TJ09

2021-09-26 - September Dragon Release

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It's actually spaghetti, we didn't have time to wipe his snout before he got called away to present himself for release. Shhh don't embarrass him

OK - but thanks; that's awesome extra lore !

10 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Small notice here, the non-pygmy is actually Mewtie and mine. Seems there was a mix-up with the credits, haha.

Pygmy is indeed Infinis'.

I thought they were at least partly mewtie! Unfortunate mixup, hopefully it gets fixed soon

Oh wow these are so cute!!! Love that they're pink! Managed to grab 3 or 4 of each ^^

Peeked back in the biomes and saw older breeds are mixed in now. Hopefully they'll still be relatively common and easy to get, I grabbed a third 'smelly' when I realized how much I liked the hatchies but still have just two of the pygmy. 

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wait, were the 'smell' ones a public DR? I feel like they might seem familiar but I'm not sure?

Yes they were. Just. Done by SkyWolf and Mewtie.

1 hour ago, Tini said:

I thought they were at least partly mewtie! Unfortunate mixup, hopefully it gets fixed soon

It's fixed!

Thanks, TJ!

Safely secured three of the smell breed and four of the pygmies. I have to say the hatchies are adorable and I'm excited to see how the adults turn out.

I'm also curious about the name of the smell egg since it sorts between Mint and Misfit, which means the name has to start with 'mi' and the third letter is somewhere in between n-s; the closest M words I could think of off the top of my head were malodorous and musk, but neither of those would fit.

1 hour ago, Myoukin said:

Safely secured three of the smell breed and four of the pygmies. I have to say the hatchies are adorable and I'm excited to see how the adults turn out.

I'm also curious about the name of the smell egg since it sorts between Mint and Misfit, which means the name has to start with 'mi' and the third letter is somewhere in between n-s; the closest M words I could think of off the top of my head were malodorous and musk, but neither of those would fit.

'Peculiar' isn't necessarily bad, but yeah - manky, mephitic, mildew, miasma, all outside the range.

Not that it means much, since spriters got crafty and stopped using common words in names to make it more difficult to guess. Watch it be a blend of Sanskrit and Quechua that means 'he who smelt it dealt it'.

Edited by schmupti
(This is a joke, not a complaint)

Took a little effort, but I was able to Grab 4 of each and I am done...

Thank You, Spriters and TJ...

I'm so annoyed with myself right now... 😑 The August Release was the first time that I realized that the monthly releases were always on the last Sunday of the month, so I was excited to be able to plan for it and have no eggs before, but I ended up being super busy the past couple weeks and haven't been able to breed my dragons much. I wasn't paying attention last night when I logged on.

Logged on about a half hour after the update, but didn't see the update until roughly twenty minutes later. What was I doing those twenty minutes before I saw the update?? BREEDING ALL MY DRAGONS! 💀

I actually didn't struggle to catch anything this time, but I AM having trouble trading one NR for the other this time around - usually breed swaps are easy, but I don't see many in the public trades and nobody is offering on the one I've got up. Normally they only sit for a few minutes to an hour at most, but this time, I've been trying off and on all day to swap a pygmy for the smell egg. Very strange!

Loving the hatchling sprites - I also feel like I've seen the bigger ones before. 

1 hour ago, Thaliel said:

no chance of getting them atm, the iomes are ful of other eggs

Try to refresh at the full 5 min. Then normally a set of new eggs is dropped and so close to the release it's usually release eggs.

You need a really exact clock though, that shows seconds. Try refreshind at the XX:X4/9:50 mark until it hits the full minute of :00 or :05 or :10

I know my computer clock is anywhere from 10-30 seconds behind DC's clock, so as soon as (for example) :04 hits I'll start refreshing the biomes. I usually start with only a few lazy-paced refreshes and then go faster as it gets closer to the actual :05 change. I'm not a huge biome-hunter except for new releases but that seems to work fairly well most of the time. (Although, don't totally discount the in-betweens, I've gotten lucky multiple times when refreshing the biomes at like :08 or whatever.)

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know my computer clock is anywhere from 10-30 seconds behind DC's clock, so as soon as (for example) :04 hits I'll start refreshing the biomes. I usually start with only a few lazy-paced refreshes and then go faster as it gets closer to the actual :05 change. I'm not a huge biome-hunter except for new releases but that seems to work fairly well most of the time. (Although, don't totally discount the in-betweens, I've gotten lucky multiple times when refreshing the biomes at like :08 or whatever.)

Yes you may get lucky though if you want to have the most success with the least effort just going for the drops seems most efficient.

Though I might add it also helps to keep the ctrl-key pressed while doing it, though I will benefit mostly during the NR floods. At least on my keyboard setting (you non german guys might want to check if it's the same combo for you) this will make anything I click open up in a new tab, without actually switching to that new tab. So I wildly click any NR egg until the drop is over and count my grabs after that. Stopping during the drop to see what you got is just a waste of time. Though this works most during egg floods it will still come in handy if there are several NR eggs one after the other in drops.

So getting to a device with key board is usually better than trying via cell phone.

Edited by Nalyua

Very hyped with both the S2 hatchies.

Nice looking designs, waiting for the adult sprites!

11 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Very hyped with both the S2 hatchies.

Nice looking designs, waiting for the adult sprites!

That's always the frustration for me during new releases, TJ's eggs hatch so quickly but then it feels like we have to wait forever to see the adults! 

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

That's always the frustration for me during new releases, TJ's eggs hatch so quickly but then it feels like we have to wait forever to see the adults! 

Exactly! 2 more loong days left and we'll see!

Both species look interesting, I didn't think the frisky hatchies would grow wings, I thought they would've look like the Xenos/Oracles but they now remind me of the Hydrophidius, which is another of my fav species.  And the Pygmies look a little too big for Pygmies to me, but they look very good.

Really need to see the adults NOW! :ph34r:

17 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It's actually spaghetti, we didn't have time to wipe his snout before he got called away to present himself for release. Shhh don't embarrass him

That's sweet. :D

the pygmy hatchies are chonkers

they're big because i don't like super tiny pygmy sprites. i have no plans to adjust them. enjoy the chonkers

2 minutes ago, Infinis said:

the pygmy hatchies are chonkers

they're big because i don't like super tiny pygmy sprites. i have no plans to adjust them. enjoy the chonkers

I love them. :wub: Never apologise Chonkers is a great name..