TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

I m pretty sure it is tonight, but the tomorrow would be nice. TJ often brings back events to let people who didn't get a chance to either change their old style, spruce it up, or participate for the first time, so maybe we'll get a break in the Holiday between January to Valentines as a "Holly Daze Catchup" or another time of year as a fun revisit to spruce up some older holiday events for those who want a little start or redecorating, he's done it before in the past!

Edited by Natayah

12 minutes ago, KipsyCakes said:

So when it says "continuing THROUGH November 1st," does that mean the event ends at midnight tonight or tomorrow?

Tonight as stated in the first post with the new eggs.

2 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

I don't think my farm is gonna be done by the time the site rolls over ;v;

I hope someday we have a chance to participate in old Halloween activities again like they did that one time during the Christmas event

That would be so cool, I *love* revisiting the old holiday ones!

14 minutes ago, KipsyCakes said:

So when it says "continuing THROUGH November 1st," does that mean the event ends at midnight tonight or tomorrow?

Yeah, that tripped me up to. 'Through' should mean *through* the 1st, ie to the *end* of the 1st, but apparently that's not what it means. (Which makes sense, it usually is 7 days and not 8 days, but that wording made me question it.)

I finally did it. I bred all my Halloween dragons. That's anywhere between 460-920 Halloween eggs to the AP. A mix of checker lines, stairs and messy treats and goodies. :D

I hope the farm returns again or we can keep going. I absolutely love this and want to keep farming.

"Through Nov 1st" does indeed mean through the whole day of Nov 1st. 

Perhaps they meant "to Nov 1st," in other words, "until Nov 1st," but to my mind they should honor the original wording.

3 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

I don't think my farm is gonna be done by the time the site rolls over ;v;

I hope someday we have a chance to participate in old Halloween activities again like they did that one time during the Christmas event

Yeah, I hope so too. My housemate and I only figured out what we wanted to do with our farms yesterday, and neither one of us has completed those designs today... with the deadline approaching fast, I'm hoping that maybe next year we'll have the opportunity to fix up what's still left undone.

8 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

only figured out what we wanted to do with our farms yesterday

In the same situation, however I found a detail that might assist people who are missing some last minute touches.

If your farm is 100% complete and the only things you are missing are paths/weeds/anything below 3g, you can destroy all of your crops and get free 3g every 5 minutes.

Obviously does not work for each and every design, especially if you are planning to keep crops or need decorations that cost over 3g - but nonetheless, it's still an option.

Make sure to spend the gold you get this way, however, as you won't get more if you have > 0 gold.

Edited by LevelsOfViolence

16 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

"Through Nov 1st" does indeed mean through the whole day of Nov 1st. 

Perhaps they meant "to Nov 1st," in other words, "until Nov 1st," but to my mind they should honor the original wording.

Yeah, I took, it to mean we had all day too from the wording. til I read some of the posts.  The wording of it is very confusing though..?   Makes it sound like we have all day til rollover...

9 minutes ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

In the same situation, however I found a detail that might assist people who are missing some last minute touches.

If your farm is 100% complete and the only things you are missing are paths/weeds/anything below 3g, you can destroy all of your crops and get free 3g every 5 minutes.

Obviously does not work for each and every design, especially if you are planning to keep crops or need decorations that cost over 3g - but nonetheless, it's still an option.

Make sure to spend the gold you get this way, however, as you won't get more if you have > 0 gold.

Yeah, Andrew and I have plenty of gold left... but it took both of us a while to get portions of the setup the way we wanted, and then we had to regrow some of the crops that had to be moved around (how I wish there had been a "move" / "transplant" option instead of having to dig things up and start from scratch!) and they're not going to finish growing in time. :(

Well, event is done but when I try to go and look at my farm I get a "Page Not Found" message. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and I'd be able to see my puny little farm 😆

Aw it's gone now. I thought we would at least keep the image of the farm like the Snow Wars Forts...

I didn;t even get to harvest my parsnips!  I was trying to figure out how to do it when  *poof*

If this event ever starts again, I have 0 gold :(

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Aw it's gone now. I thought we would at least keep the image of the farm like the Snow Wars Forts...

Probably just a temporary lag in making the link or something, the OP says they will be 'visible even after the end'.

Glad i took a screenshot of my farm, the image seems to not be saved on the site.

Happy Halloween, all!

7 minutes ago, lanette said:

Well, event is done but when I try to go and look at my farm I get a "Page Not Found" message. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and I'd be able to see my puny little farm 😆

6 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

If you add /username to the end of the glitched link you can still see your farm. Probably will get fixed soon!

(Example: https://dragcave.net/halloween21/BringsTheSnow )

I'm a bit disappointed, I suffered under the serious lag and only managed one egg and then work took my whole day. I wished to have been able to get more involved

1 minute ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I'm a bit disappointed, I suffered under the serious lag and only managed one egg and then work took my whole day. I wished to have been able to get more involved

Keep an eye on the AP in a couple days, a lot of us grabbed extra new-Halloweens to toss!

What?! I thought we still had today, it said through November 1st! Great, now all my final crops will forever be in stage 2... 😕

Edited by Mukouno

50 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Check your PM! 

My farm, as it stands: https://dragcave.net/halloween21/dragongrrrl

I have loved seeing all the creative ways everyone has decorated their farms. :wub:

My completed treat basket: https://dragcave.net/trickortreat/dragongrrrl :D

My totals for dragon eggs sent to the AP throughout the week:

Pumpkins - 35

Marrows - 62

Shadow Walkers - 15

Cavern Lurkers - 20

Graves - 19

Desipis - 3

Caligenes - 12

I hope to be a little better organized next year and be able to breed more of my checkers. :rolleyes: