TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Okay.... break it down....

• The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

I get the feeling this one has to do with view counts. Perhaps there is a number that above or below gives you a certain color?

• The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Okay, maybe you have to breed the correct color combo to get the new one.

• A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Gonna skip this one.

• Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

My money is on the Stun BSA having something to do with this one.

• Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

My guess is that the colors are tied to a day of the week and one day you can get any color.

• Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Hmmm, do they mean brand new BSAs or just different ones from the others? If so, Influence, Earthquake or Ward would be my guess.

• Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Probably have to use Fertility on Nilias before breeding them?

• And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

I give up. Just gonna bang my head on the wall for a bit. My brain is overclocked.

2 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I got it by stunning it.

Confirms what I thought from TJ's hint. That was probably the easy one. XD But you've gotta have a hatchie first.

8 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Are the Florets actually dropping? I feel like I haven't seen any, so far. 

I'm pretty sure I just saw a ton drop in the jungle just now. Grabbed 2 of them

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Confirms what I thought from TJ's hint. That was probably the easy one. XD But you've gotta have a hatchie first.

I used to really not like the breed but when the update dropped I went into electric overdrive and thus had one on hand. I didn't even think anything of the flood until I saw the post, I just thought I was getting super lucky and could fill up my hoard.

EDIT: WOW That hatchie's clocks skyrocketed, this might be my highest count ever!

Edited by blockEdragon

Seems the Florets are the *only* thing dropping now, I guess the 'new release' drop just kicked in or something. 

happy birthday!

I've already tried so many different pairs for these hybrids... at least all those empty egg slots aren't going to waste :)

So, I grabbed a bunch of Florets and they were all different colors. But when I looked at my scroll, they’re all orange... 🤔

I am feeling grumpy because I am tired, tired, tired of breeds with alts and unpredictable breeding habits.

Between the announcements about alts, colors and hybrids, I can’t tell which eggs are actually new.

Plus, I do NOT like Xenos; Gemshards; I suppose because breeding them is a royal pain.

Edited by missy_

Using Fertility on both nilias can give you the new alt. Haven't tried using Fertility on just one parent yet.

So I checked the actions page for each species of dragon... I don't see any new BSAs, so I'm assuming for the Cantormaris dragons, it means "two new variants associated with previously unused BSAs" instead of "two new BSAs, which happen to effect Cantormaris dragons."

I don't mind ones that are fairly easy to figure out, but tbh the BSA ones kind of make my head hurt :P Though it's easier once other people have figured it out for me, haha. The Nilia one is pretty easy, though! 

Yup, my Florets went from Purple to Orange after viewing them.

Okay, this is a bit too much too fast. I had 2 new purple florets. I was fine with that. Then there was chatter of orange ones dropping. I grabbed two of those, and now ALL of my new florets are orange? What the heck happened to my purple? I wouldn't have grabbed more if they were gonna change. Can this be corrected and changed back to two purple, please?

Yay, Happy Birthday DC! It's also my mod anniversary :)

hey does anyone know if the rules around new releases are also apply to hybrids (i.e. two correct parents wouldn't produce an egg that isn't an alt)? 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Okay, this is a bit too much too fast. I had 2 new purple florets. I was fine with that. Then there was chatter of orange ones dropping. I grabbed two of those, and now ALL of my new florets are orange? What the heck happened to my purple? I wouldn't have grabbed more if they were gonna change. Can this be corrected and changed back to two purple, please?

Probably what happened is that the first two you grabbed were supposed to be orange... 😕 Not sure that sort of thing can be fixed, I think they'd assume that most people will want the new egg over a regular one. 

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

2 minutes ago, wbmorgan said:

Yup, my Florets went from Purple to Orange after viewing them.

So did mine.  But I love purple.  My hair is dark lavender/purple.

1 minute ago, blockEdragon said:

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

Nice! You’re on a roll. Thanks! 😊

2 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Probably what happened is that the first two you grabbed were supposed to be orange... 😕 Not sure that sort of thing can be fixed, I think they'd assume that most people will want the new egg over a regular one. 

This was a different shade of purple from the normal ones though. 

image.png.b363f2e0d79fa17e45d71155d509638f.png

(Thank goodness for the back button)

6 minutes ago, Mathcat said:

Using Fertility on both nilias can give you the new alt. Haven't tried using Fertility on just one parent yet.

Do both parents have to be Nilia?