TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Earthquake CAN leave eggs unaffected - so get everything else done before you do it.

Do stunned Electric hatchlings revert to regular Electrics when teleported?

33 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Do stunned Electric hatchlings revert to regular Electrics when teleported?

no they do not

6 hours ago, Ravensilver said:

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to change the color of the new Copper hybrid just a touch. It looks so similar to the Rainbow Copper that I'm having a very hard time telling them apart. Perhaps a touch brighter? Or more yellowy.... or something?

That would be a great help. ❤️

The easiest way I have found to tell if you have a New Penny is to use the temporary sort button on the right side top of your scroll. Sort by "breed". If your new egg sorts under the Verdigris (green) Copper it's a New Penny.

Three 2g pb sapphire eggs (now pink) sent to the AP. Bred at 8:51 and 8:53, for those who want to track the time to figure out when they'll make the front page.

Usually I don't post on the forums but I finally got a magenta floret!

image.png.233e48ceaac10a2d3e54e272c4a76a7f.png

They must be rare-ish right now, because out of 11 breedings now this is the only one I've gotten.

13 hours ago, purplehaze said:

So, what should I do with my blue Sapphire egg from yellow parents? Should I give it away so that the new owner can choose to make it either blue or yellow? Or should I drop it and have it turn pink. It would be kind of cool to have a different color for each generation, but . . . personally I prefer the blue.

I don't intend to keep it in any case.

Yes, if it is on your scroll as a blue egg it counts once toward your blue eggs. The system can't count the same egg again when it turns yellow.

Visit some hatcheries for yellow eggs or look in the trade hub.

I did, and found none- All hatchies. But thank you anyways.

Edit: Got it filled out now thanks to help from a kind user in a pm

Edited by Halo--Cat
No longer sad about dracopedia entry

1 minute ago, Halo--Cat said:

I did, and found none- All hatchies. But thank you anyways.

Yeah, yellow eggs are going to be really hard to come across because making them sick is pretty much a requirement if you want them to turn yellow before hatching, and it'll usually kill them before they make it to hatching (speaking from personal experience sadly). The best thing to do is keep combing hatcheries and the Trading Hub for potential eggs, even if it takes a while, or make your own yellow at the risk of potentially killing it.

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Yeah, yellow eggs are going to be really hard to come across because making them sick is pretty much a requirement if you want them to turn yellow before hatching, and it'll usually kill them before they make it to hatching (speaking from personal experience sadly). The best thing to do is keep combing hatcheries and the Trading Hub for potential eggs, even if it takes a while, or make your own yellow at the risk of potentially killing it.

You really don't have to make them sick.  At all.  Get all the views after 24 hours passes.  They also turn yellow as hatchlings.  I wish folks would stop saying you have to make them sick to get yellow.  You don't, not in any way, shape, or form.

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

I actually got it filled out, as ded eggs from lineages still count, (had links sent to me via pm.)

Also a good strat I got my first and only yellow to survive, by;

waiting to 5 days on its timer , spamming hatcheries, and having it warded during the spam. 
Once it got to 280 UVs,I started using the auto refresher to get it to 4k-4,150 veiws, and hid it as soon as it turned. this ensured it would not only hatch, but survive after turning. I only unhid it after the eggs timer dropped below 4days. It pretty much auto hatched after that, and now its hidden as a hatchie on my scroll, while i wait for it to be able to grow up.

6 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

You really don't have to make them sick.  At all.  Get all the views after 24 hours passes.  They also turn yellow as hatchlings.  I wish folks would stop saying you have to make them sick to get yellow.  You don't, not in any way, shape, or form.

If you're trying to turn an egg yellow or get the egg entry in the encyclopedia for it, then it's a lot harder to keep them from getting sick with the 4k OV requirement attached (which is what's being discussed here).

6 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

I actually got it filled out, as ded eggs from lineages still count, (had links sent to me via pm.)

Also a good strat I got my first and only yellow to survive, by;

waiting to 5 days on its timer , spamming hatcheries, and having it warded during the spam. 
Once it got to 280 UVs,I started using the auto refresher to get it to 4k-4,150 veiws, and hid it as soon as it turned. this ensured it would not only hatch, but survive after turning. I only unhid it after the eggs timer dropped below 4days. It pretty much auto hatched after that, and now its hidden as a hatchie on my scroll, while i wait for it to be able to grow up.

That's a good strategy; I'll have to keep that in mind for the current Sapphire I'm planning on turning yellow.

Edited by Myoukin

2 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

If you're trying to turn an egg yellow or get the egg entry in the encyclopedia for it, then it's a lot harder to keep them from getting sick with the 4k OV requirement attached (which is what's being discussed here).

Ah, sorry.  I didn't realize it had to do with the encyclopedia.

3 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Ah, sorry.  I didn't realize it had to do with the encyclopedia.

eh thats ok, you had good intentions ^^

I think your right actually.
My Yellow sapph egg nearly didnt get sick, so its probably possible. Just hard. 

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

That's a good strategy; I'll have to keep that in mind for the current Sapphire I'm planning on turning yellow.

Glad I could help. Hope it helps you get yellows!

1 hour ago, Rhikasa said:

I got one of the new floret eggs from this pair: https://dragcave.net/lineage/fEqCX. I’m not sure if people are still looking into how to get the new florets, so I’m not sure how helpful this is, but I thought that I’d leave this here just in case.

Congrats! That is in fact the rarest color for now (yours makes the 9th one I know of, not counting TJ's.

We've pretty much figured out that getting them in a second generation egg required breeding a peach to one of the other cave-available florets (purple or gold).

- Peach x peach, we were told, should only breed peach (although some early glitch colors were allowed to stand).

- There were no recorded cases of purple and gold mixes generating a new color.

- There were no recorded cases of peach x non-floret generating a new color.

As we get into the 3rd generation testing, this is where things will get interesting. My current theory is that the breed-only colors require one iris-type floret and one alstro-type floret, but since there haven't been any third-generations bred yet (to my knowledge) that's just a wild guess that I'd love to see explored.

Since the existing purples and golds sometimes throw the other color, it will be interesting to see whether, for example, a bronze x bronze breeds true, breeds random, or defaults back to peach. Will a purple iris x purple alstro give a purple, or again give a random color? Will peach alstro continue to be the most common result, or is that just because it's the newest cb egg and the cave is trying to achieve balance?

Sadly, all of my second generations were peach (which I love, don't get me wrong) so I can't help with the color testing. I'll be here cheering on and theorizing, as well as recording. I'm working on a simplified version of the experiment sheet, now that we can leave out the fields that relate to other breeds (such as affinity).

22 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm so very grateful that DC is one of those rare online games that's still going strong after 15 years! When I first started I got some friends on an unrelated forum interested and for awhile there were like 20 of us sharing our dragons and talking about them. Unfortunately I'm the only one from that group that still plays. Sometimes I like to look back at how DC used to be and see how far it's come and how much it's grown. 

When I first started I got a couple of irl friends to play with me and we helped each other collect the eggs we wanted. They all stopped over time as well. Ah, the good old days

48 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Congrats! That is in fact the rarest color for now (yours makes the 9th one I know of, not counting TJ's.

We've pretty much figured out that getting them in a second generation egg required breeding a peach to one of the other cave-available florets (purple or gold).

- Peach x peach, we were told, should only breed peach (although some early glitch colors were allowed to stand).

- There were no recorded cases of purple and gold mixes generating a new color.

- There were no recorded cases of peach x non-floret generating a new color.

As we get into the 3rd generation testing, this is where things will get interesting. My current theory is that the breed-only colors require one iris-type floret and one alstro-type floret, but since there haven't been any third-generations bred yet (to my knowledge) that's just a wild guess that I'd love to see explored.

Since the existing purples and golds sometimes throw the other color, it will be interesting to see whether, for example, a bronze x bronze breeds true, breeds random, or defaults back to peach. Will a purple iris x purple alstro give a purple, or again give a random color? Will peach alstro continue to be the most common result, or is that just because it's the newest cb egg and the cave is trying to achieve balance?

Sadly, all of my second generations were peach (which I love, don't get me wrong) so I can't help with the color testing. I'll be here cheering on and theorizing, as well as recording. I'm working on a simplified version of the experiment sheet, now that we can leave out the fields that relate to other breeds (such as affinity).

Thank you! I haven’t been keeping close track of all the floret testing that’s been going on since it all feels a bit overwhelming for me, but I saw someone’s post earlier that got the new peach iris floret egg from breeding a peach alstro floret and a gold iris floret, so I tried giving it a go with my dragons. I got a peach alstro with my other two cb florets (peach alstro x gold iris) and then the new gold alstro egg with the pair in the link I shared above. (Hopefully I used the correct terminology here. I’m a tad confused with it, but the new release wiki says the old variants are iris and the new ones are alstro.)

It will be interesting to see what happens with the third gen results once we get there. I’ve only seen the new eggs come from iris floret x peach alstro floret pairings so far, so I wonder if it’ll be the same with the third gen florets as well.

I haven't even SEEN a pink in the AP. This is going to be another egg that is simply impossible to get.

I. GOT. A. CB. PINK. SAPPHIRE. Thank you kind stranger for accepting my trade offer!

What did it cost? A Paper, my only CB Green Canto, a CB Zyu and a CB Xeno. 4 for 1, haha... I'm praying this won't be the ratio going forward... No joke, the Pink Sapphires are becoming my least favorite breed...

Still trying for a Pink Sapphire, of any lineage!  I've seen about an average of 1 a day -- sooo much worse than the former Holly hunting!  😞 I do have my one nice Yellow, though. 

I'm curious about the Florets.  Wondering if there are any upcoming surprises, like Alstros rotating which biome they drop in by month or something -- i.e., 1 month Pink Alstros drop in the jungle, the next month, Pink Irises drop in the Jungle but Gold Alstros in the Alpine, the next month it's Irises in the Jungle and Apline, but Purple Alstros in the Forest. 

Or, have we discovered the full mechanic already?  Hmm...

Someone probably tried this earlier, but I bred a yellow to a pink and got a blue. The expected outcome, but I thought I'd try. If pinks were a little easier to get a hold of this could lead to some super pretty lineage games.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ta8iu

Still yet to pick up a Pink Sapphire, and traded my Yellow for a gorgeous 2G SAlt - Shame they don't seem to bred true, the Pinks are shaping up to be an absolute nightmare to get nice lineages for.

3 minutes ago, LouLi said:

Someone probably tried this earlier, but I bred a yellow to a pink and got a blue. The expected outcome, but I thought I'd try. If pinks were a little easier to get a hold of this could lead to some super pretty lineage games.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ta8iu

Neither of the new sapphires can be got directly from breeding. Infinis has said she MIGHT be open to that happening very rarely for the pinks, but...

The yellows are easy enough though - so you could get a blue/yellow checker.

For me personally in all my 9 years of playing, sprite changes and dramas witnessed on here this birthday ruined the game for me completely... So much unnecesarry frustration and mechanincs... Like we all still have so much time in life to play this game after middle school?

Pink Sapphires impossible to obtain as CBs mechanics, and eliminating Blue Sapphires from AP... Ruining lineages for those who build them ... No green nilia pygmies in AP... Forcing players to use BSAs they never intended to due high risk of losing dragons and blocking scroll with death aka Earthquake...

Forcing into trading because you can't obtain everything on your own... Day/Time based dragons again when people already struggle with all old breeds designed this way due time zones...

As I see it 1 CB Pink Sapphire from cave not market will be worth 1 CB Neglected for people who have no time to sit in cave hunting... rip scroll goals.

I wasn't very active in last 4 years and I think I will be even less from now on because on days I actually do find the time to sit in cave 1 hour I don't see a single Sapphire nor Cantormaris in cave anymore and around 100 people camping in AP... The game became hopeless for people with good internet.. Can't imagine how players with bad internet suffer now.

5 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

It IS ? I was hoping for a magenta but here's another for your book then:  It's a hatchie now:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nGFeQ