TJ09

2021-09-26 - September Dragon Release

:wub: I love both the adults! Good job spriters and thank you!

The Pygmy, especially, looks like one I will collect and breed, maybe with Mistlets... The pose is what does it for me. 

oh no i love them

Pygmies are cute (altho I will probably not collect many more than the 2 i got) BUT MIRISIAS!!! Fluffy amphphphphphphitheres..... i love

Thank you spriters for the excellent release!

Scymrian Pygmies and Mirisia Amphipteres -- two more lovely breeds to collect, with names that I will never be able to remember! XD

Seriously, I love them both. Thanks to the conceptors and to the artists who brought them to life.

I am not seeing the eggs in the cave as plentifully as I would like, but I must collect more of both.

MIRISIAS!!!!!! Oh my god ive been waiting to say that since the eggs dropped XD I have old screenies of them and I've been dying for them to be released for so long!!! They were my #1 Dragon I Hope For Every Release hfhfhkhdwukbdqt 8D NOW I HAVE MANY

BLESS YOU @SkyWolf25 @Mewtie ❤️ ❤️

(And awesome job, as always @Infinis 😛 )

Edited by bloodyneptune

Big fan of feathered amphipteres so I quite enjoy these adults, and new pygmies are always appreciated. Wonderful sprites as always.

Oh wowww love the adults! Especially the Mirisia -- simply gonna have to hoard them.

Wow!   I love both the Scymrian Pygmies and the Mirisia Amphipteres.  They are both wonderful.   Thank you once again.   :D

Lol, the M/F Mirisias that are facing each other on TJ's first post look like they're having a debate or something, and the Scymrians look so sassy; just something about the face does it for me.

I knew I recognized the large eggs! Beautiful adults. And omg I think these are my new favourite pygmies. They have such a huge amount of personality, I love the lizard-esque look to their heads :wub:

Edited by High Lord November

Here they are - the Mirisia Amphipteres! They used to be a public dragon request, as some of you have mentioned. Originally, I posted the thread back in 2016, but spriting only began in late 2017 / early 2018. We went through several designs before settling with the gorgeous noodles you see today!! While we waited for the adults, I peeked both on this thread and on Discord to answer some of the things I found interesting. So as promised, here is a little bonus information about them!

THE INSPIRATION

To those who have guessed that the Mirisiae are based on cherry blossoms - you are correct! When I came up with the concept, I was thinking of fun ways to introduce traits of cherry blossoms into their design, besides using a pink color scheme. Their feathers are meant to mimic the shape of flower petals (in general.. think of daisies, for example!). Their fluffy manes take the shape of a flower at the end of their tails.  Since cherry blossoms come in multiple shades of pink, I thought they could have dimorphism and we could use different pinks for their manes. The spaghetti yellow whiskers that the male has are meant to resemble the stamens of a flower. Males are a little bit bigger than females, but the females have longer bodies. 

THE NAME

It was very fun reading your name guesses! It must have been a bit confusing to figure out their name though. Well, they are called Mirisia Amphipteres (plural Mirisiae). The name isn't anything special, but I thought it is very elegant and fitting for them. Mirisia comes from the Serbo-Croatian word "miris", which in turn is originating from the Greek word μύρον (mýron) which means sweet oil, scent. Basically, the name is meant to emphasize the sweet, yet distinct scent these dragons exude. 

LORE

As previously mentioned, they exude a very sweet and distinct scent which is a consequence of the Mirisia's eating habits. Their usual diet consists of herbs and leaves which are easier to find, but they ultimately prefer fruit and flowers. The fruit, flowers and aromatic herbs they consume give them this scent which is kept for long periods of time thanks to oil they secrete on their bodies. This scent varies, depending on what type of fruit, herbs and flowers they consume and how exactly combine them. Some would have a stronger and more aromatic scent, while others would have a soft, pleasant fragrance. As mentioned in the adult description, they are calm and gentle; they are very peaceful and would only become hostile if really necessary. If attacked, they prefer to flee by performing tricks and loops in the air until they confuse the attacker and escape danger. As hatchlings, they are very playful but also really clumsy, however once they grow wings they become more coordinated and graceful. A lot of happy accidents happen on the noodles' playground. Let's just say you would almost always spot them with pollen on their tiny snouts or tangled with all kinds of flowers. Their description also mentions their mating habits. The description oversimplifies it a little bit for the sake of saving space, but it is meant to emphasize their loyalty for their partner, and friends (including humans) in consequence, really. Multiple individuals might posses the same or a very similar scent too, including same-gendered. Love is beautiful, isn't it? :D

There is an Encyclopedia Entry that was written at the time, so that might include additional information I forgot to mention. Hopefully it gets added!

OTHER

These dragons were never a Valentine concept. It is true that it is similar to Val dragons, but ultimately I just thought it would be nice to have some sweet dergs around all year long too, not only in February. Someone in the Discord server mentioned the possibility of there being green or yellow cherry blossoms, assuming there might be an alt, but at this time there is no plan for an alt. It's good to have that in mind though, so thank you for bringing it into my attention ;) 

One last thing, I have noticed the egg description has confused a few people, particularly the word "smell", giving them the false impression that these dragons have a bad odor. I must admit, this was a mistake on my part that flew unnoticed and I apologize!! Back then, my skills in the English language were less developed, and by the time the dragons were finished that little word just completely flew under the radar and was left as it is. Probably, "This egg emanates a peculiar scent." would be a better egg description. 

On a closing note, I would really like to thank @SkyWolf25 and @Mewtie again for bringing this concept to life and making its release possible! I was extremely happy to see the Mirisiae being released and I really hope you guys enjoy them at least half as much as me!! I would be more than happy to answer any other questions. Lots of love for all of you 💞

Edited by Velvetie

5 hours ago, Falorni said:

oh no i love them

This is exactly my reactions when we get awesome new releases, lol! To me, it's kind of like 'I already have my favorite breeds that I actively hoard, plus my general goals for other breeds, but then PRETTYNEWMUSTCOLLECT!!!' 😃

First the pygmy: Thank you @Infinis for making such a gorgeous pygmy that's big enough to see without eyestrain and just really looks awesome! I absolutely love the coloring on them, they feel very Valentine-y which I love, and the pose of the adults just brings to mind 'regal'.  (But, uh, how is that name pronounced? lol So many breed names we have now that I actually have no clue how to pronounce.)

But the Mirisiae, I'm just speechless. I'm always so excited but a little nervous when I recognized a DR concept because I don't frequent DR much and it's totally possible that what I remember about a public concept may be very different than the end result. But these are just... Awesome. Beautiful. I love every single thing about them, honestly. The graceful poses, the sweet soft-pink coloring, the floofy mane/back bits, just... :wub: Thanks to @SkyWolf25 and @Mewtie for such beautiful sprites! And the lore! Thank you for all the extra info @Velvetie, one of my favorite things in new releases is when we get 'extra' info that may not have made it on-site. (Though I do hope we'll get that encyclopedia entry!) And the info that the name is based on a Serbo-Croatian word makes my inner child so happy, Croatia holds a special place in my childhood memories.

I woke up this morning excited to see the adults, and I was not disappointed. They both look so cute! I’m now looking forward to collecting more of them. Thank you to the spriters and everyone else involved for yet another wonderful release!

Oh these beauties are a stunning! Two more lovely jewels to add to the crown that is our Dragon Cave. Also, is this the first time the cave's lore-named world has been added to a description? 

Valkemare? I think I've maybe seen it called that only once of twice before. 

How would it be pronounced? "Vaulk-mair?" Val-key-maar?" "Val-kay-mar-ey?" - some of those are probably silly, but I am curious. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is exactly my reactions when we get awesome new releases, lol! To me, it's kind of like 'I already have my favorite breeds that I actively hoard, plus my general goals for other breeds, but then PRETTYNEWMUSTCOLLECT!!!' 😃

First the pygmy: Thank you @Infinis for making such a gorgeous pygmy that's big enough to see without eyestrain and just really looks awesome! I absolutely love the coloring on them, they feel very Valentine-y which I love, and the pose of the adults just brings to mind 'regal'.  (But, uh, how is that name pronounced? lol So many breed names we have now that I actually have no clue how to pronounce.)

But the Mirisiae, I'm just speechless. I'm always so excited but a little nervous when I recognized a DR concept because I don't frequent DR much and it's totally possible that what I remember about a public concept may be very different than the end result. But these are just... Awesome. Beautiful. I love every single thing about them, honestly. The graceful poses, the sweet soft-pink coloring, the floofy mane/back bits, just... :wub: Thanks to @SkyWolf25 and @Mewtie for such beautiful sprites! And the lore! Thank you for all the extra info @Velvetie, one of my favorite things in new releases is when we get 'extra' info that may not have made it on-site. (Though I do hope we'll get that encyclopedia entry!) And the info that the name is based on a Serbo-Croatian word makes my inner child so happy, Croatia holds a special place in my childhood memories.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading about the Mirisiae!! The info I provided is not included in the encyclopedia though, I mentioned there is one in case someone would be more curious about the more observational details about their lifestyle and appearance :D 

Yay we have adults and it's definitely been worth the wait, there both so wonderful 😊 i love the pose and the look of the scymrian Pygmies  but I must say the mirisia amphithere have truly wowed me there beautiful and I love the exstra information on them, this has been a great release before Halloween really enjoyed it

Thank you to everyone involved my scroll and the dragons on it thank you for these new little friends to collect :)

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

Valkemare? I think I've maybe seen it called that only once of twice before. 

How would it be pronounced? "Vaulk-mair?" Val-key-maar?" "Val-kay-mar-ey?" - some of those are probably silly, but I am curious. 

According to the World page it's pronounced Val-kə-MAR-ay, Val-kuh-MAR-ay. :)

Pink is definitely my least favorite color but the amphiteres look excellent. They will look gorgeous with the other feathery breeds and maybe the valentine wyvern. I think they will pair best with the Florets. 

The pygmies aren’t really traditionally super small but that’s okay. I’ve not collected many pygmies because they are generally hard to see (in my opinion). I think these do a good job at standing out and being able to tell what’s going on with them. 

kudos artists.