TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

3 hours ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

Another Team Umbra member bites the dust in Snow Wars...oops. But you would think the game might be tweaked so that you don't attack your own teammates. 

I'm not sure how points work for that game, but if it's by experience gain then attacking your own people might actually be preferable... you get the XP for damaging stuff, and they get the XP for repairing it, and if you're both on the same team that's double the points 🤔

I wish we could convert our candy-canes to something else, like maybe divide it among resources in Snow Wars. I now have over 10k candy and nothing to 'spend' it on, I have all the ornaments and such unlocked.

Aww no holiday cooking minigame this year. I was hoping to get a complete collection of all the different food

I'm in Pharos. See if I care what happens to EITHER other team. :D 

Edited by Fuzzbucket

at this point, i have given up on team Pharos, nothing we can do about it, we are the least active team in the game, perhaps future events will be split into 2 teams instead 🤣

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I wish we could convert our candy-canes to something else, like maybe divide it among resources in Snow Wars. I now have over 10k candy and nothing to 'spend' it on, I have all the ornaments and such unlocked.

Seeing how they carry over every year why do we have days on the calendar that give candy still instead of opening more games? It's not like we dont have enough of them now. I also have thousands of them I can't use. 

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Seeing how they carry over every year why do we have days on the calendar that give candy still instead of opening more games? It's not like we dont have enough of them now. I also have thousands of them I can't use. 

There are new players to this game every year. I'm sure they appreciate the help - they haven't had nearly as long as some of us to gather all of the decorations. 

59 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

There are new players to this game every year. I'm sure they appreciate the help - they haven't had nearly as long as some of us to gather all of the decorations. 

This is true. Still, it would be nice to be able to spend the candy on *something*, for all those players who also played previous years and have a ton of candy just sitting there and nothing to do with it. The first few days of the event I even tried to fill my candy-bar each day, getting 300 (or close to it) more candy each day, because I had assumed there would be *something* to spend it on eventually. 

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is true. Still, it would be nice to be able to spend the candy on *something*, for all those players who also played previous years and have a ton of candy just sitting there and nothing to do with it. The first few days of the event I even tried to fill my candy-bar each day, getting 300 (or close to it) more candy each day, because I had assumed there would be *something* to spend it on eventually. 

There were new decorations added just this year lol. There's going to be a point no matter what where all of the old players are just going to be sitting on currency; that's just the reality. It takes time and effort to add decorations, the fact that we got new decorations (for old events!) on top of all of these new games is surprising, honestly. For all we know there could be another decoration event down the line that's going to require you to buy new things again.... then we will all be happy we sat on the candy! xD

Edited by schenanigans

7 hours ago, Meruru said:

at this point, i have given up on team Pharos, nothing we can do about it, we are the least active team in the game, perhaps future events will be split into 2 teams instead 🤣

yeah. Same here. I also haven't understood how the points are given. On the first day we were better than now, but still the score showed 0 points overall.

I think me and the Mana game may at last be becoming friends. I don't know if 1,700 is a good score there, but I'm winning more now! Go Team Umbra!!  😁

I recall being very good at the mana game before but I have forgotten my strategy and don't really feel like trying to get it back. XD I love the tetris game, so I will just play that and the snowball one. :)

A huge thanks, if I didn't say it before, to all those who work so hard to bring us these events! Even though I have less time this year to invest in all of it I still appreciate the effort that went into it. And I really enjoy the timing of it, coming after most of the Christmas hustle and bustle is over when (theoretically) we have more time for games.

2 hours ago, schenanigans said:

For all we know there could be another decoration event down the line that's going to require you to buy new things again.... then we will all be happy we sat on the candy! xD

Oohhh now I'm coming up with tons of ideas of other holiday-themed decorating! So many possibilities.... (In the past we've had some events where sprites temporarily change in some way, and we had that one costume dress-up event for Halloween, something like that would be fun to revisit as a holiday decorating event!)

I keep putting off my tree decorating because I'm just not sure how I want it to look. I have some of the new decorations on there, but I'm not sure if I want it to be all new ones or a mixture or... Eh, I'll just go back to fiddling with my snow fort, lol.

I had a game of Mana Alchemy that seemed like it was never going to end. Definitely my highest score!

Screenshot_20220101-165809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eae450e08c38f82f855e0a2dbe17d69c.jpg

On the other hand, I am useless at Cocoa Rush and Delivery Race. I am playing on my phone which is not my preferred platform for games that rely on speed and movement.

@BringsTheSnow  Woooah! That's an awesome score, wow! 

How to know you are having way too much fun with little pixel items: Start randomly singing 'trebuchet, trebuchet, treb-treb-treb-treb-trebuchet!' while using them to nuke other's forts. 😃

No holiday cooking? Am sad……But the new holiday dragons are beautiful!

I'm a bit disappointed with the Christmas event.

1. I would love to have the possibility to rotate the screen in the Delivery race and the Cocoa sth - this way it is unnatural to me. Therefore, the only game I play is the Snowball Raffle

2. I would love to have the last years Gingerbread, Wreath, Tree and Fort saved forever and the possibllity to decorate new ones instead without spoiling what had been done before

3. that also applies to Sno Fort - I decorated it, now it is ruined, why can't we start a new game without destroying the previous one?

4. I hate team games - why was it selected arbitrary to which team we belong? I would like to have an option of choosing the colours (I hate pink/magenta, I would love orange....)

3 hours ago, agajol said:

I'm a bit disappointed with the Christmas event.

Same, sadly. 

Really was looking forward to more new games. Cocoa Rush was fun. Wasnt realy interested in Snowball Shuffle.

Also, this is the 2nd year in a row where I could not get Snow Wars to work.  Had no interest  in changing my wreath, tree and house for I like them the way I originally did them years ago. Which left   Cookie Decorating, Tetris and Mana Alchemy which were okay the first year they appeared.   So...... *sigh*

Do like the new dragon  though, quite gorgeous. 

3 hours ago, agajol said:

1. I would love to have the possibility to rotate the screen in the Delivery race and the Cocoa sth - this way it is unnatural to me. Therefore, the only game I play is the Snowball Raffle

I'm not sure I understand. Device orientation is up to you. I've absolutely played all of the games on my phone in landscape and portrait (and definitely prefer landscape, myself).

I play on my laptop only - the skier goes down the screen - when the obstacle appears I tend to press the opposite key. If it went upwards it would be more natural. You could imagine you were the skier.

With the cocoa rush - the people go from left to right. My brain functions better when the movement is the other way round.

Personally, I like that we can redo our wreath/tree/candy house. I don't want to change the basics of what I did initially, because I like it so much, but when I redo them each holiday, I change the color scheme =3

5 hours ago, agajol said:

4. I hate team games - why was it selected arbitrary to which team we belong? I would like to have an option of choosing the colours (I hate pink/magenta, I would love orange....)

I imagine part of the reason we couldn't chose teams is for balance. What if 60% of players wanted to be on the same team, that would only leave 40% of players spread out over the other two teams. That said, I'm not too fond of the whole 'team competitions' aspect myself. 

2 hours ago, agajol said:

I play on my laptop only - the skier goes down the screen - when the obstacle appears I tend to press the opposite key. If it went upwards it would be more natural. You could imagine you were the skier.

With the cocoa rush - the people go from left to right. My brain functions better when the movement is the other way round.

I believe the skiing game is modeled after the old SkiFree game (at least, it's very similar to that), which also went down. For those of us used to this type of skiing game, having it go up would feel just as unnatural as it going down feels for you. (I don't play a ton of skiing games, but to my mind it makes completely sense that it goes down... You are skiing downhill, after all..)

@HeatherMarie maybe.

I just would love the possibility of choosing the direction. An option in the game to rotate the screen.

BTW - the games don't work on Chrome on Win8

TEAM MAGIEA UNITE!

No one else was going to do it...

I'm sorry it took so long to make it though.

Pharos and Umbra, y'all gotta make your own.