Shokomon

DC 15th Birthday Mechanism (& Breeding) Thread - Floret Focus

19 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

I think akari meant if somebody needs to LOOK AT a baby for their encyclopedia, not that it was being offered.

Ha! This is what I get for reading and replying without caffeine. XD

17 hours ago, tjenni said:

Finally after nearly 6 weeks I bred my first Magenta (male Gold Iris x female Peach) don´t know which gender to choose...

I can give you a handshake ( an elbow corona rules) i got my first also yaaay !! 😍

Screenshot_2.jpg

Just got a beautiful Gold Alstro from this checker!  Otherwise, LOTS of peach eggs this week, and 1 Lilac.

Screenshot_20210704-153227_Firefox.thumb.jpg.d26af956b7fa56a9bbc257233c7dc59a.jpg

unknown.png

found this lovely friend in the trading center today! Good to know the florets are indeed viable for my all different sprites lineage

Here are two alstros I bred this morning!

Screenshot_20210708-101015_Chrome.thumb.jpg.671673f9e84ad4f51861ffc9139152b9.jpg (Magenta egg) from male gold iris x female peach alstro lineage

Screenshot_20210708-101150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcb018ed769790720cf43d3ac1fad24d.jpg

(Violet egg) from male peach alstro x female purple iris lineage

P.s. @Quinney you might want to change that link link in your post to a lineage link, not a view link.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Kinda confused about this week's breeding results.

breed-1.png.da51028ed892daf62d3fd01f8a2f114c.png

breed-2.png.98e30df687d1369a6d507cd458c95f59.png

Are these outcomes supposed to happen? Never happened to me before in six weeks of regular breeding since the release.

40 minutes ago, Gealach said:

Kinda confused about this week's breeding results.

breed-1.png.da51028ed892daf62d3fd01f8a2f114c.png

breed-2.png.98e30df687d1369a6d507cd458c95f59.png

Are these outcomes supposed to happen? Never happened to me before in six weeks of regular breeding since the release.

Oh, yeah.  this is totally normal.  An Iris can always give you either a Gold or a Purple Iris, and an Alstro bred with an Iris can give you a Pink, Purple, or Gold Alstro OR Iris.

It's a crazy Floret-y world!

12 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Oh, yeah.  this is totally normal.  An Iris can always give you either a Gold or a Purple Iris, and an Alstro bred with an Iris can give you a Pink, Purple, or Gold Alstro OR Iris.

It's a crazy Floret-y world!

Crazy indeed! Thank you, Kelkelen!

Just bred my florets. I only have 4 of the original (iris), but out of those 4 I got only one peach egg. The other 3 were "no egg is produced." At least it wasn't refusals, but I'm bummed.

My last lot of breeding resulted in quite a few peach going to the AP, and also quite a few not interested.  I'm waiting for others to come off cooldown now.

I got bunches of Lilacs and Golds, this week!  Alas, no more Magentas since my first one... but my breeding pairs are up to 13 CB pairs, 13 2G pairs, and 5 3G pairs.  So more are bound to happen, someday!

Still no Magentas for me...but plenty of all other colors of Florets XD

What have people had the most luck getting Magentas with? I've seen a lot of gold Iris x Peach alstro but anyone have better luck with some than others?*

*I know floret breeding is semi-random, but I'm willing to try anything at this point to get one XD

On 7/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, ShorahNagi said:

What have people had the most luck getting Magentas with? I've seen a lot of gold Iris x Peach alstro but anyone have better luck with some than others?*

I stopped tracking it a while ago, but in the early days I was tallying up the parents for the magentas, and the most common combo for a magenta was purple iris father x peach alstro mother—but every possible combination of iris x alstro was confirmed to work.

Once you have an alt color, crossing with a non-floret puts you back to the standard "egg will match one of the parents" except for the possibility that the color will not match if it's a floret egg.

Received this as a gift because I still haven't been able to bred one of my own. k13nd

And look! It worked! I now HAVE bred one, thanks to this foundation. Going to hide the egg though, because I'm literally about to start a 15-hour-drive and can't keep an eye on it.

Spoiler

835431677_MyFirstBredMagenta.png.36a2b992ce9c77b138948968f34e56bf.png

Edited by Fyrebird

So can the bred floret colors be obtained from purebreeding? like gold iris x gold iris, purple iris x purple iris, pink alstro x pink alstro?

I don't know if anyone has been able to attempt peach iris x peach iris yet, but I had a pair I was able to breed this morning. They produced another peach iris. Will add Progeny link once the little one has had a chance to grow a bit since I already traded the egg away. :)  

Edited by Kaityn

Whoo-hoo! Finally bred my own 2g magenta! Hidden for now.

899878092_Finallygotmyown.png.81fb013b05e53bc31f7bbd1bd44bc4a4.png

On 7/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, Paradisiske said:

So can the bred floret colors be obtained from purebreeding? like gold iris x gold iris, purple iris x purple iris, pink alstro x pink alstro?

On 7/20/2021 at 1:55 PM, Kaityn said:

I don't know if anyone has been able to attempt peach iris x peach iris yet

Looks like nobody answered these. To get an alt color (lavender or bronze alstro, magenta iris) into a lineage, you must breed an iris to an alstro. Once you have an alt color, breeding follows the standard rule that the offspring will match one of the parents, with color being random. The only other way to get an alt color (3g and up) is if one of the parents is an alt color. Thus, a gold iris x gold iris will only give you a purple or gold iris, but a magenta iris x gold (or purple) iris will give you an iris of any of the three colors. Likewise, a peach alstro x lavender (or bronze) alstro will give you an alstro of any color. Peach iris (aka magenta) x peach iris can give any color iris, including magenta.

The florets have always had a random color possibility. Even when it was just gold and purple, sometimes you could breed two golds together and get a purple, and vice versa. This continues with the addition of the new colors.

Thanks for the explanation, Fyrebird. I was able to summarise this in a few rules, non Alts being the variant you can get CB and Alts being bred only:

Breeding non Alt Iris with anything -> get any non Alt Iris

Breeding non Alt Alstro with anything -> get non Alt Austro

Breeding non Alt Iris with non Alt Alstro -> get any Iris or Alstro

Breeding Alt Iris with anything -> get any Iris 

Breeding Alt Alstro with anything -> get any Alstro 

Is that correct?

I just got a lilac alstro from two gold alstros. Just saying. Screenie, as I have gifted it and don't own it to post an actual link. But is that a new discovery ? I haven't time to read the whole thread, but it was a surprise....

image.png.7a388bc4f059d0576faf652e403435c5.png