TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

I haven't been able to find a single egg of the Moon release species, and people in trades are starting to value them insanely high with some asking for Dino eggs, and the like. 😑

25 minutes ago, Thorn4 said:

I haven't been able to find a single egg of the Moon release species, and people in trades are starting to value them insanely high with some asking for Dino eggs, and the like. 😑

I've seen a few of them in the five minute drops, over the last couple of hours. Usually just one egg mixed in. They go incredibly fast.  Didn't see any for ages before that. Some drops I see none, but they are definitely still dropping. I finally got a gold moon an hour ago. 

Edited by greycat

Caught two, both gold. I will be making them a breeding pair, if they don't refuse, for further testing

1 hour ago, Skadi said:

Caught two, both gold. I will be making them a breeding pair, if they don't refuse, for further testing

Don't forget to use fertility if you have purple. This will prevent your dragons refusing.

And interesting to see more people still posting that they've only caught gold. 

I meant to try and grab another blue at release (I was there!! darnit!!) but I went to bed :')

You guys say they're still dropping? I haven't seen any in the past few hours.

I've only had time to check a handful today so far, but it's been all 100% gold today again.

It may be some pattern akin to Lunar Heralds (but those are still in bronze phase and will switch to gold some 16 hours from now), in which case we might get silvers in a few days (early as 5th or 7th?). After all, the only reasons we assumed that silvers wouldn't come until eclipse because of the introduction of the clock and that they were missing from day 1.

Oops, totally missed. :ph34r: Grab 2 pygmies 1 gold and hope for a better luck to got the moon one.

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing crescent

Cirion (Blue moon) Waning crescent

So seem like they're influence by the moon, I hope they won't become too rare. :raptor:

Edit: 7 gold until now

Okay, I think no/only very, very few blue one yet. :rolleyes: Anyone still need the gold one? I only need 1 and can gift the extras.

I guess... maybe the occurrence rate influenced by Moon Phase, full > Waxing gibbous > Waning gibbous > Waxing crescent > Waning crescent > new, Lunar eclipse = silver. : P

Edited by D-wing

25 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

I meant to try and grab another blue at release (I was there!! darnit!!) but I went to bed :')

You guys say they're still dropping? I haven't seen any in the past few hours.

they are! just gotta keep an eye out when the biomes refresh since they're still getting snagged quickly

The Info on the moon page says, a lunar eclipse is near. We might be able to get the silvers soon? Some of my eggs hatched now and I can try hunting...

9 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

The Info on the moon page says, a lunar eclipse is near. We might be able to get the silvers soon? Some of my eggs hatched now and I can try hunting...

Maybe.  Thing is, nobody knows when for sure it's happening.  One popular theory is 8pm May 10th through 8pm May 11th, since that's the next time the gold moon is full and every 4 full moons for it both moons have a lunar eclipse, as per the lore in the encyclopedia (page about the world).  There may be another mechanic at play though, so we're not sure if that's the case or not.

(It may seem like that's not "soon" but the gold moon has a 32 day cycle which means that eclipse happens once ever 128 days so it's "soon" relative to that).

We'll possibly know before that, though, even if that is the next eclipse date.  Once people start getting their dragons as adults we can try and breed them and see if the silver is a breeding alt--since we don't know for sure that the silvers will be available with the lunar eclipse (it might be some other special mechanic about the dragons, not how you get the silver)

I keep thinking about the eclipse thing and how it would work if that's when the silver variant drops, but it feels like there's no good way to make that happen. The eclipse is only a few times a year, so unless these dragons basically flood the cave at the time (doubtful), they'll be ridiculously rare and difficult to get. What if they are a breeding alt that can only be produced at those times...? At least that would make things less competitive...I'm just struggling to picture a smooth way of introducing new CBs that are only available every 4 months or so. But of course there might be a whole other system, who knows.

5 hours ago, Thorn4 said:

They'll be in the market, and even the stats started out at a pretty low price the first week they were out.

There is also a penumbral lunar eclipse May 5-6 to consider. Normally I wouldn't associate real would events with breed releases, but the proximity is at least a little suspect.

46 minutes ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

There is also a penumbral lunar eclipse May 5-6 to consider. Normally I wouldn't associate real would events with breed releases, but the proximity is at least a little suspect.

This is true. We also don't know if the DC eclipses function like their real life counterparts, so it may come sooner than we all expect. 

According to the reply above, It seems that the blue alts have gone rarer after the flood.

Is it true? Has anyone got a blue alt?

If so, the drop mechanism may be more mysterious.

The Moon Phrases haven't changed since.

I can't believe I was so stupid to think that nothing would be done this weekend!  Now having to play catch-up.....

On 4/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, Arcy said:

cool

Shadows flicker wildly around this diminutive egg.  Jungle only

This egg glows with the light of the moon.  All biomes

And thank you for posting this on the first page. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_the_Drifter said:

According to the reply above, It seems that the blue alts have gone rarer after the flood.

Is it true? Has anyone got a blue alt?

If so, the drop mechanism may be more mysterious.

The Moon Phrases haven't changed since.

No blues have been dropping once the flood stopped as far as we know. So probably the variants will be rotating in the cave in some manner, maybe based on the phases of the moon like Lunar Heralds, but we can't really tell for sure until they start switching.

anybody got any blues I could trade for?? missed most of the release and traded my blue for an orange >:((

and the egg hatched so uhh

pain

7 minutes ago, ShadowMistaken said:

anybody got any blues I could trade for?? missed most of the release and traded my blue for an orange >:((

and the egg hatched so uhh

pain

They'll come back, it's probably not worth it to go for the expensive trades going around now.

Just now, MissK. said:

They'll come back, it's probably not worth it to go for the expensive trades going around now.

yea fair

17 minutes ago, MissK. said:

This. Especially when there's a chance that they might be common in the near future. Not worth parting with a pricey egg just to get a NR early. 

11 hours ago, Thorn4 said:

This is par for the course after a new release. Initially there will be some trades asking for rares in exchange for NRs. It makes sense, since they are hard to catch and some people would rather not bother trying to catch them. These trades will dissipate as time goes on.

Thank you so much for having something available in the Coast! I've seen more Tsunamis in the last few days than in the last few months x3

Has anyone caught a moon egg from the Jungle yet? After the initial release of the pygmies, I'm curious if these eggs have started appearing in the Jungle.

47 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Has anyone caught a moon egg from the Jungle yet? After the initial release of the pygmies, I'm curious if these eggs have started appearing in the Jungle.

I think only the pygmy drops (currently) in the Jungle, and haven't heard of nor seen any moons in the Jungle.