TJ09

2021-09-26 - September Dragon Release

dZBE0 He's got little whiskers! Or some spaghetti on his nose. I love him, and this might be the first hatchling I want to hoard.

oh crap... i stayed up last night because i knew there was going to be a release, had an empty scroll and everything, and got carried away talking to someone and playing pokemon... 😕 but i caught 4 of each already! im glad theyre still flooding... thanks all!! 

are the smell eggs really pygmies? o.O i thought they went supposed to hatch out of eggs that size onlu the tiny eggs

4 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

I do have to say that I'm getting tired of all the pastel pink eggs. I already have trouble keeping Tercorn, Sapo, Venturis, Cloudplume, and pink Sapphire eggs apart at a glance, and when the AP is moving fast a glance might be all you get.

The number of times I've mistaken a Venturis for a pink Sapph, or briefly thought a Pink might be a pink Sapph until I looked closer... Yeah. I guess with so many dragons on site now we are bound to get some pretty similar eggs, but that's one of the reasons I really like eggs with patterns/stripes/etc, it's so much easier to know at a glance what they are!

*ahem* Obligatory SQUEEEEE hatchies!! I just woke up and saw TJ's hatchies, saw they were already s2 so went to the wiki to see the s1. I feel like I've been saying this a lot with recent new releases, but I *need* some frozen s1 of that non-pygmy noodle! So cuuuute! I just love noodle-hatchies in general, lol. The pygmy is a Big Boi! Seeing them both side by side in TJ's post the pygmy almost doesn't even look like a pygmy, though I must say I definitely prefer pygmy hatchies that are actually large enough to see details clearly. Was the pygmy originally a V-day concept? Just going off the coloring. 

I managed to get 2 of each before I went to bed, now debating whether to get more or go back to AP-hunting...

1 minute ago, Kestra62 said:

are the smell eggs really pygmies? o.O i thought they went supposed to hatch out of eggs that size onlu the tiny eggs

The smelly eggs aren't pygmies, they can be bitten. The sunlight eggs are pygmies--they are weirdly large for pygmy babies, but so are Mimics.

I think it is unlikely that these too have BSA alts, but I'm afraid all the same to do anything to them given the recent trend. 😬

13 hours ago, blackhilllife said:

Very Exciting! Thank you!

You mean egg-citing.

2 minutes ago, Seejey said:

I think it is unlikely that these too have BSA alts, but I'm afraid all the same to do anything to them given the recent trend. 😬

Usually if they have any sort of alts TJ will have more, for each alt-type. Given that the OP only has 2 pygmies and 4 regulars (for dimorphism) I doubt there will be alts. 

2 minutes ago, Seejey said:

If it helps, the sunlights definitely don't have alts and the pink noodles are very unlikely to have alts. You can at least safely BSA up your pygmies.

Just picked up my 8th egg, another smelly, so 6 smellies, 2 pygmies for my first batch of lovelies. 💖

Thank you to TCA and Infinis for the new babes, I know the adults will be amazing! 💖 💖

17 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

The smelly eggs aren't pygmies, they can be bitten. The sunlight eggs are pygmies--they are weirdly large for pygmy babies, but so are Mimics.

And Pumpkins have always looked large for pygmies. They may look very nice in lineages with the Pumpkins or Mimics.

Wait, were the 'smell' ones a public DR? I feel like they might seem familiar but I'm not sure?

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

dZBE0 He's got little whiskers! Or some spaghetti on his nose. I love him, and this might be the first hatchling I want to hoard.

It's actually spaghetti, we didn't have time to wipe his snout before he got called away to present himself for release. Shhh don't embarrass him

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wait, were the 'smell' ones a public DR? I feel like they might seem familiar but I'm not sure?

We shall see :P

51 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The number of times I've mistaken a Venturis for a pink Sapph, or briefly thought a Pink might be a pink Sapph until I looked closer... Yeah. I guess with so many dragons on site now we are bound to get some pretty similar eggs, but that's one of the reasons I really like eggs with patterns/stripes/etc, it's so much easier to know at a glance what they are!

I admittedly had this problem with Striped River and Blue-Banded eggs when I was prizekin hunting in the AP a while back; it took me about a day or two to be able to tell at a glance whether it was the egg I was looking for. Strangely enough, Blazebacks tripped me up when Pink Sapphires came out because the template looks similar, so it made me wonder if there was another Sapphire alt I didn't know about until I grabbed it and saw the species.

13 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It's actually spaghetti, we didn't have time to wipe his snout before he got called away to present himself for release. Shhh don't embarrass him

I'll try not to but he's just too cute!

Aww, the hatchlings look so adorable! I was lucky enough to catch two of each last night, eggs were disappearing fast. I’m very excited to see what the adult sprites will look like!

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

Just picked up my 8th egg, another smelly, so 6 smellies, 2 pygmies for my first batch of lovelies. 💖

Thank you to TCA and Infinis for the new babes, I know the adults will be amazing! 💖 💖

And Pumpkins have always looked large for pygmies. They may look very nice in lineages with the Pumpkins or Mimics.

I didn't really count the Pumpkins since they were created before the pygmy guidelines were A Thing, but yeah, they're also relatively large!

New eggs! New eggs!

They look really familiar. I think they are DR dragons.