TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

3 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

ooh nice!

7 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Nice! You’re on a roll. Thanks! 😊

I just remembered a purple hybrid from DR and gave it a go. It's nothing specific to me, I've just been in the right place right time for this stuff.

Also, anyone notice that coppers and Royal crimsons got an update? The royal crimson update is really subtle but it's slightly larger and looks less blurry. The copper update is more ovbious.

Edited by blockEdragon

6 minutes ago, Solaries said:

So, I grabbed a bunch of Florets and they were all different colors. But when I looked at my scroll, they’re all orange... 🤔

First 2 were a lavendar shade, next 3 were orange and when I checked back on my scroll, all were orange.

1 minute ago, High Lord November said:

Warding a Cantormaris egg produces a site error, but warding other eggs seems to be fine.

If you got an error, you possibly found one before the site was ready. Hope influence isnt the other. Will make it too hard to get the genders for the other colors.

Just now, dragongrrl said:

First 2 were a lavendar shade, next 3 were orange and when I checked back on my scroll, all were orange.

Yeah, I got one lavender, one pink, and one orange. Then it all became orange. I’m not sure if it’s a bug though..

Everything I've grabbed so far has been orange, but I started grabbing 15min after the top of the hour.

8 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

If you got an error, you possibly found one before the site was ready. Hope influence isnt the other. Will make it too hard to get the genders for the other colors.

The only other BSAs I'd consider are Vampires and EQ, both which are difficult! Vampire just turned the egg into a vampire lol, not sure what I expected. Too scared to try EQ since I grabbed a Floret from the wrong biome and need to wait to free up an egg slot to grab one from the Jungle :( But if the most recent action overrides the type, even with Influence being an option, it should be doable... except for traded Cantormaris! 

ETA: I did EQ, so I guess we'll see if it has anything to do with the variant.

Edited by High Lord November

7 minutes ago, Syiren said:

This was a different shade of purple from the normal ones though. 

image.png.b363f2e0d79fa17e45d71155d509638f.png

(Thank goodness for the back button)

Oh sorry, I should have clarified - TJ's post says only one variant is available in the cave. So the two colours dropping was probably a mistake - but rather than give you a regular Floret, he updated the code to give everyone the correct variant. 

Can anyone else confirm the Royal Blue x Royal Crimson thing? No luck with three breedings so far. 

Edit again: Nevermind! Fourth time's a charm :)

Edited by kerrikins

1 minute ago, High Lord November said:

But if the most recent action overrides the type, even with Influence being an option, it should be doable... except for traded Cantormaris! 

And the default -- the Mundus.

I tried two or three different matings of royal crimsons and royal blues and only got crimson eggs.

2 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Oh sorry, I should have clarified - TJ's post says only one variant is available in the cave. So the two colours dropping was probably a mistake - but rather than give you a regular Floret, he updated the code to give everyone the correct variant. 

Can anyone else confirm the Royal Blue x Royal Crimson thing? No luck with three breedings so far. 

Ooh.. that makes sense about the Florets. Well. I’m locked, lol. So, I’ll try the others later. 😆

1 minute ago, kerrikins said:

Ahh, I see. that makes a lot more sense. S'all good. I always have a mini panic mode with new eggs, and I was expecting this drop during the weekend. lol. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Oh, I hope that influence isn't one of the new BSAs to use on the Cantos.  It'll just make things harder, I think.

Oh, I performed EQ on the egg and got a new shadow for my Cantormaris encyclopedia page! No guarantee it wasn't there when I tried to Ward it, but I don't think my wards were successful since I got site error. I guess we'll see when I pick up a new Canto egg and ward it - if I get another new shadow then the first was definitely EQ. So it looks like influence isn't one of the BSAs.

Or if someone else tries to ward and doesn't have a new shadow, that's also a confirmation. Let me know!

Edited by High Lord November

I keep trying to ward my canto and all I get is an error message...I'm on mobile chrome....

Nevermind lol. Got it to work.

Edited by Jazeki

When I used ward, I checked the encyclopedia and noticed there's 5 now, strangely with the hatchling form showing ? isnt there 4 alts or am i crazy

image.thumb.png.3c3392acb522e6a4f21393364c9e4fb7.png

17 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I just remembered a purple hybrid from DR and gave it a go. It's nothing specific to me, I've just been in the right place right time for this stuff.

Also, anyone notice that coppers and Royal crimsons got an update? The royal crimson update is really subtle but it's slightly larger and looks less blurry. The copper update is more ovbious.

Oh wow, just saw the updates. Thankfully not drastic enough to really change things, but I feel like the Coppers are just kinda oversaturated now? Especially the red/rainbow. 

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

Also--4 nilia pairs gave me one no interest and 3 alts.  So perhaps easy to produce.

Did you use fertility on both of the parents or just one?

I've tried all my Crimsons and Blues and only got Crimsons or no interest or no egg. Bummed.

Ooo! Happy birthday dragon cavee! (3

Good luck breeding and catching everyone! :D

One Cantor changes position (moves below red) with Ward.

Hybrid is from the two Royals (Crimson and Blue).

Sapphire pink needs to be willfully abandoned.