TJ09

2021-04-01 - Happy...First of April?

6 minutes ago, milotic9999 said:

Do you only get one chance?

Yep! Once a year.

I say nothing every year and get eaten every year... except this one where whoever else playing also said nothing :) 

Said nothing, got nothing. Didn't realise I only got the one shot too.

Since there's absolutely zero reason to say nothing, I guess I'll just click blame every other year from now on?

Said nothing so the other person could get a special egg but they did the same so now we both have a normal egg xD

Had the same thing happen to me last year lmao

The only chance to get a flipped mint is to blame the other person... so really there is no reason to say nothing if we are hoping for the special mint. Unless we want to offer the chance to get the flippen mint to the other person

Edited by Iside

Eaten.  By Uncle Stan.  Just like Thanksgiving.  

Dude needs to go on a diet. 

Did TJ's feggs crack last year? They say they were stolen on March 31 2021! Just another prank, I'm assuming?

Edited by High Lord November

rip me

The first time I actually here for the event and I got ate. :lol:

Edited by Lady Dragoon

FINALLY got one!

Bless you kind person, sorry that you get eaten, i hope you could teleport out quick enough!

I'm dragon food, oh well maybe I'll get lucky next year.

42 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Did TJ's feggs crack last year? They say they were stolen on March 31 2021! Just another prank, I'm assuming?

Those eggs are basically loops, they hatch into a 'brand new' egg every time they hatch. 

While I understand the 'April Fools' point of the Dilemma and the fact that not everyone understands the options is kind of just part of that, it does make me a little sad to see all the posts in this thread from people not understanding that they actually need to pick a specific option in order to have a chance at the upside-down mint at all. There is no possible way to get an upside-down mint if you 'say nothing'. (Unless you catch one in the AP that someone else abandoned.)  (I saw a post earlier where someone said they said nothing and got an upside-down mint but as far as I know that's not possible... According to the actual text in the Dilemma...)

Edited by HeatherMarie

So I was told it was a special egg and showed an upside down mint egg but on my dragon page it is right side up. Is that normal?

LOL! I am soooooooo mad at myself.

Read on for Old Man Lynn's Story hour--I hope someone learns from my mistake. (TL;DR at end)

Okay, I recently came back from a 6+year hiatus. Thus I've got NO clue what the April Fool's thing is. So at midnight this morning, I'm in the AP/on my scroll making sure my new releases are doing okay. And I have plenty of space to grab new eggs.

It hits midnight. Site goes down.

No big thing, I close tab and reopen a new one. Just type the url into the bar.

However, because of my history, I don't get taken to the home/landing page... I go right to the Coast! SO I have no idea what's happening and I'm thrown right into the 'Dragon's' Dilemma game. Oh cool! This must be the thing for the day! I know how to play this game from the Zero Escape series. This is cute. I pick A--you always Ally in the AB game for good endings~ (sometimes)

Get eaten.

Lol, okay, that was silly. Let's play again!

Only... where did it go? Why can't I find this thing anymore? What the what?

Head to the forums and find out, nope you don't play it throughout the day until you win, you only get 1 shot and you must pray to the RNGods that they favor you. Also, there is no other player, you are 'playing' against the RNG coding.

Go to bed grumpy, but resolve to just collect Flip-kin.

Later, after sleep, I talk to the Fam about it. Some of them have old scrolls they haven't logged into in years. One logs in and navigates to a random biomes while I watch.

And she just--this is where I could kick myself--reads the rules and points a sentence I MISREAD out to me.

I had thought: The person who IS Accused gets the Special egg.

What it said was: The person who DOES the Accusing gets the Special egg.

She clicks to throw the 'other guy' under the bus, and now has a flippy boy on her scroll. Not that she's going to start playing again, but she will raise the thing.

I set myself up for failure, yo! x'D I'm mad at myself. But as long as the rules are the same each year I know what to do now. And if I forget, I'll at least remember to CAREFULLY READ the rules and make sure it says what I think it says.

TL;DR:

I misread how to play the game. Got ate. Thank you people who post screencaps for showing me other outcomes. I now know normal egg = normal mint.

BONUS: Going to actions to hide the egg... she couldn't Abandon OR Kill the egg, only Hide was available. Once you have it, that's your egg. So to all you good souls out there? All you can do is collect upside-down mints and breed them and release their children into the AP for us unlucky (or sleep deprived) players to collect.

Who knows? Maybe by sacrificing myself to the RNGods, I'll have good luck this coming year...

I hope.

Hope someone enjoyed my journey!

::Edit::

x'D Okay, we both forgot about the 5 hour window.

And I meant for people to breed their Flipped mints to get Normal Mint eggs so other players can collect Flipped Kin.

Thanks again all!

Edited by Happy Dragon

25 minutes ago, Happy Dragon said:

BONUS: Going to actions to hide the egg... she couldn't Abandon OR Kill the egg, only Hide was available. Once you have it, that's your egg. So to all you good souls out there? All you can do is collect upside-down mints and breed them and release their children into the AP for us unlucky (or sleep deprived) players to collect.

Who knows? Maybe by sacrificing myself to the RNGods, I'll have good luck this coming year...

I hope.

Hope someone enjoyed my journey!

You can abandon (she was just on the 5-hour cooldown).  In fact multiple players do abandon them every year (myself included). 

So keep an eye on the AP a few days from now and you might get lucky, though the competition is fierce and they'll be hidden among lineaged Mints that other players will have bred. 

39 minutes ago, Happy Dragon said:

So to all you good souls out there? All you can do is collect upside-down mints and breed them and release their children into the AP for us unlucky (or sleep deprived) players to collect.

Nah, doesnt work, all children will be normal mints, just the one special egg is upside down

Awww, I got munched again this year haha.  Maybe next time.

I kinda miss the funky sprites we got last year, those were fun

Edited by Dekka

1 hour ago, DragonNeko said:

Can you trade upside down Mints?

No. They are not tradable. You can only abandon.

53 minutes ago, deathwisp said:

So I was told it was a special egg and showed an upside down mint egg but on my dragon page it is right side up. Is that normal?

It should show upside down on its view page, but on your scroll page it will look normal.

Thanks again all.

Well, looks like my cousin will have a choice to make later.

Because sure, she doesn't have a flipped mint, from being on hiatus, but she's not going to come back. So she's not going to bred it, you know?

And it's that thing of having a special hard to get dragon that you just don't breed when you can yeet it into the AP for someone else to love. Heck, even if the hunter already has 50, at least they can and will breed the upside-down mint for people to collect flipped-kin from.

And I can see this being the very reason they can't be teleported, or she would have just thrown it right at me to have, since I'm back in the game and she's not.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.