TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

55 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Has anyone caught a moon egg from the Jungle yet? After the initial release of the pygmies, I'm curious if these eggs have started appearing in the Jungle.

I've been vaguely keeping an eye on the jungle out of curiosity and I haven't seen any, whereas I have seen the moon eggs in the other biomes. Could just be a coincidence though since I can't check every 5 minute drop

13 hours ago, Thorn4 said:

I haven't been able to find a single egg of the Moon release species, and people in trades are starting to value them insanely high with some asking for Dino eggs, and the like. 😑

Just ignore that- there's always a ton of demand for new stuff. You'll be able to catch yours eventually, or you can trade for some in a bit once the hype dies down. They should also get easier to catch once the hype is over with, since people will probably stop grabbing them instantly.

1 hour ago, Hallownest said:

I've been vaguely keeping an eye on the jungle out of curiosity and I haven't seen any, whereas I have seen the moon eggs in the other biomes. Could just be a coincidence though since I can't check every 5 minute drop

For what I've seen, Pygmies appear quite frequently at 5 min drop, so probably it was just luck. Moon eggs also appear quite frequently (not as much as algarre from last month?)

Cave time 15:05, Jungle: https://imgur.com/aKlAT8M

Cave time 15:00, Coast: https://imgur.com/wQKODoF

Edited by CuteDragons

17 hours ago, Fishkeeper said:

Edited by Draco_Sicarius
Sick of people pinging me to tell me the same crap.

8 minutes ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Yeah I've been trying to offer what is more than a fair trade for blue moons (2g pb unrelated gold wyvern pair + saltkin xeno) and people just deny so fast it's insane

Assuming your scroll name is the same as your username here, that is not a valuable trade. Your SALTkin is a messy 4th gen; not a stair and not an even gen. The only way you would trade a SALTkin for a new release would be if it is a 2G. You might get lucky with a 3rd even gen SALTkin, but it would be sheer luck. And 2G PB Golden Wyverns aren't worth much, either. Even CB Golden Wyverns aren't considered rare these days: at best, they're uncommon. You need rare CB metals, 2G SALT or other rares to have a chance at trading for new releases.

9 hours ago, MissK. said:

I keep thinking about the eclipse thing and how it would work if that's when the silver variant drops, but it feels like there's no good way to make that happen. The eclipse is only a few times a year, so unless these dragons basically flood the cave at the time (doubtful), they'll be ridiculously rare and difficult to get. What if they are a breeding alt that can only be produced at those times...? At least that would make things less competitive...I'm just struggling to picture a smooth way of introducing new CBs that are only available every 4 months or so. But of course there might be a whole other system, who knows.

That's why my hope is that they're just a normal breed alt and there's some other special mechanic at play for the lunar eclipse

People are expecting that much because they can get that much. Whether or not that's reasonable, it is the way it is. Why would someone accept less than they can get? 

My best guess/favorite guess is that they're a normal bred only alt, and maybe the lunar eclipse shifts which of blue/gold drop in cave? not too sure about that though, but I wanted to place a guess before we know better

2 minutes ago, Fishkeeper said:

People are expecting that much because they can get that much. Whether or not that's reasonable, it is the way it is. Why would someone accept less than they can get? 

Can they get that much, though?  Or are they just asking for that much?  People ask for unreasonable stuff all the time (including impossible things like out-of-season holidays or CB hybrids/bred-only alts), after all.

3 minutes ago, ravensunset said:

My best guess/favorite guess is that they're a normal bred only alt, and maybe the lunar eclipse shifts which of blue/gold drop in cave? not too sure about that though, but I wanted to place a guess before we know better

That would be interesting--it would basically make them "seasonals", which is a lot more doable.

38 minutes ago, KageSora said:

That's why my hope is that they're just a normal breed alt and there's some other special mechanic at play for the lunar eclipse

I actually meant what if they're a breed alt that can only be bred during the eclipse. Just to be clear, I don't want that, but it would be less competitive insanity than them dropping in the cave only on those days lol.

I like ravensunset's theory though, should be simple enough to keep track of.

15 hours ago, KageSora said:

Can they get that much, though?  Or are they just asking for that much?  People ask for unreasonable stuff all the time (including impossible things like out-of-season holidays or CB hybrids/bred-only alts), after all.

At least someone gets it, thank you! This practice is also not friendly at all to newcomers, who don't have egg space to hoard NR eggs like they're toilet paper, nor to 'non-rich' players that don't have pages upon pages of highly valuable dragons to breed at will for any and all possible trades.

Edited by Draco_Sicarius
For the love of God, stop pinging me to tell me newbies can get good stuff. I know; more than enough have informed me, so stop harrassing me when I've already moved on.

21 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I actually meant what if they're a breed alt that can only be bred during the eclipse. Just to be clear, I don't want that, but it would be less competitive insanity than them dropping in the cave only on those days lol.

I like ravensunset's theory though, should be simple enough to keep track of.

Oh, yeah, I know--but it would still be a problem if you aren't able to be online on that one specific day to breed your dragons, it would make building your own lineages a huge annoyance for a non-holiday dragon to be that limited.

22 minutes ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

At least someone gets it, thank you! This practice is also not friendly at all to newcomers, who don't have egg space to hoard NR eggs like they're toilet paper, nor to 'non-rich' players that don't have pages upon pages of highly valuable dragons to breed at will for any and all possible trades.

To be fair, there's always going to be stuff that new players will not get.  A CB gold doesn't drop in value just because new players don't have rare dragons to trade for one.

But NRs are always a little weird with people asking for wildly rare things before we have any actual idea what the rarity will end up settling into.  It may be they do end up that rare, or it may be that they're just uncommon at best and worth nowhere near that much.

I mean if people WANT to fork over super mega rare stuff in the name of convenience that's up to them, but there's no guarantee these will actually be rare enough to justify such requests.

50 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Seriously. There's no way I'd give away a CB metal and/or Stat for a simple NR that may or may not be somewhat valuable within the next week or so. People asking for the impossible for NRs has always annoyed me. 

I would never pay a high price for an NR egg. Patience is your friend. Chances are the difficulty in catching them right now is that the demand is very high because people want them right away. Generally, in a week or so the demand has died and they are much easier to catch. If they are going to be rare then maybe you will have to pay those higher prices somewhere down the road anyway, but why pay now before we know?

I mean for all you know that CB gold you traded was for a dragon that ended up common as mud lol

3 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I mean for all you know that CB gold you traded was for a dragon that ended up common as mud lol

I saw someone earlier offering a cheese for 1-2 NR. Maybe it's different for some but I just can't imagine trading an unbreedable for a NR.

7 minutes ago, KageSora said:

My thoughts exactly, and I wouldn't be able to stop myself from laughing at these users. 

Ooh, looks like I missed a new release. Can't wait to see these babies grown up (and for us to figure out how the ones with the three variants work!).

24 minutes ago, lucky15371 said:

I saw someone earlier offering a cheese for 1-2 NR. Maybe it's different for some but I just can't imagine trading an unbreedable for a NR.

That's different for some BECAUSE Cheeses are unbreedable. ;) If you're into the breeding aspect of the game (like me), a Cheese simply isn't that interesting.

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

Maybe! Check out what folks are offering- good lineage low gen metals (including a 3rd gen sAlt gold, 2nd gen gold, and 2nd gen silver), a CB silver for multiple moons, a Cheese for blue moons (says "2 auto"), a low-gen tinsel plus a yellow sapphire, all sorts of good stuff. 

The upside of this is that, if you're a new player who manages to catch an extra NR, you can probably trade it for something pretty darned good. I've already traded an extra for two 2nd gen Aeons, and I probably could have gotten more if I'd been willing to wait and watch. 

Trading will always favor folks with a scroll full of rare dragons, there's really no way around that. If you didn't get enough of the NRs, just wait a couple months; you should be able to trade for them fairly easily. Or get them in the Market if it comes to that. No need to participate in the hype if you don't want to.

A lot of people also trade new releases once they find out what the adults look like. You can usually have better luck getting your dragons once TJ's have grown up.  We've only got 13 hours until we see adults. 

4 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

For what I've seen, Pygmies appear quite frequently at 5 min drop, so probably it was just luck. Moon eggs also appear quite frequently (not as much as algarre from last month?)

Cave time 15:05, Jungle: https://imgur.com/aKlAT8M

Cave time 15:00, Coast: https://imgur.com/wQKODoF

I didn't mean the pygmy eggs - I meant the eggs w/the "glows with the light of the moon" in the description. I was curious if those eggs were supposed to be found in the jungle too (but got drowned out by the pygmies during the flood) but I don't think so. Sorry if I was unclear!

3 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Look, bottom line is, people are expecting way too much for this new release.

You're correct about that.

However, you're also expecting way too much for your trades. Almost nobody is going to trade a scarce CB, even a common one, for a messy lineaged spriters alt descendent or a 2g wyvern. You need to be realistic about what people want-- most people don't collect lineages like the ones youre offering, and the ones who do usually get them by swapping with other players collecting the same thing!

You have to either wait for the NRs to be more common, or offer something moderately desirable that you don't need any more of, like a CB uncommon or some BSA hatchies or something.

The people asking for CB stats for a single NR egg are delusional, there's nobody who can catch a CB stat who needs an NR egg that badly!

9 minutes ago, Hallownest said:

I didn't mean the pygmy eggs - I meant the eggs w/the "glows with the light of the moon" in the description. I was curious if those eggs were supposed to be found in the jungle too (but got drowned out by the pygmies during the flood) but I don't think so. Sorry if I was unclear!

It seems to be only the pygmies in the jungle. ;)