Shokomon

DC 15th Birthday Mechanism (& Breeding) Thread - Floret Focus

On 6/5/2021 at 3:19 AM, Shokomon said:

Glad I could help!

Aww, sorry. If it helps, Sapphire eggs usually turn shortly after they reach 4000 overall views (like around 4020-4080 views).

At least the egg is pink now.

They are pink but dead. Does abandoned eggs appear in AP on the same day? Considering that they were bred and died on the same day, I think it's possible they died due to egg sickness.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/kOai4

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eIWIj

At the same time, there was another egg I bred which was auto-abandoned. Now it's a lovely yellow hatchling 😍

I can't wait for slots to open up, so that I can try some experimentation of my own. 

Edited by Miraku
Removed link of the hatchling because I don't own it. Wasn't aware of this rule! Sorry!

23 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

I don't know if it's been confirmed or not, but my pennybright pair bred true. 

Hide contents

1509803209_Breedtrue.jpg.39ababfc9931553a7e195119f9b18a3a.jpg

22 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

This is what I just bred :D

florets.jpg

18 hours ago, Doll_81 said:

Linked to their progeny. 

Peach CB

Peaches and Herb 

Lovin’ Peach

Agent O0 Chonky Chicken

Floral Hag

Peach 2nd Gen

Dragon 0f Paradise

Pitted Peach (lineage link)

Purple Alt 2nd Gen

Agent oO Woodstock

Egg (lineage link)

My 2 2nd Gen Alt Golds did not produce eggs…

Hope this helps. 

18 hours ago, sorenna said:

Floret breeding results for science:

Peach x Purple: Peach

Peach x Purple: Brown

Peach x Purple: Lilac

Erador x Peach: Peach

Peach x Gold: Peach

Peach x Gold: Peach

Purple x Peach: Lilac

Purple x Peach: Lilac

Gold x Peach: Peach

Gold x Peach: Peach

12 hours ago, ylangylang said:

Saw a pink iris in the trading section. Gold iris x peach alstro. https://dragcave.net/lineage/7lYNt

Also, my peach alstro x pruple alstro gave me a purple alstro. https://dragcave.net/lineage/TCcQS 

5 hours ago, tjenni said:

Bred another 3rd gen to the AP https://dragcave.net/lineage/YrxuW

and this was just trying with a Holiday https://dragcave.net/lineage/uhNmu (up for grabs if someone wants, hope it is okay to post: Claim my eggs/hatchlings!)

Spreadsheet updated to here!

19 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Just found this topic (thanks @Shokomon for tagging me in the post so I got a notice!).

I have an update on magenta eggs: like the other colors, they are possible with every combination of the iris floret x peach alstro.
I don't think it's kosher to list them because they're not mine, but so far I have personally seen nine besides TJ's.

• 1 gold male x peach female
  • 2 peach male x gold female
  • 1 peach male x purple female
  • 5(!) purple male x peach female (with only nine data points I don't know if it's significant that the vast majority are from this color combo)

I have also been checking the lineages of the other colors that show up in the hatcheries, and I can confirm that all of the new colors can come out of any combination of a peach with a gold or purple—although the most common result BY FAR is a peach egg. (And after a second round of breeding I yet again only got peach eggs myself.)

So in summary:

Breeding a Peach/Pink Alstro with an Og Iris Floret (where Og = original alt floret, aka purple or gold) can result in the parents' breeds, an Og Iris-colored Floret, or a Pink Iris.

Also for Pink Alstro breeding with a Non-Floret, I've only seen Pink Alstro eggs.

We don't have any confirmation of a Pink Floret producing any alt Alstros. I assume it's true, but we can't prove it, because no one has posted a Pink Iris x Floret breeding, yet. 

But yeah, pink Alstros are definitely the most common, though part of that is that they were just released. The farther way we are from the release date, the easier it will be to see the true ratios. 

As far as 2nd gen results go, it's proven that all of the colors are available as long as one of the parents is peach and the other is an iris floret. We need to look to 3rd generation or higher to answer most of the remaining questions.

Still can't prove this for Pink Irises, but we also have evidence that, at least, Purple Alstro can breed true and/or throwing Gold/Pink Alstros, and Gold Alstros can breed true. So, we can say the following:

Pink Alstros -

1. Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro = Pink Alstro
  2. Pink Alstro x Og Iris = Parent Breed, Og Iris-Colored Alstro, Pink Iris
  3. Pink Alstro x Alt Alstro = Parent Breed? (Gold unconfirmed)
  4. Pink Alstro x Non-Floret = Parent Breed

Purple Alstros -

1. Purple Alstro x Og Iris = Parent Breed, Iris-Colored Alstro
  2. Purple Alstro x Pink Alstro = Parent Breed
  3. Purple Alstro x Non-Floret = Parent Breed, Pink Alstro

Gold Alstros -

1. Gold Alstro x Non-Floret = Parent Breed

Given: peach x peach should yield only peach.

• Does this mean that purple x purple and gold x gold will also now breed true?

I think Irises give gold or purple alts.

Not sure about PB Gold Alstros or PB Purple Alstros.

• Do the alt colors breed true? (Has anybody tried a bronze x bronze, etc?)

At least we know they can breed true, but don't know if PB Alstro Alts can only breed true.

• Can you get an alt color with an alstro x alstro or iris x iris? For this second generation it HAD to be alstro x iris because the peach color was required—but is that true going forward? (My theory is that they require an alstro x iris pairing but it will take a LOT of breeding to confirm that.)

Not with Irises, but who knows with the Alstros. PB Pink Alstro is a no, but otherwise? 

• We have seen proof that a purple can lay a gold egg and vice versa, but I have only seen that when the mate was a different breed. Are there any recent (since the rules may have changed) of a matched-color iris pairing giving the other color of egg?

It's great to know that they can breed true. I've been told coppers have convoluted breeding rules, which I have not read, so I don't know if this will always be true.

That's awesome!! At least one instance of an alt color breeding true.

...and one that didn't.

Both of these were paired with non-florets, and had completely opposite results.

You know what, Florets are weird. 

10 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Almost time for a new round of Floret experiments!  I should have some 3rd-gens to add to the list, this time.  Also, I'm still curious to see if the biome/color of the alt drop rotates, or if it will always be this way. 

I have to say, I LOVE these sprites, both Iris and Alstro.  I'm absolutely addicted to collecting them!  Can hardly pass up any eggs in the AP, even!

They are really lovely.

7 hours ago, Miraku said:

They are pink but dead. Does abandoned eggs appear in AP on the same day? Considering that they were bred and died on the same day, I think it's possible they died due to egg sickness.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/kOai4

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eIWIj

At the same time, there was another egg I bred which was auto-abandoned. Now it's a lovely yellow hatchling 😍

I can't wait for slots to open up, so that I can try some experimentation of my own. 

Aw I'm sorry. At lease one survived. 

I'm waiting for my Pink Alstro F to be ready to breed again to try with a diferent dragon, because she said no to my Sophos Cantomaris, and I'm still sad about it. 

6 hours ago, tjenni said:

Bred another 3rd gen to the AP https://dragcave.net/lineage/YrxuW

and this was just trying with a Holiday https://dragcave.net/lineage/uhNmu (up for grabs if someone wants, hope it is okay to post: Claim my eggs/hatchlings!)

I'm sorry, it seems as if my answer wasn't saved... So better late than never: Thank you for the Floret. ❤️

Has anybody seen this before?

Spoiler

601578855_cantfindmate.png.acd733191c131c34b36e1503a069e694.png

I'm really hacked off because I finally got a purple floret to breed with, and I was hoping to get my first non-peach egg... and then this happens. The worst thing is, it counted as a breeding attempt so now I'm locked out for a week with both this dragon and the male it said it couldn't find.

I'm reporting this on the technical difficulties topic as well, because this is beyond annoying.

This happens to me often, when I click "breed" on many dragons in different tabs. Sometimes I breed one mate in let's say the first tab and because the second tab has been opened before the breeding in the first tab has taken place, the mate is shown as available there too. But of course it's no more available and when I try to breed the dragon again, I get this message.

Sorry, hard to explain for a non-native speaker. 

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Sorry, hard to explain for a non-native speaker. 

No, I understood your explanation just fine. And I do have a problem with my mouse sometimes double-clicking when I single-click, so that could be what happened to me this time.

The TLQ crew suggested I check my action log, which shows I did breed the dragons, and that the egg was auto abandoned because silly me didn't double-check that I wasn't egg-locked. So, strange message notwithstanding, I have yet again gotten a peach egg. I swear I'm doomed to never breed an alt color.

If I remember to check 3 days from now, I'll see if I can recover it from the AP. But in this case, I guess I'm relieved that it was peach because I won't feel the loss as keenly.

I haven't done much breeding of Florets, but I did a little bit:

Purple Iris F (2g) x Peach Alstro M (CB) = Purple Alstro F (/lineage/r2YFj)

Gold Iris F (CB) X Peach Alstro M (CB) = Gold Alstro F (/lineage/oOz3k)

Purple Iris F (CB) x Peach Alstro M (CB) = Peach Alstro M (/lineage/R0EyP)

Lineages of eggs I've picked up from the AP:

Peach Alstro F (CB) x Gold Iris M (CB) = Peach Alstro F (/lineage/GMWfb)

Gold Iris F (CB) x Peach Alstro M (CB) = Gold Alstro F (/lineage/hjDPC)

I forgot to check how much space I had, so it got auto'd, but a Gold Iris/Peach Alestro threw a purple Alestro.

DATAAA.png

Finally got a non-peach egg!

Spoiler

image.png.dfa0967d2be2ea29b86f714a38432e31.png

Too bad it wasn't a z-code, but I am keeping it anyway!

Spoiler

image.png.ad220dafb20f81cef0ee62e005feb900.png

And my second!

Edited by purplehaze

Don't know if this was already discussed, but I found a green Nilia with this lineage Unbenannt.png.41fd182bec1f29909c68df7886a7a124.png

So far I thought, both parents need to be a.) fertilized (and maybe they were) AND b.) Nilias. Guess I was wrong :D

41 minutes ago, Magellan said:

So far I thought, both parents need to be a.) fertilized (and maybe they were) AND b.) Nilias. Guess I was wrong :D

As long as they are both fertilized they do not both have to be Nilias. I have this and this from mixed parents. I want to checker them with Dusk pygmies. :)

10 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I forgot to check how much space I had, so it got auto'd, but a Gold Iris/Peach Alestro threw a purple Alestro.

That's what happened to me, also. At least mine was a peach so I wasn't heartbroken. I'd have been more upset if I'd finally bred a non-peach only to lose it to my own mistake.

While it's in no way a guarantee, if you change your parents' names to request the person contact you, you might be able to get it back from whomever picks it up from the AP.

I managed to breed a second this round once I had more space, so it's not a big deal for me and it's a nice treat for an AP hunter. If it had been a pink Iris I probably would have been more upset, but purple Alstroes seem easy enough to breed overall.

Some breeding results... FOR SCIENCE!

2G Pink Alstro from Pink Alstro × Gold Floret × 2G Gold Alstro from Pink Alstro x Gold Floret = Peach egg

2G Gold Alstro from Pink Alstro x Purple Iris × CB Purple Iris = Peach egg

2G Pink Alstro from Pink Alstro x Purple Iris × CB Purple Iris = Gold egg

CB Gold Iris x CB Pink Alstro = Peach egg

CB Purple Iris x CB Pink Alstro = Lilac egg

CB Purple Iris x CB Pink Alstro = Lilac egg

Yay!  I finally got a couple of lilacs!  Now, if I can just breed that elusive Pink Iris... 

This is a 4th gen. Purple Alstro from a Purple Alstro x Gold Alstro pair

https://dragcave.net/lineage/HSLLy

**Also just breed (most) of my Coppers to Aeria Gloris [and one to a Galvanic] - All pairs either gave me no egg or the egg of the other breed (so a spot of bad luck that I didn't even get an "old" copper)

Edited by ShorahNagi
Adding about Copper breeding

4 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

So... on a whole, what would be the most useful to "test for", now?

Aside from more Floret pairs and experiments [ex. Seeing if a previously bred pair throws the same offspring, etc] I know there was a need to see if secondary lightning element dragons [Galvanic and Aeria Gloris] could also produce Pennybright eggs when breeding with the 3 original copper colors.

I tried earlier (as noted in my above post) - but all I got was the other breed, or no egg (and thanks to Mobile lag, 3 wasted attempts as lag made me select the wrong mate)

I have a few Floret hybrid successes to share for science! No magenta Irises yet, but I'm hoping to try another round again later this evening. I'll edit this post and add in anything I manage!

For now, though, here!

Golden Alstro from Golden Iris father and Pink Alstro mother (and it gave a Peach Alstro with a Golden Iris mother)

Purple Alstro from Golden Iris father and Pink Alstro mother (which gave a Purple Alstro with a Purple Iris mother)

Purple Alstro from Pink Alstro father and Purple Iris mother

Found another magenta egg, a very messy 29th generation. This was yet another purple iris father x peach alstro mother, the most common combination.

Can I post links here for people to look at for their encyclopedia pages, if they're not mine? This topic has a much lower viewership than the release, so it shouldn't get viewbombed. I have the egg sprite unlocked (but none of the others) becasue I've managed to find 12 of these suckers, of which 10 are now adults (plus TJ's 3).

And, I just found a messy 6th gen, also still an egg. This one was peach alstro m x purple f.

For the record, my personal code collection (none mine) now includes:

• 2 gold iris m x peach alstro f
  • 2 peach alstro m x gold iris f
  • 2 peach alstro m x purple iris f
  • 7 purple iris m x peach alstro f
Edited by Fyrebird
Question about posting

Found this combination on a fansite.

Spoiler

download.png

Edited by eccoshop