TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but thank you, @TJ09, for adding the countdown timer to the event page! :) (There's been a distinct absence of 'when does this end?' posts!)

I do wish Snow Wars would stop giving me my teammates' forts to attack. :P

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but thank you, @TJ09, for adding the countdown timer to the event page! :) (There's been a distinct absence of 'when does this end?' posts!)

Yes! Very very helpful, and hopefully less people will be caught off-guard when it ends. 

So, I might have spent like a full hour last night screenshotting every single decoration/item in Snow Wars.... No, I'm not addicted at all, why do you ask? :P  I'm just continually in awe with these events, how much time and effort must go into spriting all of these little items (plus different sprites for 'destroyed' items! I love the little puddles when an ice wall is destroyed). And the pun-tastic item descriptions make me smile every single time I look at them. 

I just noticed the wall lanterns in someone else's fort today. I don't recall seeing them before. "Come along, Pond."

For anyone still curious about team Umbra's success, maybe I should reveal that I've got plenty of strategic advice during this event!teamumbra.png.b5a36cc3a5cf4d556a124ccc2dc5031a.png

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

strategic advice

My strategic advice has amounted to a general disinterest in stepping on the keyboard - for now, for the most part.  It's been neat to be on Team Umbra, at any rate.  I suspect we ALL could benefit from a win after the last couple difficult years, though.

I'm mostly here, though, because I wanted to ask: are there other games out there in the ether that are similar to Mana Alchemy?  I see, for instance, the 2048 corollary in the winter games. 

I missed the first time Mana Alchemy came around, and I'm weirdly fond of it now I've finally found a rhythm to it.  I only wish I could contribute to my team score and not just my candy bank by playing.

As a Pharos member - may I point out that WE are aiming for the booby prize. And aren't we doing well !

Booby Prize Wooden Spoon Funny 30cm Gift Mothers Day Quiz Fathers Day Xmas  : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Varislapsi Awww cutie kitties! 

image.jpeg.df9bc11ec20d28b7187fd33c3b3353fc.jpeg

I will never be able to spend all these ice/snow resources! Wish the mana shards (I'm assuming that's what the red one is?) were a little more plentiful in the spawned resources though, that count looks so sad next to all the others.

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Varislapsi Awww cutie kitties! 

image.jpeg.df9bc11ec20d28b7187fd33c3b3353fc.jpeg

I will never be able to spend all these ice/snow resources! Wish the mana shards (I'm assuming that's what the red one is?) were a little more plentiful in the spawned resources though, that count looks so sad next to all the others.

Clearly belongs to Pharos....

7 hours ago, Melusina said:

My strategic advice has amounted to a general disinterest in stepping on the keyboard - for now, for the most part.  It's been neat to be on Team Umbra, at any rate.  I suspect we ALL could benefit from a win after the last couple difficult years, though.

I'm mostly here, though, because I wanted to ask: are there other games out there in the ether that are similar to Mana Alchemy?  I see, for instance, the 2048 corollary in the winter games. 

I missed the first time Mana Alchemy came around, and I'm weirdly fond of it now I've finally found a rhythm to it.  I only wish I could contribute to my team score and not just my candy bank by playing.

Mana Alchemy is based on the old PC game named Alchemy! Don't know how playable it is these days, I remember playing it when I was twelve and I'm 31 now, but knowing the name should help finding playable versions.

Also, because I'm very late to the party. 

Thank you TJ and artists for the event!

And the new dragons are beautiful! Yay for Lindwyrms! Did we get any info on them?

Also, I COMPLETELY MISSED THE WALL! :(

Lastly, 

22 hours ago, Shokomon said:

TEAM MAGIEA UNITE!

No one else was going to do it...

I'm sorry it took so long to make it though.

Pharos and Umbra, y'all gotta make your own.

Um so I just discovered that I am an idiot. Was sitting here like "where are all these games people are talking about? All I can find are the same silly games from the advent" ...I wasn't clicking the right thing apparently. Time to try and get SOME points for my team in the last phew days!

I'm late, but the new holiday dragons look amazing, thanks to everyone involved for yet another wonderful new release! 

I've been having a ton of fun figuring out how to play Mana Alchemy. When I attempted playing in previous years I just couldn't figure out a good strategy for it, but now that I've got the hang of it, it's easily become one of my favorites!

Edited by Rhikasa

I've basically lost interest in this event due to being stuck on team Pharos and we've been at the bottom the whole event.

But other than that, I like Cocoa Rush and Snowball Shuffle a lot. Also the new dragons are lovely!

5 hours ago, blackmoonflower said:

I've basically lost interest in this event due to being stuck on team Pharos and we've been at the bottom the whole event.

But other than that, I like Cocoa Rush and Snowball Shuffle a lot. Also the new dragons are lovely!

No no - we are doing OK: and we don't have to DO anything ! We haven't even gained a single point since this time yesterday ! Go us !

21 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As a Pharos member - may I point out that WE are aiming for the booby prize. And aren't we doing well !

Booby Prize Wooden Spoon Funny 30cm Gift Mothers Day Quiz Fathers Day Xmas  : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

At last - I've finally got over 5,000 on cocoa!  Go Team Umbra!

(Now to try and get 10,000 on Delivery run! 😄)

If I calculated the point allocations correctly, the only way Umbra could still lose is for them to go bronze in every single game from this point on, and have Mageia win gold every time.

15 minutes ago, Quinney said:

At last - I've finally got over 5,000 on cocoa!  Go Team Umbra!

(Now to try and get 10,000 on Delivery run! 😄)

Well done! Not sure if 10k on Delivery Run is possible, but I can confirm that going over 9000 should be. I distinctly remember getting 9011 points once. I played on mobile with some lag, though. In addition to avoiding obstacles, a key element is slipping on ice whenever you can. Usually for me, that means I crash into a tree right below the ice at 100 mph...

4 minutes ago, Platykwak said:

If I calculated the point allocations correctly, the only way Umbra could still lose is for them to go bronze in every single game from this point on, and have Mageia win gold every time.

Well done! Not sure if 10k on Delivery Run is possible, but I can confirm that going over 9000 should be. I distinctly remember getting 9011 points once. I played on mobile with some lag, though. In addition to avoiding obstacles, a key element is slipping on ice whenever you can. Usually for me, that means I crash into a tree right below the ice at 100 mph...

I just thought the scores would continue to go up, with the fast gamers on here.   My handicap is my age and slowness!  And yes, many, many tree and boulder crashes. 

Apologies if it was stated somewhere but are the Team Points going to affect anything in the end (ex. Badge color)?

Or is it honestly just to add a little spice to playing the games?

2 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Apologies if it was stated somewhere but are the Team Points going to affect anything in the end (ex. Badge color)?

Or is it honestly just to add a little spice to playing the games?

Maybe they'll give out prize dragons based on score? Probably not, but that'd be nice.

i know this is my problem, not the site's, but snow wars 2 won't work for me on any of my devices (phone, tablet, laptop). i can only imagine the state of disrepair my fort is in!

1 hour ago, miaou said:

i know this is my problem, not the site's, but snow wars 2 won't work for me on any of my devices (phone, tablet, laptop). i can only imagine the state of disrepair my fort is in!

Any idea why? It's strange that you have multiple devices and it doesn't work on any. Anyways, damage won't show in the saved version after the event, so that's good at least. 

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Any idea why? It's strange that you have multiple devices and it doesn't work on any. Anyways, damage won't show in the saved version after the event, so that's good at least. 

my guess is some combination of slow/overloaded internet and outdated technology, so that's on me. :3 but if the damage won't show, i won't worry - thanks for telling me that! 💚

I decided to retire from hurling devastation at other people, some being my very own Team Umbra teammates. I also kind of did not like how my fort looked just so random, obviously it was meant for warfare, but had no rhyme or reason to it. So I made this!

https://dragcave.net/holidays18/Silenxia

I love daffodils and my idea is the two dragons are having a winter tea party. Just hope it doesn't freeze in the kettle or cups.

3 hours ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

I decided to retire from hurling devastation at other people, some being my very own Team Umbra teammates. I also kind of did not like how my fort looked just so random, obviously it was meant for warfare, but had no rhyme or reason to it. So I made this!

https://dragcave.net/holidays18/Silenxia

I love daffodils and my idea is the two dragons are having a winter tea party. Just hope it doesn't freeze in the kettle or cups.

That looks great, they really do look like they are having a little tea party! My fort is currently a cluttered mess with all the weapons, but I know exactly how I want it to look in the end so I plan to just remove the weapons and tidy up on the last day. 

Edited by HeatherMarie
typos...

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

That looks great, they really do look like they are having a little tea party! My fort is currently a cluttered mess with all the weapons, but I know exactly how I want it to look in the end so I plan to just remove the weapons and tidy up on the last day. 

Same here.