TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

2 hours ago, lucky15371 said:

I saw someone earlier offering a cheese for 1-2 NR. Maybe it's different for some but I just can't imagine trading an unbreedable for a NR.

I think that was me! XD

I don't collect cheeses. So that was a good trade for both me and the person who traded me two moons for it... we both got something we wanted a lot more!

3 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

At least someone gets it, thank you! This practice is also not friendly at all to newcomers, who don't have egg space to hoard NR eggs like they're toilet paper, nor to 'non-rich' players that don't have pages upon pages of highly valuable dragons to breed at will for any and all possible trades.

I agree with you, too. 

I will say keep an eye out as we go forwards--as long as these don't end up becoming obscenely ultra rare, you may be able to get lucky and find somebody offering one for something that's accessible to newer players to catch or breed and trade.  I know I've more than once made a trade where I traded something very nice and desirable for something uncommon at best, simply because I was trying to work on a lineage and needed more of those and trading helped get them faster than just catching them all myself.

I'm pretty sure someone said it earlier, but I'm suspecting that the availability of the moon eggs in cave relates to what the moon cycle is. That's why we're not seeing any blues at the moment, Cirion (blue moon) is New. If my theory is correct, the amount of blue eggs will increase as the moon becomes fuller.

THUS, we will have more blue eggs when Cirion is full.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I would never pay a high price for an NR egg. Patience is your friend. Chances are the difficulty in catching them right now is that the demand is very high because people want them right away. Generally, in a week or so the demand has died and they are much easier to catch. If they are going to be rare then maybe you will have to pay those higher prices somewhere down the road anyway, but why pay now before we know?

Same! Definitely not worth getting worked up over. Every new release is the same. "Patience, grasshopper." :raptor:

4 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

This practice is also not friendly at all to newcomers

Oddly enough, it can be in an odd way. It's definitely a good opportunity for new players to trade for rare eggs in exchange for their new releases when they may not otherwise be able to get those rares. It may be a good opportunity for them to get a rare that they didn't previously have. It's only for a few people, though, and only for a limited time right after a release.

4 hours ago, MissK. said:

I actually meant what if they're a breed alt that can only be bred during the eclipse. Just to be clear, I don't want that, but it would be less competitive insanity than them dropping in the cave only on those days lol.

I hear you about the insanity!  :ph34r: I'm terrible at catching, so I don't like competing with everyone in the cave. For me personally though, I would rather see the silver be caveborn, with the risk of it being more rare, than have it be a breed-only dragon.

3 hours ago, lucky15371 said:

I saw someone earlier offering a cheese for 1-2 NR. Maybe it's different for some but I just can't imagine trading an unbreedable for a NR.

For unbreedables like cheese, paper, dino, chicken, some people like myself would just trade them away for any hatchling (I don't even ask for cb hatchling). I just traded away two papers today for 1 common hatchling each because I'd like them off my eggslots ASAP.

It really all comes down to expectations. Some people are asking for CB Stat / CB Gold / 2g Salt with a single blue NR. Some are asking for Blue NR with a 7d0h 7g stair prize, or a messy 7d0h gold. 

What people are asking for does not represent the market, and if they get a trade offer, then at least it means both party are satisfied.

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Oddly enough, it can be in an odd way. It's definitely a good opportunity for new players to trade for rare eggs in exchange for their new releases when they may not otherwise be able to get those rares. It may be a good opportunity for them to get a rare that they didn't previously have. It's only for a few people, though, and only for a limited time right after a release.

I couldn't agree more! When I first joined the game years ago, I was taught that it's a great time for new players to trade for rarer eggs during NR. Just catch and hatch and someone will put up a good offer for NR hatchies. 2m&2f can usually get really good deal.

Edited by CuteDragons

As a tip, do check the 5min drops especially if you're hunting other stuff.  I picked up another pair of gold NRs on them.  One I managed to grab at the 5min refresh, the other was behind another egg I picked up for a lineage.  If you want to try and cycle the cave in the hopes of finding them then dumping the stuff to the AP later you may have some luck doing that, as well.

Lately it feels like I've always been complaining about how hard it is to get the new eggs, but based on hours spent trying, this one is definitely up there. The pygmies are still dropping about once every 4-5 drops, but I haven't seen a moon since this morning.

It will be interesting to see what happens when players are able to breed their new moon eggs. It's a possibility that the third color is a normal hybrid, and the "lunar eclipse" hint was simply just to get us looking at the lunar cycles to discover the pattern of when the gold and blue eggs would drop.

But then again ...🤔😁

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

Same! Definitely not worth getting worked up over. Every new release is the same. "Patience, grasshopper." :raptor:

I hear you about the insanity!  :ph34r: I'm terrible at catching, so I don't like competing with everyone in the cave. For me personally though, I would rather see the silver be caveborn, with the risk of it being more rare, than have it be a breed-only dragon.

I traded a 2g Prize for one blue egg 😂 But! I checked, and it's a newer user with like 17 dragons. So good on them for managing to catch a blue one, and getting a 2g Prize out of it.

I think only blue moon eggs worth paying a premium for them in this time (The premise is you're easy to catch metal/stat/Prize/make ND/ lot of SA), because they only drop in the NR period and need to wait until the period that they come back. I saw as least 2 trade asked them using a 2G SA yesterday. (4 blue hatch/2 gold 2 blue hatch, reasonable.) Also some people are interested in collecting dragons born in release day, so the blue one are valuable to them.

For newer/player who don't have good catching skills: Ignore the blue/silver until they come back. (If the silver need to breed by blue one, high probability can't get in first release, I hope they don't need.)

For the orange one: Actually I think they're not very hard to get. Don't give up and ignore the people who asking for extremely high price, I saw someone asking for 1 hatch yesterday, also someone asking for Gold Lunar Herald and NR pygmy hatchie in this time, they're not very hard to get right? Also you can try to create a trade with: BSAs, reds/aeons are more popular, 3-4 CB hatchlings (go to AP and find some low time egg.) or NR pygmy hatchie.

For me, no one PM me yesterday so I traded some:

Spoiler

offered 1 on a Blusang egg, not yet accept, looking for its lineage to freeze

2 orange to 4 non-CB aeons, he/she asked for 1 but I offered 2

2 orange to 2 less than 5D NR pygmy, I don't know he/she looking for 1 or 2 eggs, but I would like to have more space for the upcoming blue/silver and I think one of its code is not bad?

ps. Do anyone catch a blue? The phase changed, although I don't think they will appear in new moon. I saw 4 today and all orange.

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) New

ps02. both moon are waxing gibbous on 7th-10th, better catch the blue one in this time if they appear, 11th=lunar eclipse=high probability silver, the next Cirion's waxing gibbous start at 23rd and... I don't think we have space in this time?

Edited by D-wing

Aha! I finally caught an orange/gold moon egg! With a scrambled word code too :)

Managed to catch 3 blue moon eggs on the first day and nothing since then.

loving all the hatchies, they are too cute ^^ eagerly awaiting the adults … and finding out how to get the silver egg.

Ugh....I missed it. I was able to get the pygmies but not the others. I'm not having any luck with anything lately.  I miss my computer. Upgrade went really wrong. This is the first time in a couple years I haven't managed to get the new releases.

i managed to snag three golden moon eggs from release day from the AP! i saw a couple other oranges and blues in there too but they're going pretty quickly. i also saw a couple moon eggs in the coast but i wasn't able to grab them. i haven't been checking every five minutes but there are definitely some popping up in the AP that some people might be able to grab 🥰

Edited by littlelizzie

I am sooo late to this partyyyyy but I did manage to catch some. No blue moon egg though, so anyone who's only got blue and wants a gold, we can do an exchange... just a thought.

1 hour ago, littlelizzie said:

i managed to snag three golden moon eggs from release day from the AP! 

Thank you so much, I only realized that there'd be abandoned NRs in the AP after I read this comment, and was promptly able to catch a blue NR, which was what I'd been looking for! Now I only need to catch 3 silvers and that'd be it. 

Suddenly remember that I forget to click 5 blue eggs to unlock the Encyclopedia/Market... Luckily found 3 in trading hub and 2 in click sites. alot

To anyone who want to buy the blue one in Market immediately when they appear: Take the chance to click blue eggs.

Edited by D-wing

OH MY GOD!!! the silver adult... Sonata Dragon!!! it`s so beautiful!! i love the sprite so much, birdz did such an amazing job :wub:
i can`t wait to see the pygmies as well! i`ve had so much fun on my first release! this is so wonderful..

Welp, judging by the adult description, it seems like our theories were correct. The moons dictate what colour drops, and "those born under an eclipse" have to be the silver variant. Now let's see if that means cave drops or actual breeding...

Edited by MissK.

6 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Welp, judging by the adult description, it seems like our theories were correct. The moons dictate what colour drops, and "those born under an eclipse" have to be the silver variant. Now let's see if that means cave drops or actual breeding...

Urgh...  I really hope there's a secondary eclipse mechanic in play or that it's not just the day of but a day or two before and/or after as well.  If it's literally only available one day ever 128 days that's going to be absolutely ridiculous and it might as well not exist for a lot of people.

That'd be a shame, because they're so pretty.  But I can guarantee right now if it's super limited how long they're available I won't bother with the silver ones at all outside of maybe trying to get one of each sprite.

Edited by KageSora

I really hope I'll manage to catch more than just the single golden one, they are sooo pretty! ❤️
And the pygmies are really cute aswell. :D

Edit:
OMG took me a moment of staring in awe to realize the markings on their wings differ! Such a lovely detail.

Edited by Reykur

the pygmies are adorable!!! i love them, will definitely hoard as well! and there`s still the male sprite to look forward to!
i really love the subtle difference of wing crystals between the silver and blue variants! it seems like blue has no crystals, i bet this is because Cirion is in New phase.. updating sprites based on lunar phases is such a cool thing if true!