Firefury Amahira

"Stuff the AP" challenge 2023- US Thanksgiving week

Oh dang! I thought it'd be another day or so before we'd see the impact. This is awesome! Major thanks everybody joining in!

Got through all rest of my 1,188 Sapphires that hadn't already been bred earlier in the week - about 16 pages of Action Log!

I dropped about 150? 200? eggs into AP between yesterday and today and lol bruh it took much longer than I expected. Bunch of random paired even gen xeno (yes stat effort, and also for a lineage effort), and about 110 eggs from cb code pairs.

Havnen't gotten any code from code this round yet, and I still have 800 ish cb codes to go through. At this moment I'm just like, not wanting to move a finger lol

On 11/22/2022 at 8:43 PM, meeps114 said:

I've bred about 70 eggs to the AP over the past couple of days. Still working my way through CB and 2gs, with some BSAs thrown in :D

Ended up with a little over 100 eggs sent to the AP in total. I mostly stuck to breeding more "desirable" eggs (clean lineages, 2g, BSAs) even tho I love a good messy lineage. It was definitely fun! I found out I'm lacking in purple dragons to prevent refusals lol. I'll send out some more here or there over the rest of the week, but my CBs are all bred as far as I'm aware. Now I just need hatchis to grow up so I can pick up more eggs!

11 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Oh dang! I thought it'd be another day or so before we'd see the impact. This is awesome! Major thanks everybody joining in!

It sure went faster with 42's mints and those carmines blocking almost everything else yesterday. ;) 

Between yesterday and so far today, another 650 to the AP.

Took a break from pairing CBs and did some celestials with assorted BSA dragons 😄 They're messy but hey, they Influence/Incubate/Summon just the same.

Edited by Stromboli

I've never bred so many dragons before. I stopped counting a while back. Trying to breed only 2nd gens and pretty even gens. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel 🤣

If anyone is wondering, the AP is currently full of eggs from Sunday midday. Less than one day of coordinated massbreeding has already knocked it down so far, I can't wait to see what it looks like later.

58 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

Somehow this is gonna be a disaster I just know it

A beautiful disaster! 😆 A non-holiday, holiday-level technicolor wall! And for once my blacktips are just a tiny drop in the bucket it sounds like!

there's only a little over 200 eggs in the clinic on AOND right now, when yesterday there was almost 800

How many of yall are scroll-locked?

I bred my two shimmer lineage collections + BSAs and tossed their eggs in. Not much, but figuring out mates and names for my dragons without mates is too much mental energy rn @_@ Seeing the AP get so low is pretty great!

as of today I've bred 223 galvanics, 181 truffles and trufflekins, 243 code pairs and 350 others for a total of 997 eggs :) I also dropped 2 market shinies so good luck! (if they don't end up dying that is)

I'd like to at least do the rest of my truffles and nonstandards, not sure if I'll do my entire scroll since its pretty tiring and it looks like we've made quite a sizable dent already!

How do the AP times work? I always thought more eggs would mean longer time on them on average.

2 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

How do the AP times work? I always thought more eggs would mean longer time on them on average.

Nope, the volume of eggs doesn't change the time those eggs get. When there's more eggs than players can (or want) to take, the AP times decrease as eggs sit there. When there's fewer eggs and lots of players wanting them, the AP times go up because eggs don't stay put as long.

What we're seeing here is similar to what happens during a holiday event like Halloween, Xmas, or Valentines where there are just way more eggs being produced than active players can take, and the backlog is causing those AP egg timers to tick way, way down.

3 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

More eggs means they spend a longer amount of time sitting in queue before they actually hit the AP, so they have a shorter amount of time left before they die

Ahh ok thankyou. :) I get it. 

Are we still doing this? If so I'll do some breeding too.

19 minutes ago, _Ro_ said:

Ahh ok thankyou. :) I get it. 

Are we still doing this? If so I'll do some breeding too.

Go for it! I spitballed this entire week for the mega massbreed because I figured folks have holiday plans and the like to work around too. The more eggs the merrier! :D

12 hours ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

figuring out mates and names for my dragons without mates is too much mental energy rn

I ended up just picking random mates for the ones that didn't already have mates

The AP looks great so far! Flamingos haven't even hit yet, and I've kept going with other stuff. Still need to go through my pygmies and put those new painted rays to good use :) can't wait to see what this looks like in a day or two!