TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

5 hours ago, seventeendeer said:

That's definitely a silver, congrats!! :D

Regarding the viewbombing issue: I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this/have thought of this, but just in case anyone out there is really struggling - another good tip is to just fog all your valuables until they're ER time, then pop them in hatcheries and keep an eye on them while they hatch. Re-fog if you know you won't be able to check on them for a while, like if you're going to sleep, and re-add when you're back. Bit of a hassle, but it's about as safe as it gets, at least. :)

(If someone else said this already, sorry for repeating, I'm keeping up with the thread, but may well have overlooked something)

I have not had eggs under 6 days die from viewbombing; have others? I am always nervous about forgetting eggs if they get to ER status.

12 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

I saw at least three sonatas passing by, two in volcano, one in alpine. All gold :( 

Do y'all SEE the type of color they are when they're in the cave? I see eggs with question marks and can never tell if something's gold, blue, silver, etc. I only go off of descriptions and usually forget which goes to which egg and end up egg locked with dragons I don't currently want

7 minutes ago, Shirubiaofgangrel said:

Do y'all SEE the type of color they are when they're in the cave? I see eggs with question marks and can never tell if something's gold, blue, silver, etc. I only go off of descriptions and usually forget which goes to which egg and end up egg locked with dragons I don't currently want

If you miss an egg, you can change the URL of the page where it tells you that you missed it to its "/view/" page, then see what it actually was.

7 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

If you miss an egg, you can change the URL of the page where it tells you that you missed it to its "/view/" page, then see what it actually was.

Gotcha! Thanks

I bought 2 pairs from the market place, then caught one in the Desert biome all late last night. I missed most of the drops apparently. 

To anyone who has tried breeding recently - what results have you gotten.

Really want my Golds to produce a Silver for a lineage idea but not sure I want to take the chance at the moment of getting the wrong color (yeah, coupd possibly trade it for the right but *shrug*)

I got 3 silver eggs from breeding gold-blue / blue-blue and gold-gold. Planned to breed only gold-blue, but then accidently hit blue-blue, so I am happy the same colored-parents give silver eggs too^^

I bred my blues pretty early, but some people were getting silver at the time though. I got a blue. And just today my golds refused to go near each other, silly things. (Bought two silvers, managed to grab one, so I do have some silvers.)

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

Really want my Golds to produce a Silver for a lineage idea but not sure I want to take the chance at the moment of getting the wrong color (yeah, coupd possibly trade it for the right but *shrug*)

As of early this week, I produced two golds and a blue. I'll be trying again when my golds and blues come off cooldown.

Could something be done to help differentiate the look of blue and silver sonata eggs? I'm not colorblind but even I have to squint and look closely to tell them apart. I can't even imagine how awful it is for people with real color blindness

1 hour ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Could something be done to help differentiate the look of blue and silver sonata eggs? I'm not colorblind but even I have to squint and look closely to tell them apart. I can't even imagine how awful it is for people with real color blindness

Maybe you are a bit colorblind? They look really different to me.

aggghhhh so many silvers! Blue come back! Anyone catching blues right now?

Edited by Arwen17

7 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

aggghhhh so many silvers! Blue come back! Anyone catching blues right now?

It really depends on people's screens too. They look more different on my phone than on my computer.

10 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

May depend on the device you are using. I know there is a big difference in color between hubby's PC and my laptop.

10 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

aggghhhh so many silvers! Blue come back!

Please! I am hoping there will be blues available when some of my gold and silver ones hatch!

3 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

WELL - I just did (it autoed, as I was egg locked), but:

image.png.11969ac59c6f1d11729dee93e7c76746.png

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

May depend on the device you are using. I know there is a big difference in color between hubby's PC and my laptop.

Please! I am hoping there will be blues available when some of my gold and silver ones hatch!

I did see a blue, although I didn't catch it. So they are still dropping and I caught a gold and a couple blues only 24 hours ago. So Silver is very dominate right now, blue is uncommon and gold is rare.

It looks like the lunar eclipse is meant to occur today. Do the eggs drop at specific times, or is it random?

5 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

It looks like the lunar eclipse is meant to occur today. Do the eggs drop at specific times, or is it random?

They are currently mixed in and drop as normal along with all of the other breeds. You can also buy them in the market if you cannot catch them. 

8 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

They are currently mixed in and drop as normal along with all of the other breeds. You can also buy them in the market if you cannot catch them. 

Just caught one from the desert. Thanks for the clarification!

6 hours ago, Shirubiaofgangrel said:

that's the point of the game, it adds some difficulty to the game. you can only go off description when grabbing. only AFTER grabbing can you fully see the egg.

some entirely different eggs also share descriptions, needing to rely on biome instead of just descriptions at that point. (such as the pinks vs flamingo wyvern sharing "It's bright. And pink." but wyverns are only in coast/ jungle while pinks are in all.)

the current gold, blue and silver sonatas all share the same description no matter the color or biome.

you could refer to the wiki that shows all of which egg goes to which description.

dragoncave wiki egg identification guide.

17 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

If current theory holds out, the eclipse will start properly at 8pm (20:20) cave time and hold through 8pm cave time tomorrow, as that would be when the moon phases change.  But we're not 100% sure.

It looks like as the moons enter the shadow, even if the dual eclipse hasn't happened, then the silvers start getting mixed in so it's not entirely random.  We just don't have enough data yet to determine exactly when the mixing starts or the specifics of when it shifts in terms of which color is most common just yet.

2 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

I hope they will label them in the Market, Encyclopedia and on their main page, as I am having the same difficulty. I purchased four blue eggs in the Market thinking they were silver.

10 minutes ago, KageSora said:

We just don't have enough data yet

I hope the breeding won't be entirely random. I'd like to be able to reliably breed offspring that are the same color as their parents, for lineage purposes.

27 minutes ago, KageSora said:

If current theory holds out, the eclipse will start properly at 8pm (20:20) cave time and hold through 8pm cave time tomorrow, as that would be when the moon phases change.  But we're not 100% sure.

It looks like as the moons enter the shadow, even if the dual eclipse hasn't happened, then the silvers start getting mixed in so it's not entirely random.  We just don't have enough data yet to determine exactly when the mixing starts or the specifics of when it shifts in terms of which color is most common just yet.

At any rate, it's worth expecting it to happen during night hours. Orange/aurax is the color that appears the most frequently; cirion and eclipse appear less. I've noticed that occulris tend to drop more than sonatas as well.

48 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I hope the breeding won't be entirely random. I'd like to be able to reliably breed offspring that are the same color as their parents, for lineage purposes.

I expect it'll follow a pattern, but it'll take us a while to work out the exact pattern of how they shift, especially if it's not a hard shift (just as a casual observation of what people reported, it seems more of a gradual shift of mixing in then switching which are dominant?)