UnicornMaiden

Show what BSAs have been performed on an egg/hatchling

I was actually thinking of suggesting this a couple weeks ago, but I forgot about it. But now the January release makes it seem even more useful. On an egg or hatchlng's page we should have a section where it says what BSAs have been performed. For example:

A Pink dragon influenced this egg/hatchling to be male/female.

An Aeon dragon predicted that this egg/hatchling will be male/female.

A Red dragon incubated this egg to help it hatch faster.

We already have a line that appears when Earthquake is used to force an egg to hatch early, so there is precedent.

I see this as being useful in several ways.

1. It will make it easier for a person to keep track of what actions they have performed on their own eggs. True, we can look up things in the action log, but if you are working with a lot of eggs at a time and using lots of different BSAs it can be difficult and time-consuming to find the right entry in the log, particularly since the eggs and most of the hatchlings have codes instead of names. When I am breeding for a few different lineage projects and I need to be sure I Influence each of the eggs correctly it is easy for one to get lost in the shuffle and misgender.

2. It will help with transparency and communication while trading. When receiving an ungendered hatchling or an egg with less than three days you have to rely on the other person telling you if they influenced or precogged it. Mostly people are honest about this, but sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes people even lie. And if the other person is the one making the offer on an existing trade they can't say anything at all. If the egg/hatchling's page displays the information then it's right there for the potential trader.

3. Since this new breed's variant seems to be affected by what BSAs are used on it it will be much easier for people to keep track of what variant they are affecting. It would also be easier with the existing Siyats for people to check if they have incubated an egg.

The information could just disappear from the page when the hatchling reaches adulthood since it would no longer serve any useful purpose.

Gotta admit thought you were jumping on a bandwagon until you pointed out the usefulness of this in trades, and, yes please. No more wondering if that s1 hatchie is right or not and if you should take the chance it isn't.

Yes please, for the individual convenience as well but mostly for trading. I've been on both sides of this, getting a s1 offer with no guarantee that it is correct, as well as offering on others' trades and getting rejected because (understandably) they can't be sure. Should be an easy change too as the coding already exists for other actions.

Would be lovely! I sometimes make silly mistakes, and it would be nice to not notice that by action log (or worse, having it gender wrong -_-)

Support! I admit I've sometimes influenced or precogged things twice on accident. This would be really helpful. 

This is one of those things I would've said 'just look at your action log' for, before this new release. This new release *really* makes it *important* that you know exactly what BSAs have been used on an egg (and in what order!). I routinely have to check my action log to double-check if I've Influenced something, and usually just pull up a Red's action page if I need to double-check if I've Incubated something already, but honestly I don't think it was *that* big a deal until now. Especially when it comes to trading (and grabbing things from the AP, if in fact any actions do carry over...), now we have a breed where the actual *sprite* depends on knowing what BSAs have been used on it. That's a huge new development, and I very very much support this for that reason.

23 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Support! I admit I've sometimes influenced or precogged things twice on accident. This would be really helpful. 

Yes, support, because I precogged one of my new eggs twice, and I only have 5 Aeons so that really hurt. 😳

Edited by dragongrrl
Grammar

Should Ward be included? I don't think it would make much difference for trading purposes, and I don't think it affects Cantormaris colors, but I suppose it might be useful for people keeping track of what actions they've performed.

2 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Should Ward be included?

If the egg is sick, you get a special message about a ‘barrier protecting the egg from harm’ or something alike.

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have that barrier bit always at the bottom when an egg is warded. 

7 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

If the egg is sick, you get a special message about a ‘barrier protecting the egg from harm’ or something alike.

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have that barrier bit always at the bottom when an egg is warded. 

I've asked for that before.... Somewhere around here. Sometimes I Ward as a protective measure with ER eggs, and it's strange to me that we don't get the 'protective barrier' line on their page then. I mean, they have that protective barrier for 6 hours regardless of if they are actually sick, so shouldn't the message show that? 

But yes, Ward should definitely be included. 

Yes, God please yes!

This request came up another time and I will forever support it. 

Let me see what I'm trading for! Was that hatchi precoged? Influ? Please!

Bumping this because pleeease? Pretty pretty please? 

There are really so many different reasons this suggestion would be useful. There have been many suggestions in the past for some easy way to filter the Action Log, for example, because especially if you play often or do a lot of breeding/AP-catching the Action Log can be a very long and cluttered thing to have to go through in order to find when and if you used a BSA on a specific dragon. I find myself sifting through my Action Log more and more these days to figure out if I've already used certain actions. 

It will help with trading, of course, though personally that's not why this would be so helpful for me. 

Cantormaris. Honestly they are the biggest reason I'm bumping this. I have literally started writing on Post-It notes to remind myself what actions have been performed on what eggs. Especially because it's essential to know what action was performed *last*, something like opening up a Red's Action to see if it's already been Incubated isn't actually helpful. As I said in an earlier post, this was kind of a 'it'd be nice to have but not that important' thing until Cantors came along. When there is a breed that specifically relies on what BSAs are used, not having a simple way to *see* what has been used is actually a fairly big hindrance imo. (See above, slogging through the Action Log is not exactly 'simple'...)

I would love this. Searching the log for something you're not even sure is there? So annoying!

Since this beautiful new birthday release has given us even more lovely sprites whose variant relies on BSAs I'm just gonna bump this thread in hopes that something good will happen.

With all the holiday lineage breeding and trading I've been doing this past week it would be super useful to have this in place. And with all the holiday AP hunting I've been doing my action log is absolutely clogged, making trying to find a specific entry impractical.

Please. I recently accepted a CB Cantormaris in trade because I needed the warded one. Then when I got it and tried to ward it I got the message that ward had already been used on it. :(

The trade overrode that action for the egg and I didn't need another orange one. Fortunately I still needed one more of the incubated ones, so I was not totally at a loss, but I would not have traded the egg I did for that if I had known.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Please. I recently accepted a CB Cantormaris in trade because I needed the warded one. Then when I got it and tried to ward it I got the message that ward had already been used on it. :(

The trade overrode that action for the egg and I didn't need another orange one. Fortunately I still needed one more of the incubated ones, so I was not totally at a loss, but I would not have traded the egg I did for that if I had known.

I feel like we have some inconsistency with BSAs sticking/not sticking when teleported/abandoned, and yeah that makes this whole subject even worse. Incubate/Influence is totally negated if abandoned or traded (I'm pretty sure it's with trading too...), while Stun has the view-restriction wear off but not the extra time, and Ward seems to stick no matter what.  ... Of course that's with normal eggs, I know I've seen some confusion on if BSAs stick with Cantors after abandon and I still don't really understand if that's a bug or intended or if all BSAs stick or what. 

Sounds useful. Action log can be clogged at times making it hard to keep track of actions. 

+1 support for this. As others have mentioned, I, too, have influ'd or precogged the same thing more than

once. Especially when the action log is clogged when I pick up/abandon tons of eggs during the holidays.