TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Urgh...  I really hope there's a secondary eclipse mechanic in play or that it's not just the day of but a day or two before and/or after as well.  If it's literally only available one day ever 128 days that's going to be absolutely ridiculous and it might as well not exist for a lot of people.

Agreed. We probably shouldn't judge before finding out the exact system, but it sure sounds like the silver variant is tied to the eclipse so yeah.

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Agreed. We probably shouldn't judge before finding out the exact system, but it sure sounds like the silver variant is tied to the eclipse so yeah.

Yeah, I'll withhold judgement until we know for sure.  After all, we could be pleasantly surprised!  But I sure do hope it's not my worst fears lol.

They're just.  So pretty.  I want so many of them...  A blue/silver line would be so nice to look at...

that said though name/lore is a reference to the "moonlight sonata", I take it?

Edited by KageSora

Looking at the moon markings on their back I'm hoping they drop on new moons instead of just eclipses. All of the adults are stunning.

14 minutes ago, Reykur said:

OMG took me a moment of staring in awe to realize the markings on their wings differ! Such a lovely detail.

They also have different neck markings!!

Emmm... I hope they won't be too hard to get in eclipse. Would like to have a gold from blue x silver if available.

image.png.ebbf66527c3738ee14a532329b19811a.png

If they're only available one day ever 128 days... that means we need to plan their lineage early. Hope there's a secondary eclipse mechanic too.

22 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Do we know how to get the Silver ones yet?

WB

No, but seem like get in eclipse

Edited by D-wing

8 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

They also have different neck markings!!

Oh true! They have a lot of subtle differences, so I'll just keep looking for a while. Could be worse ways to spend time. ^^

I love Moon themes *.* Wow, they are all so pretty!
And look at these little glowing pygmies. They emit such a warm light ❤️

Edited by Magellan

These are some of the most gorgeous dragons we've ever received, including the pygmies. I'm absolutely infatuated. I love the name too, reference to moonlight sonata. Thank you so much!! 

gold Sonata adult is amazing, as expected :wub:
seems like there are no wing crystals either, so i guess the phase sprite change theory is Out, but maybe we`ll see something different on a full moon or an eclipse
they do all have different crystal shapes which i think is super cool!!

edit: i`ve noticed some subtle details on the gold variant that are slightly more pronounced, so maybe i spoke too soon xD
edit 2: this could actually be because Aurax, the gold moon, is bigger in lore.. hmm

Edited by shoemart

delicious crystalnoodles. i am going to need approximately 1000000 of the orange ones in my life

All the adults are beautifil! I'm glad I snagged so many pygmies.

See how the Silver has a distinct moon pattern on its back that differs from the other two?
Pretty sure thats it, aside from the text stating, "those born under an eclipse are especially gifted in magic"

But Eclipses don't happen often, and it would definitely make the Silver variant extremely rare.

I'm not sure if the silvers we'll have to get in an eclipse or not, but the last line of their description says:

They keep their eggs in a nest within a cave until it is near hatching time, then bring the eggs out to sit beneath the night sky until they hatch.

So wondering if they can also be bred maybe at night time? Or maybe it has to be night time just before they hatch?

i think the wing markings are depicting moon stages up to the eclipse, and as always well done to the spriters!!

Jeez, if the April release is this hard, can you imagine how hard the May DC birthday release is going to be?

10 minutes ago, jis99 said:

Jeez, if the April release is this hard, can you imagine how hard the May DC birthday release is going to be?

It's 50/50 on that--we've had super hard ones, but then we had ones like the Harry Potter houses that were all common thereafter.  So you just never know.

They're fantastic! I'm especially in love with the pygmies, which I feel have been slightly overshadowed by all the curiosity surrounding the new lunar mechanic and the sonata variants.

Thank you once again!

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

that said though name/lore is a reference to the "moonlight sonata", I take it?

1 hour ago, High Lord November said:

These are some of the most gorgeous dragons we've ever received, including the pygmies. I'm absolutely infatuated. I love the name too, reference to moonlight sonata. Thank you so much!! 

I am glad it was noticed! Yes, they are inspired by two things: Starry Night, my (and my late grandma’s) favourite fine arts piece, and Moonlight Sonata— my (and my father’s) favourite classical music piece.

Additionally, these dragons are really special to me for one other reason: the Sonatas are my first ever solo public Dragon Request, from 11 years ago. Back then, they were named the Moonlight Sonatas. I finally revisited them a couple years ago, which are the sprites that you guys are looking at today. So, it’s really surreal for them to be in the game 11 years after their original DR was completed. It’s been a super long time since they were completed in DR, and they have gotten a bit of a facelift since then, but I wonder if anyone recognises them?? Lol.

I’m at work so I cant post art at the moment and wont be able to until way later. But, I wanted to highlight @MoonShark, that wrote the Sonata Dragon’s new descriptions. It’s awesome to have a dragon release with you and they wouldn’t have gotten here without your lovely writing. Thank you so much!

Anyway— I hope everyone is able to get the Eclipse variant. I’m not sure how rare it is, but I’ll be right there scouring the cave alongside you.

thank you @MoonShark for the beautiful descriptions for these gorgeous dragons 🩷

and aaaaaaaaaa the Pygmy adults are so beautiful!!! I’m inspired to do a pygmy linage with these and Pipios— my other favorite pygmy. 

14 minutes ago, Tiira said:

They're fantastic! I'm especially in love with the pygmies, which I feel have been slightly overshadowed by all the curiosity surrounding the new lunar mechanic and the sonata variants.

They really are lovely, with their soft glow. Will be one of my favorite pygmies! Thanks @Mewtie for these little gems. :)

Wow, @birdzgoboom! Eleven years! They are scrumptious and I am so glad they are finally seeing the light of day, er, I mean the light of Valkemere's moons. ;)

Edited by purplehaze

28 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

I’m at work so I cant post art at the moment and wont be able to until way later. But, I wanted to highlight @MoonShark, that wrote the Sonata Dragon’s new descriptions. It’s awesome to have a dragon release with you and they wouldn’t have gotten here without your lovely writing. Thank you so much!

Ahhhh, birdz, you're so sweet. 😭 It was an absolute pleasure to work on this dragon with you, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. Sharing a release with you is a dream come true, and I'm so, so happy to see them in-cave at last! :D  The art is absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to start making beautiful lineages with them. ❤️  I'll be right there beside you, hunting those Eclipses! (And continuing to hoard the other colors as well. They're all so gorgeous!)

I saw a Sonata passing by in the Desert, it was the gold variety.