TJ09

2021-09-26 - September Dragon Release

They look like they should have been a VDay release.

I like both. I'm not a fan of no-legs (or wings) dragons, but the bigger ones are still nice. Like the expressions and the furry manes.

The small pygmies I like a lot. Love the poses and expressions and colors.

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

According to the World page it's pronounced Val-kə-MAR-ay, Val-kuh-MAR-ay. :)

Oh, wow I was totally saying that wrong. Thank you! It's a pretty unique name, and I like it. :D

Yay! Two DR dragons!

They are just as lovely as I remember them, now that I see the adults.

5 hours ago, Charu said:

The pygmies aren’t really traditionally super small but that’s okay. I’ve not collected many pygmies because they are generally hard to see (in my opinion). I think these do a good job at standing out and being able to tell what’s going on with them. 

Saaaame! I don't dislike pygmies, and I still maintain my 20-each scroll-goals for all pygmies, but some of them are just a little too small for me to really see the details (and then there's the general fact that there is only so much detail that *can* be shown in a sprite that small). I loved the Mimics for their larger size and I love these too!

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

Oh, wow I was totally saying that wrong. Thank you! It's a pretty unique name, and I like it. :D

I've known that pronunciation for years and still 'say' it wrong in my head every single time I see it, lol. 

I just want to express how happy I am to see more DR concepts being released in the past year or two, I remember when a new release involving a public DR was a very rare thing. Personally it makes the new releases even more exciting when I think I recognize a concept!

6 hours ago, 0x08 said:

According to the World page it's pronounced Val-kə-MAR-ay, Val-kuh-MAR-ay. :)

My minds always automatically added an extra L, Valkelmare and now I pronounce it ValKilmer in my head when I see the word

Most people seem to enjoy both of the new dragons and the release itself. Thanks again to the artisans who worked on the concept and to the conceptor who brought to life 2 more dragons! Thanks again to TJ who keeps the Cave going!

Have the Encyclopedia entries for the new breeds been activated yet? :o

[ETA] Now they have!

Edited by 0x08

These are beautiful! I'm glad I caught a full batch of them :)

Congratulations, Inifinis, Mewtie and Skywolf25 with this wonderful release!

I'm very glad this hasn't become a Valentine release (they would have fit nicely in that theme :D ) Being able to catch year round is great!

16 hours ago, Charu said:

Pink is definitely my least favorite color but the amphiteres look excellent. They will look gorgeous with the other feathery breeds and maybe the valentine wyvern. I think they will pair best with the Florets. 

After creating mock-ups to see what they'd look like together, I think they look pretty good

Spoiler

image.png.d379776a12eac8a5bb894c129444cf0b.pngimage.png.819fe6c9925b146347b60474724acd54.png

I'd say the coloring compliments female Silvers nicely, too.

Spoiler

image.png.e9628e0e7862d6146cc4bcace7f93642.png

7 hours ago, Myoukin said:

After creating mock-ups to see what they'd look like together, I think they look pretty good

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d379776a12eac8a5bb894c129444cf0b.pngimage.png.819fe6c9925b146347b60474724acd54.png

I'd say the coloring compliments female Silvers nicely, too.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e9628e0e7862d6146cc4bcace7f93642.png

I'm digging the silver pairing. The Florets look really great. I think I have a new lineage idea to roll with.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:23 AM, Velvetie said:

Multiple individuals might posses the same or a very similar scent too, including same-gendered.

Oh, neat. 👀

Love the extra lore and glad for the expansion because the adult description with the.... emphasized, romantic heteronormative language was sort of rubbing the wrong way :v 

3 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Oh, neat. 👀

Love the extra lore and glad for the expansion because the adult description with the.... emphasized, romantic heteronormative language was sort of rubbing the wrong way :v 

Oh, I totally understand that. I mentioned I just thought that adding "many say" would reflect that the affirmation is, in fact, just a rumor rather than a truthful observation ^^ si

On 9/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Talisraye said:

They look like they should have been a VDay release.

I like both. I'm not a fan of no-legs (or wings) dragons, but the bigger ones are still nice. Like the expressions and the furry manes.

The small pygmies I like a lot. Love the poses and expressions and colors.

But im so absolutely glad they weren't Vday releases, I've been waiting for the Mirisias for way to long to only be able to have two CBs xD they look A M A Z I N G paired with Sweetlings, though

On 9/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, ValidEmotions said:

Oh, neat. 👀

Oh I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way! I'm super happy about the added lore!!