Firefury Amahira

"Stuff the AP" challenge 2023- US Thanksgiving week

I gave myself hand and wrist cramps shoveling the Halloween AP for days, and it still died.

there are massbreeders who contributed to StAP that haven’t posted in this thread & I don’t think there’s a big enough shovel for all the eggs in the AP 👀

30 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

I gave myself hand and wrist cramps shoveling the Halloween AP for days, and it still died.

there are massbreeders who contributed to StAP that haven’t posted in this thread & I don’t think there’s a big enough shovel for all the eggs in the AP 👀

This, I think the death wall is inevitable. But also if people want to shovel, that's alright imo! If that's how you wanna play the game, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I for one am excited for potential neglecteds, but if people wanna try and make a hatchie wall, that's fun too! Just extends stAP :)

forgive me as I'm still getting the hang of some mechanics; as I understand it abandoning an egg should extend its timer, correct? I tried to sift some <10hr eggs yesterday but they returned to the AP with the same time limit. Is it similar to cave hunting cooldowns where I have to hold onto them for a certain amount of time?

21 minutes ago, Silmavra said:

forgive me as I'm still getting the hang of some mechanics; as I understand it abandoning an egg should extend its timer, correct? I tried to sift some <10hr eggs yesterday but they returned to the AP with the same time limit. Is it similar to cave hunting cooldowns where I have to hold onto them for a certain amount of time?

I don't think that will extend the timer, no. But if you take eggs, and hatch them, they will have another 7 days as hatchlings, and you can abandon hatchlings.

I'm also a bit unsure on some mechanics... can eggs in the AP just turn neglected if they get to low? And if so, can you still save them? Or are they doomed at that point?

14 minutes ago, Zonnedauw said:

I'm also a bit unsure on some mechanics... can eggs in the AP just turn neglected if they get to low? And if so, can you still save them? Or are they doomed at that point?

If people put them in hatcheries they can 1. hatch and then be caught as a hatchie or grow up wild 2. Become a neglected hatchie and be caught or grow up wild 3. Still die if they run out of time without enough views

The 2g thuweds bred to the AP were all hatched very early and are now probably going to grow up wild as a result

Just dropped off a bunch more eggs! As of writing, we are at 2 days and 4 hours! Lets go!!

7 hours ago, meeps114 said:

This, I think the death wall is inevitable. But also if people want to shovel, that's alright imo! If that's how you wanna play the game, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I for one am excited for potential neglecteds, but if people wanna try and make a hatchie wall, that's fun too! Just extends stAP :)

I feel like folks thinking that this will reach Death Wall levels are way more optimistic than I am about the egg load. 😅 Last year we got it down to about 1d18h, which although pretty dang impressive was still nowhere near Death Wall territory. But who knows? It definitely sounds like there are a lot more people participating this year than last year; would be kinda cool to prove that we can replicate a holiday wall impact without the holiday!

1 hour ago, Firefury Amahira said:

I feel like folks thinking that this will reach Death Wall levels are way more optimistic than I am about the egg load. 😅 Last year we got it down to about 1d18h, which although pretty dang impressive was still nowhere near Death Wall territory. But who knows? It definitely sounds like there are a lot more people participating this year than last year; would be kinda cool to prove that we can replicate a holiday wall impact without the holiday!

I'm still plucking eggs bred the 19th as of a few mins ago to give some perspective lol; Arcy's galvanic wall is still going pretty strong

50+ so far for today and yesterday. With some sAlty guardians thrown in~. hoping to breed more this weekend. I'm hoping to do a couple hundred tomorrow to finish things off! 

I also doubt that the wall will die unless something big pushes the playerbase, such as a surprise release. Holiday walls have tens of thousands of eggs thanks to multiclutches, and we still managed to get all but the last 2.5 hours of the Halloween wall hatched. It has taken a little bit for AP hunters/shovelers to "wake up" because less people watch the AP outside of holiday breeding, but things are starting to move a bit faster now. It was verrrry slow between the 4d 0h and 3d 0h marks despite being ER, though a decent number of folks did bred their big hoards on the very first day.

Time comparison:
10PM - AP at 2d 0h
6AM - AP at 1d 22h
4PM - AP at 1d 23h

somebody (me) got impatient and put a bunch of my hatchable AP eggs (I bred them, nobody picked them up yet because of the backlog) into hatching site soooo yeah the AP is now gonna have a couple dozen of my babies pre-hatched in it later lol. so for anyone who's egglocked, good luck! no death wall eggs for me lmao. worst case scenario I get a bunch of live wild dragon spawn running around.

Edited by bord

I don't think I'll be able to breed any more dragons before midnight tonight. I've got 71 total if my math is correct, spreadsheet is here. Now we just wait and see how low it goes! :D 

Sent another 366 eggos to the AP between last night and this evening ✌️

EDIT: Added it up, and altogether I sent 1,810 eggs to the AP over the course of the week 🥳

Edited by Sunrunner

180+ eggs sent to finish things up for the week. Added in reds and pinks at the end! 

In total, I sent 450-500 eggs. I'm really impressed by people who sent more than that. I tried to pair my dragons up in ways that I enjoy (tried to keep away from messies unless they were BSAs) and I feel like that slowed me down quite a bit. Many of my CBs hadn't been bred yet. I suppose that I'll have a head start for next year, but I'm sure that I'll have many more CBs anyways lol. I want to beef up my guardian hoard at the very least, those guys are easier to pair up lol. Walls really seem to pull the AP time down, so I'd like to contribute a sizable one next year. 

Edited by meeps114

Well, unless there's a late wall coming in, I saw the AP bottom out at 1d13h, which did beat last year's efforts! :D

27 minutes ago, Silmavra said:

don't we still have a couple days to go? I'm still pulling eggs from the 23rd

Well, the week we would massbreed is over, but I guess we'll still have low AP times for a while, so plenty of time to collect the spoils :)

I just counted and managed to get 17 new species out of this event, most of them nice checkers or purebred, even a few CB! Again, thanks to all the breeders who participated, I had a blast!

Here's everything I collected from the AP this week: Stuff the AP 2023 but I'll probably add to that in the coming days until AP times go back up 😁