Firefury Amahira

"Stuff the AP" challenge 2023- US Thanksgiving week

I bred all my cbs back on the 20th, today finished off the higher gen ones I had the energy to 😅 have a little under 100 dragons still on my availabile to breed list but pretty much only those I can't find ok mates to

bred about 700-750 dragons, there are some nice things out there(i can confirm of the existence of at least one pb metal, a 3g thuwed, various 3g salts)

Ap has officially hit the "below 2 days" mark, it'll be interesting to see how all the eggs still in queue drive times

WOW this is impressive. Is the breeding effort still going on through today? If so I might spend some time to breed more things I didn't have time to breed later tonight, maybe contribute another ~100-200 eggs to the end of the queue xD

59 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

WOW this is impressive. Is the breeding effort still going on through today? If so I might spend some time to breed more things I didn't have time to breed later tonight, maybe contribute another ~100-200 eggs to the end of the queue xD

The more the merrier! I plan on doing another blacktip batch tonight. :D

Got through 7.5 pages action log worth of breeding, so about 350 eggs, all 2G from two coded parents.

wondering how many code from codes there are in this batch, was too tired to even try to check

man that was wild, took me an entire hour! And that's even when I decided to forget about checking codes and directly went to breed while locked (so they all auto abandon), how do people breed 1000 eggs in one go lol

Edited by Moriaty

Honestly, that went way better than I could ever have hoped! I saw times get down to about 1d18h before times started recovering. Many, many thanks to everybody who joined in!

Maaaybe... you guys wanna make this an annual November tradition? 😁

7 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Yes!!

On 12/1/2022 at 1:34 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Honestly, that went way better than I could ever have hoped! I saw times get down to about 1d18h before times started recovering.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see that as a good thing. Many beautiful eggs are destined to gender wrong and spoil what could have been lovely lineages. What is the up side of that?

I am all for lower AP times up to a point. But when they drop below 3 days that negates any benefit that I see. Eggs at 3d 1h are still almost instant hatchies and at least can be influenced.

Go ahead and have your fun, if you must, but I will not be joining you. I did breed a few of my own, but I will avoid breeding during that time frame if you do it again.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:34 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Absolutely 😆 I had a great time. I think the lowest I saw was 1d 15h, not bad for a non-holiday period.

And I didn't even get through breeding all my cbs! 😅 I'll have to be more organized and diligent next year!

It really turned out great! I'd definitely be down to do it again next November for sure! I get that there's no guarantee that you'll gender correctly for everything, but I just freeze those and use them for collecting cool names, then go catch more lol. 

On 12/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Yay! Every year's crazy time! I'm in 😆  

Thanks for opportunity to breed 800+ eggs just bec I wanted to join to this funny madness

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Many beautiful eggs are destined to gender wrong and spoil what could have been lovely lineages.

Depending on what sort of lineage it is and what generation it is, you could always do an alternating pattern and breed up mates for it.  So, say it's an AB checker.  You have that pattern for 2 gens, then it genders wrong.  Change the pattern to a BA checker!  Then, 2 gens later, return to AB--it can create an interesting look.  Obviously that gets impossible in some cases or very difficult in others, but it can be a creative way to deal with "oops this gendered wrong".  (I've deliberately done that sort of thing where I change the pattern between generations as the entire goal of the lineage--it can look pretty neat!)

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that at this point I largely prefer to keep every lineage I work with 100% in-house these days, I'd actually gleefully grab a whole lot more from the AP and then breed up some alternating ones.  Might actually do that anyway, though, at least with a few of them.  Just for fun.

Obviously not something that will appeal to everyone, so I get not wanting to participate next time after seeing how it turned out this year, but just an idea!

On 12/1/2022 at 12:34 AM, Firefury Amahira said:

Hm, that might be fun to do again~  Especially if I plan better next year so that I don't have a bunch of dragons that I'm just pairing off randomly.  By then I should have hopefully gotten a few more of my Less Pretty lineages cleaned up and replaced with nicer ones to dump even more good stuff to the AP.

Holy gravedig, Batman!

So we're sneaking up on November and there was talk of doing this again...

Last year's "Stuff the AP" week was a resounding success, with the collective efforts of loads of players very nearly replicating the impact of a post-holiday AP wall without the holiday. We drove AP times down from 5d+ to a mere 1d18h over the course of November 20-27th of 2022.

But I believe that we can do better than that.

So from November 19-26 (aka US Thanksgiving week), how about we give it another go? It's been a year, we all have even more dragons and even more interesting breeds to play with now. Let's take another crack at the technicolor multi-species massbreeding extravaganza to beat all massbreeds!

Got a massive single-breed army? Breed it! Got lots of carefully crafted, beautiful lineages? Breed it! Got a bunch of BSAs? Breed it! Just joined the site and only have a few dragons so far? Breed it! Got some messy inbred freeze-fodder lineages? Breed it! Prizekin, SAltkin, holidaykin and rarekin? Breed it!

Let's play a site-wide game of limbo with the AP timer; how low can we make it go? The only limit is our own carpal tunnel resistance! 

This sounds fun! I don't have much yet but I can definitely throw in a few eggs to participate!

I am in, to a degree. 

I detest finding checker eggs that are going to gender wrong, with nothing I can do to change that, so I will be focusing on PBs. I have a lot of those.

I will join! I have rotten luck with breeding, but I'll be working on picking out pairs to breed for the project - I need a group with a bunch of my dragon pairing anyways

i wasn't able to participate last year, but hopefully i'll remember to this year. i have a lot more dragons now