TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

My plans are to catch another omen wyrm and revamp my garden before the event ends.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, Lagie said:

I think the wiki has that info.

Turns out it did- I should have checked it before making that post. 😓

I kind of panicked in the middle of the event and "gave up" and ended up with a messy overgrown graveyard theme. That has a lovely field in the front.

Here is the mess:

Spoiler

halloweengardengraveyard.thumb.png.33fd7987068df842f37fe9aa99231102.png

17 minutes ago, lunabeans said:

someone tell me to stop adding kittens to my farm 😆

Add MORE kittens!

26 minutes ago, lunabeans said:

someone tell me to stop adding kittens to my farm 😆

Add ALL the kittens!!

I kinda love my mess of a farm, I'm basically using the 'if there is a single free space I'm not done yet' mentality, lol.

All of your farms look so evenly grown with plants.

Mine still look rather plain. ^^'

Don't think I get it done before the event ends. Started to late and I always seem to be out of energy.

And, yes, I think you should add more kitten, too. :)

Edited by Silverdrak

Does anyone remember how many candies the first trick or treat event had? I'm at like... 60 and... am hoping it's over soon. lmao...

I got no coins left lol. I suppose my garden is going to be looking like this forever from now on. Apparently one of the fences that I placed as decoration inhibited the growth of one of my eye stalks and I only noticed just now. And I was wondering why it wasn't growing. Rip lol

image.png.57cacf41f8ec400bad3aa5aef753c80d.png

14 minutes ago, Loveless3173 said:

Does anyone remember how many candies the first trick or treat event had? I'm at like... 60 and... am hoping it's over soon. lmao...

1 hour ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

I kind of panicked in the middle of the event and "gave up" and ended up with a messy overgrown graveyard theme. That has a lovely field in the front.

Here is the mess:

Hide contents

halloweengardengraveyard.thumb.png.33fd7987068df842f37fe9aa99231102.png

Well, we had pretty much the same idea here! I went for the “cemetery with crop field” theme too!

DCB199AA-F18B-49AF-81EC-3A5B391449C5.png

On 10/25/2021 at 11:24 PM, Munin said:

Someone posted this list in the ToT submissions thread:
Treat Count
2010 - 94
2011 - skipped
2012 - 59
2013 - 45
2014 - 43
2015 - 62
2016 - 54
2017 - 50
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 50
2021 - 50

I collected all of 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 in those years.

In the past week, I have completed all of 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2014. I'm all caught up! :D

Now, if I just had another 70+ egg slots to catch up on my CBs from those same missed years.:rolleyes:

I myself only had time to start with the event game today and while I like the idea I really wish the vague "May need space to grow" messages would be replaced with simply not allowing the player to plant things too close together. I wasted some time and coins planting Acorn Squashes too close together because the game gives you no clear warning about this. Kind of a bummer to only discover that sometime later when you wonder why things are not growing and think to pick up the magnifying glass. 😔

i wish that as it gets close to the end we just get unlimited money to freely decorate. including decorative crops like corn.

I know it's kind of simple, but I rather like my autumn themed farm.

image.png

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer. Does anyone know how long it takes the plants to grow into each next phase? Some of my stuff is sitting there for a long time with no progress even though they have been watered :( 

21 minutes ago, lanette said:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer. Does anyone know how long it takes the plants to grow into each next phase? Some of my stuff is sitting there for a long time with no progress even though they have been watered :( 

The wiki has a good list of the times for each crop and each stage.

I don't think my farm is gonna be done by the time the site rolls over ;v;

I hope someday we have a chance to participate in old Halloween activities again like they did that one time during the Christmas event

1 hour ago, TheDarkLatias said:

I don't think my farm is gonna be done by the time the site rolls over ;v;

I hope someday we have a chance to participate in old Halloween activities again like they did that one time during the Christmas event

I hope so too.  , just started today so I won't be able to catch all the treats.  I'm sorry about the event, it would have been fun too :(

1 hour ago, TheDarkLatias said:

I hope so too. I didn't get to start working on mine till Saturday so not going to be able to finish like I wanted to either 😕 

I did not see any kind of hint that I needed to give plants more space to grow, and it didn't even occur to me as a solution for why my plants weren't growing. Now it's too late and I'll never get to see them. 😭 But I still think it's such a cute idea!

It is the last few hours, I didn't feel well, hubby now doesn't feel well,  work week for life costs, etc. and I'm down to the last few hours, are parsnips the fastest growing plant to get money, or other item? It's not going to look super fantastic but I'd like to have money to make it a little more pretty and with a few things at least.

Edited by Natayah

well, this was a fun week :)

I spread my egg slots around and managed to collect 1 each of Kohraki, Arcana, Caligene, Cavern, Pitfire, Omen, and Witchlight, and 2 each of Shadow and Marrow. I got 4 Desipis and Pumpkin, and 5 Grave, plus the new eggs. Only got three Undead this year though, and despite several tries, no successful Vampire bites.

I just managed to finish my farm in time. Here it is:

437650352_Screenshot2021-10-31at19-10-59Halloween2021-HauntedHarvest-DragonCave.png.1564c54fe0c92da1927026962417353d.png

Edited by Aniia

2 minutes ago, Natayah said:

It is the last few hours, I didn't feel well, hubby now doesn't feel well,  work week for life costs, etc. and I'm down to the last few hours, are parsnips the fastest growing plant to get money, or other item? It's not going to look super fantastic but I'd like to have money to make it a little more pretty and with a few things at least.

Parsnips do grow quickly. Acorn squash are the best money makers but I'm not sure you'd have the time. Maybe to half growth.

So when it says "continuing THROUGH November 1st," does that mean the event ends at midnight tonight or tomorrow?