Jump to content
TJ09

2021-09-26 - September Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

I'm still wondering what kind of smell the smelly ones give off. They are pink and go right after the mints. But as far as I know Mugwort and Mandarin aren't pink. This is going to drive me nuts until we get a adults, since the only only pink scented things that comes to mind are Pink Peppercorns, Pink Lemonade, Pink Roses, Strawberry Frosting, Strawberry Milk, Dragon Fruit and Pink Catflowers. (( The Pink Catflowers being a story of seasons reference. XD)) And none of those start with the letter M.

 

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Share this post


Link to post

Looking at the hub and the huge number of people wanting smellies from biomes where they do not drop - has ANYONE got them from Desert, Coast or Volcano ? Was there a glitch at the start or something ?

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Infinis said:

 

the pygmy hatchies are chonkers

 

they're big because i don't like super tiny pygmy sprites. i have no plans to adjust them. enjoy the chonkers

 

I love pudgy hatchlings so much, there's several other dragons of yours whose hatchies are just Baby Incarnate

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Nalyua said:

 

Yes you may get lucky though if you want to have the most success with the least effort just going for the drops seems most efficient.

 

Though I might add it also helps to keep the ctrl-key pressed while doing it, though I will benefit mostly during the NR floods. At least on my keyboard setting (you non german guys might want to check if it's the same combo for you) this will make anything I click open up in a new tab, without actually switching to that new tab. So I wildly click any NR egg until the drop is over and count my grabs after that. Stopping during the drop to see what you got is just a waste of time. Though this works most during egg floods it will still come in handy if there are several NR eggs one after the other in drops.

 

So getting to a device with key board is usually better than trying via cell phone.

Nah, holding down the ctrl key wouldn't work; at least, not on an American keyboard. Holding ctrl while pressing f5 (refresh) functions as a cache refresh, completely reloading assets on the page (which takes longer to fully load the page as a result). Ctrl+r would work since that also functions as a refresh, but having to keep my pinky on the ctrl key while keeping my index finger on the r with my wrist at an angle causes strain after a while; plus on a laptop, my palm hovering over the touchpad results in many misclicks, though that could be circumvented by turning off the touchpad (provided I have a USB mouse to compensate).

Share this post


Link to post

If Infi created it I always love it.

 

Except once. (no, not telling !)

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

Nah, holding down the ctrl key wouldn't work; at least, not on an American keyboard. Holding ctrl while pressing f5 (refresh) functions as a cache refresh, completely reloading assets on the page (which takes longer to fully load the page as a result). Ctrl+r would work since that also functions as a refresh, but having to keep my pinky on the ctrl key while keeping my index finger on the r with my wrist at an angle causes strain after a while; plus on a laptop, my palm hovering over the touchpad results in many misclicks, though that could be circumvented by turning off the touchpad (provided I have a USB mouse to compensate).

 

No - it's hold down ctrl while clicking on an egg. After that a hard refresh (with ctrl pressed) works just fine.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No - it's hold down ctrl while clicking on an egg.

I know, but you would logically be holding down ctrl while refreshing as well, causing a slowdown when the page has to take time to completely reload everything rather than pulling from the cache (memory).

Edited by Myoukin

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Infinis said:

i have no plans to adjust them.

Nor should you! They are great just as they are. :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Looking at the hub and the huge number of people wanting smellies from biomes where they do not drop - has ANYONE got them from Desert, Coast or Volcano ? Was there a glitch at the start or something ?

 

They are only dropping in Alpine, Forest and Jungle

Share this post


Link to post

The 'chonkers' are absolutely adorable, I'm in love with the hatchies (of both breeds, really). I love bigger pygmies, don't have to strain my eyes to see them clearly! And the little tiny wings, like CUTE! 

 

(When hunting/refreshing I always middle-click with my mouse, that functions as the 'open in new tab', especially when hunting during new release floods I will use it and open maybe 5-6 tabs while speed-refreshing/clicking, and hopefully (usually!) at least one of those tabs will contain a successful catch!)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Velvetie said:

 

They are only dropping in Alpine, Forest and Jungle

 

I know - but there were a few posts early in this threads suggesting they were dropping everywhere. 

What I want to know is if they ever did, and whether anyone can prove it !

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

I know - but there were a few posts early in this threads suggesting they were dropping everywhere. 

What I want to know is if they ever did, and whether anyone can prove it !

 

Maybe a confusion has been made since the pygmy is dropping in all biomes. I specifically asked in DRs for the noodles to only drop in the biomes I mentioned earlier :) 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you. That's exactly what I thought, but when the thread started - well....

 

And IIRC when I logged on yesterday I could swear it said all biomes, too. But thank you - so all those poor people trying to get them from Desert etc - I wish there were a way to tell them !

Share this post


Link to post

Aww the S2's are wonderful I feel like I remember the smells from DR but I'm not shorevbut they are starring some recollection 🤔 and I love the chonky Pygmies, really enjoying this release so far thank you spriters and creator's and TJ of course, I carnt wait for the adults 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Myoukin said:

I know, but you would logically be holding down ctrl while refreshing as well, causing a slowdown when the page has to take time to completely reload everything rather than pulling from the cache (memory).

 

I noticed it works better because it sometimes fails to reload the cave correctly, showing me the old grabbed eggs instead.

 

However I mainly use it while clicking to save some time it would cost me to be directed to the egg or fail screen and having to go back to the cave and reload it. Instead I click with ctrl to have it in a new tab while remaining on the cave so I can grab the next egg. <-- This is actually the main benefit of the whole thing.

 

During the flood Y-day I was able to grab 4 NR in one drop applying this method. But it is also quite useful in smaller drops to see if maybe there is another NR after the first one.

 

Or as @HeatherMarie does, using the mouse. Though it's the same method, just different execution of it.

Edited by Nalyua

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

 

I noticed it works better because it sometimes fails to reload the cave correctly, showing me the old grabbed eggs instead.

 

However I mainly use it while clicking to save some time it would cost me to be directed to the egg or fail screen and having to go back to the cave and reload it. Instead I click with ctrl to have it in a new tab while remaining on the cave so I can grab the next egg. <-- This is actually the main benefit of the whole thing.

 

During the flood Y-day I was able to grab 4 NR in one drop applying this method. But it is also quite useful in smaller drops to see if maybe there is another NR after the first one.

 

Or as @HeatherMarie does, using the mouse. Though it's the same method, just different execution of it.

Yes, holding down ctrl while clicking opens a new tab, but unless you're releasing the ctrl button every time you press refresh (leading to a higher chance of pressing the wrong button when the egg you're looking for pops up), you're also going to be performing a hard/cache refresh, which causes the page to take longer to load since it's reloading everything on the page from scratch. HeatherMarie's method with the middle mouse seems to work well though, so I'll have to play around with it.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I'm still wondering what kind of smell the smelly ones give off. They are pink and go right after the mints.

After Mint but before Misfit - meaning their name has to be between MINTA to MISA

 

In thinking of names, I recalled the name Minthe - who was a nymph turned into a mint plant by Persephone (which could explain the smell of the egg)

 

Another thing I recalled though is Mirabelle brandy (which is a dry, white plum brandy) - and some alcohols do have an aroma. Though Mirin (a Japanese cooking wine) also works...

 

But that's just me guessing, I'm content to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

After Mint but before Misfit - meaning their name has to be between MINTA to MISA

 

In thinking of names, I recalled the name Minthe - who was a nymph turned into a mint plant by Persephone (which could explain the smell of the egg)

 

Another thing I recalled though is Mirabelle brandy (which is a dry, white plum brandy) - and some alcohols do have an aroma. Though Mirin (a Japanese cooking wine) also works...

 

But that's just me guessing, I'm content to wait and see.

Those actually sound really plausible, especially Minthe considering the dragon's fairy-like appearance; guess we'll find out in 1d 17 hrs when TJ's hatchies grow up. Also: 

It’s very frisky despite its clumsiness

As it if wasn't adorable enough.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

After Mint but before Misfit - meaning their name has to be between MINTA to MISA

 

In thinking of names, I recalled the name Minthe - who was a nymph turned into a mint plant by Persephone (which could explain the smell of the egg)

 

Another thing I recalled though is Mirabelle brandy (which is a dry, white plum brandy) - and some alcohols do have an aroma. Though Mirin (a Japanese cooking wine) also works...

 

But that's just me guessing, I'm content to wait and see.


Gotta admit, I would've never thought of that. ^^;

 

WB

Share this post


Link to post

ahh it's so fun to see you guys trying to guess its name!! can't wait for the adults, I have a lot of info to share!! 

Share this post


Link to post

Just to make it more complicated, what if the name of the pink noodles is not even directly related to the smell? Something like...Mirth, Mirthful, Mirage, Miracle (ooh there's something called the miracle berry right?), Mischief, Mischievous...okay I might have gotten biased with those last ones.

 

Or it's not an English word at all and we have no chance lmao.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm completely at a loss with the pygmies' name. It's between Script and Seasonal, which leaves us with SCRIPTA–SEAR give or take. Not a lot of fitting words in there. Searing Pygmy?

Edited by 0x08

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Infinis said:

the pygmy hatchies are chonkers

 

they're big because i don't like super tiny pygmy sprites. i have no plans to adjust them. enjoy the chonkers

No adjustment needed! They're lovely!

(And my chunky Ghost cat is Chunkle (chunky uncle) Ghost as he's a chonker, too, so maybe I can work that into their names. ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Infinis said:

the pygmy hatchies are chonkers

 

they're big because i don't like super tiny pygmy sprites. i have no plans to adjust them. enjoy the chonkers

 

They are absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love their tiny wings XD

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

I'm completely at a loss with the pygmies' name. It's between Script and Seasonal, which leaves us with SCRIPTA–SEAR give or take. Not a lot of fitting words in there. Searing Pygmy?

 

Scritch-scratch.... Scumble...

Share this post


Link to post

I thought for sure it would be scintilla/scintillating but... that doesn't fit after script >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.