Peach x Gold = Peach

Peach x Gold = Peach

Peach x Spring = Peach

Gold x Peach = Peach

Purple x Peach = Purple

Purple x Peach = Peach

Mutamore x Peach = Peach

5 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Do we know if the Pennybrights breed true when not purebred yet?

At least if bred to a CB from a biome they behave exactly like any other copper.

I got a rainbow copper egg from breeding a 2G penny x cb arcana.

co.PNG

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Okay, I did find this one interesting... so the Alstros don't always result in either Alstros or Magenta Irises.  Hmm!

Screenshot_20210620-120902_Firefox.jpg.e200c52c595997b103fcd1876d31b9a1.jpg

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

so the Alstros don't always result in either Alstros or Magenta Irises.  Hmm!

So, this is what I've come up with for rules, although I'm still working on a concise way to say it:

• Peach alstro x iris gives any of the six colors.
  • All of alt colors (lilac, bronze, magenta) are initially created by mixing a peach alstro with an iris.
  • Breeding your non-CBs uses the normal breeding rules (egg will match the breed of one of the parents) EXCEPT that the color is random within that breed (gold/purple/magenta for iris, peach/lilac/bronze for alstro). It CAN breed true, but it might not.
  • Peach alstro x peach alstro is the only combination guaranteed to breed true.

5 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

So, this is what I've come up with for rules, although I'm still working on a concise way to say it:

• Peach alstro x iris gives any of the six colors.
  • All of alt colors (lilac, bronze, magenta) are initially created by mixing a peach alstro with an iris.
  • Breeding your non-CBs uses the normal breeding rules (egg will match the breed of one of the parents) EXCEPT that the color is random within that breed (gold/purple/magenta for iris, peach/lilac/bronze for alstro). It CAN breed true, but it might not.
  • Peach alstro x peach alstro is the only combination guaranteed to breed true.

Here's how I've been starting to abbreviate the breeding info on my spreadsheet, in case it helps anybody else!

A= Alstro
I = Iris

P = Pink (Peach)
G = Gold
V = Violet (Purple)

So...

PA x PA = PA
(CB) PA x ?I = any A or (more rarely) any I
(2G+) ?A x ?A/I = any A or any I

For example, PA x VI could yield PA, GA, VA, or PI, GI, or VI, with an A being far more likely than an I.

I've just had 17 tries, lots of peach florets gone to the AP kept a couple of blue and a gold and brown.  Not one Magenta - gutted!  This brings back the nightmare of trying to breed  staterae, but at least I could buy them when they were cheep.

Not a happy camper right now!

1 hour ago, sasiadragon said:

Further adventures in breeding the new hybrids with non-florets:

F364F11B-1EC2-4F18-A8CD-E56A0BC326F6.jpeg.30ad59517691a545293248576ee124eb.jpeg47F980E3-4547-4236-9C2E-41112198D542.jpeg.a0dea3b7cc82bda98086906bf30e9b7d.jpeg
Both bred true

congratulations and thanks for the info i hope i get lucky find one myself soon 🤞

Yay!  Yayyyy!  Now... do I influence it male, to match breed, or female, to match color? Decisions, decisions...

Screenshot_20210623-104459_Firefox.jpg.7e940b5f5b4813938cd6544cde087320.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Yay!  Yayyyy!  Now... do I influence it male, to match breed, or female, to match color? Decisions, decisions...

Congrats! Maybe don't influence it and let the RNG decide?

That's what I'd do.... But if that's too tough you can give it to me !

22 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's what I'd do.... But if that's too tough you can give it to me !

Hehehe!  Well, I peeked ahead and saw that it would be female... but decided to go ahead and influence it male.  That way, it'll match the build of the father and the color of the mother... and that male Iris floret is just always so impressive!  🙂

But if I get another one, I'll keep you in mind!  ;)

Another fun thing I found :D

funny alstro.png

Edited by Magellan
pic edited

On 6/25/2021 at 2:01 PM, Magellan said:

Another fun thing I found :D

funny alstro.png

That is so interesting! I wonder if the Aeria Gloris being blue had any influence on the result, or if it was coincidence

Pure coincidence :D  But yeah, it kinda is fascinating, although it is  a lottery.
Alstro x Iris can give either breed and any of the colors. Breeding an Alstro to another dragon also seems to count as chance of Alstro and any of their colors.

image.png.0f5542ce780e17df8b0e29e0a96cd327.png

First magenta success! Phew.

In the news thread one player reported purple alstro from moonstone (which is blue too).