile.

because all risk of trading is assumed by the player with no official in-game rules outlining what is or is not allowed outside of "your message on a trade can't have off-site links or be targeted at a single person and needs to be relevant to the trade itself".  (At least not that I can find--if there are other rules they need to be made way more prominent...)  There's no official rule against sending something that will gender wrong for a lineage to continue the pattern, even if that was requested/promised.  It's the same way as mods won't step in to enforce a broken IOU agreement because all risk is assumed by the players and not official backed in any way.

Exactly this - trading is at your own risk.

More on-topic, though...

Huh, I definitely don't see where people are getting the purple hues in the silvers from--they're more blue-gray to me and I don't really see the red in them to give them a purple tint?  Wonder if it's my screen lol

I so see purplish, now that you mention it !

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - but don't put such a list in your profile or anything - that's not permitted, - see above ! Make a note to yourself, in private. Happy to breed you one from mine, later, if you want.

You're right 😂 Maybe part of them did this since they were inexperience 😂

And Thanks for your friendly reminder ❤️

I'll keep my note on my PC. Could I PM you after the NR event? I really appreciate that. 🥰

4 hours ago, KageSora said:

EDIT:  these two suggestions threads may be of interest to you, @a101401014!

Allow users to use precog on trade offers

See what BSAs have been used on a dragon

Oh! Those're good Suggestions!!! 😂

If I can use my aeons to precog on what is offered in trade, that will be awesome!!

I would like to hear bad trading-experiences from others!!! 😂 And hope there's no one feel deceive again 😭 

However, I understand the concern about "badmouthed" ...... that's not good 😨

So maybe the only harmless option is DC allow users to use precog on trade offers! I am all for that 🥰

Edit:

Rules are rules.  I get that. Thanks for those who maintaining the order in Forums ❤️

😂 *making a list*

And I can't wait to grab more blue NR 🥰

Edited by a101401014

At least you have your scroll, be happy  :)) I gave my password to one user to help to catch me NR eggs cause I was busy on my job! So my scroll was stollen in 2015 year I miss my first scroll, I had so many dragons with description … and my first dragons are forever lost, the user is no longer active on forum

2 hours ago, a101401014 said:

You're right 😂 Maybe part of them did this since they were inexperience 😂

And Thanks for your friendly reminder ❤️

I'll keep my note on my PC. Could I PM you after the NR event? I really appreciate that. 🥰

Oh! Those're good Suggestions!!! 😂

If I can use my aeons to precog on what is offered in trade, that will be awesome!!

It WOULD !

But we are WAY off topic here !

I genuinely don't see any purple on the silver eggs. I even triple looked at them but I didn't see any. Maybe it's just you? lol

14 hours ago, ADN6 said:

Silly question--are the silvers officially called "silver"? They look so purple to me.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

I definitely see the "purple" tint, although I would describe it as more of a pale lilac tint.

11 minutes ago, Animals65 said:

I genuinely don't see any purple on the silver eggs. I even triple looked at them but I didn't see any. Maybe it's just you? lol

I use night mode and the dark theme on mobile and I see (to my eyes) what might be a faint hint of a really light lavender or similar shade of purple if i zoom in...But otherwise, they appear a bluish-gray to me.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:34 AM, KageSora said:

CRAP i forgot to check on the hour for a release...

Anybody know yet if the non-pygmies are biome-dependant for color?

So far people have gotten all colors from all biomes.

7 hours ago, a101401014 said:

It could be on purpose or it could be they forgot that if the egg is influenced the influence goes away when teleported. 

Which brought me to wondering, will they still revert after the gender shows if teleported which I’ve asked on the tiny questions thread.

Edited by Catincanada2
Changed a sentence tense to clarify my comment.

The eclipse sonatas are definitely pale lilac or lavender to me! It might not be just different screens - sometimes people actually see colours very differently, which can be quite interesting. For example, I've already learned to avoid mentioning any blue objects in the company of my family members, unless picking a quarrel is what I was aiming at (becuse my blue would often be green to them... obviously they're just a bit silly but I don't think that's worth arguing. 😹) And of course people can have issues with color vision as well. And then we have cultural differences!

Once an egg has hatched, the influence stays. So, if the sex is really important, it can be best

13 minutes ago, Catincanada2 said:

It could be on purpose or it could be they forgot that if the egg is influenced the influence goes away when teleported. 

Which brought me to wondering, will they still revert after the gender shows if teleported which I’ve asked on the tiny questions thread.

Once the egg has hatched, the influence stays. Which is why many will offer to influence and hatch for others.

I zoomed all the way in and used a colour picker on the egg, and to me it seems that the eclipse sonatas are shaded with light shades of blue, dark shades of grey, and one darker shade of a muted lilac. Hence, I see everyone's point lmao.

27 minutes ago, Catincanada2 said:

My friends and I actually did several tests about this question 😆

After using lots of aeons and magis. Finally, we found that: the genders of hatchies are fixed. After they become hatchies from eggs, the genders of them will never be changed.

BTW, I can't tell the difference between blue NR hatchies and silver NR hatchies? They look all the same 😂

Is it just me or they are indeed very similar 😅

Yes, imo they do look very similar, even more so than the eggs - and when I was looking at a hatchery earlier today, I already had some problems with telling if an egg is blue or silver if it didn't happen to be near the other colour one.

Hi! I'm a returning player.
I got this beauty from the abandoned ones.

cJxL9

I'm a bit lost in the event but I'm excited xD

What a day! I had no plans so decided to try on and off (much more on than off!) to get the silver eclipse egg from the cave, as opposed to the market ones I got when they first appeared.  It took me from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm to get five. At least now I have some cave born silver dragons. I'm shattered!!!

And yes, I look at my silver market hatchies and can't tell them from the blue ones either!

I am starting to see CB Gold Sonatas in the AP! They might be from the start of the silvers coming out, when people abandoned the gold ones? If I didn't miscalculate. XD

Either way, it's nice to see!

Did anyone else notice that the celestial dragon eggs in the AP looked different last night during the eclipse? Or am I crazy lol

On the color debate - Eclipse Sonatas are washed out, pale lavender to me 😉 My fave variant are the Golds, I'm happy that's the most common one!