TJ09

2021-04-01 - Happy...First of April?

10 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

Right, I meant to say on View when I click on the egg... why would they give out NORMAL Mint eggs for the event? Makes no sense...

One of the options might give a normal Mint egg (or at least one did last year). Could you have accidentally hit the choice that offers that?

Edited by Mystic_Halo

2 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

One of the options does give a normal Mint egg (or at least did last year). Could you have accidentally hit the choice that offers that?

I was nice and chose "say nothing"... don't tell me that being nice dooms you to not getting a special egg???

Yes

2 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

I was nice and chose "say nothing"... don't tell me that being nice dooms you to not getting a special egg???

Yes. Sorry

Edited by Mystic_Halo

1 minute ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Yes

Oh, for heaven's sake.

Well, I'll reserve my comments on how unfair that is...

Thanks for explaining, though.

2 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

Correct. Be nice? Get eaten or maybe get a regular egg if you're lucky. If you want the special egg, you gotta blame and hope they choose to be nice, because otherwise you get zilch.

2 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Correct. Be nice? Get eaten or maybe get a regular egg if you're lucky. If you want the special egg, you gotta blame and hope they choose to be nice, because otherwise you get zilch.

So, unlike many games, this one rewards you for being selfish and willing to throw the other person to the dragon?

That... seems a bit disturbing.

14 minutes ago, steeve said:

ahh i finally got an upside down mint! first one, despite playing for a few years, haha. lucky 21 i guess! sorry to whoever got eaten!

*sprinkles a little seasoning on you*

1 minute ago, Shinsei said:

So, unlike many games, this one rewards you for being selfish and willing to throw the other person to the dragon?

Well, it is a day for tricks.

4 minutes ago, Shinsei said:

it's a spoof of the prisoner's dilemma--kinda a look as to why being selfish pays off, even though being nice *should* be the rational choice that has the best outcome.

@Long_Before_Sunrise that's going to be me next year, when both me and the other person inevitably decide to blame...

Eaten again, there's a surprise. Look, I'm grateful for everything the team does but this is the exact same thing for the fifth year in a row and it's getting...kinda stale...?

2 minutes ago, steeve said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise that's going to be me next year, when both me and the other person inevitably decide to blame...

You can get around that by deciding you don't like Mints and don't want any by next year.

Yeah, stuff like that is why April Fool's is my least favorite holiday. This is just 'well someone decided to be a jerk, that was sure a waste of 30 seconds.'

I was eaten. First time for that, for me.

14 minutes ago, steeve said:

it's a spoof of the prisoner's dilemma

Another tale of a prisoner and trying to find a cunning way to get out of a dangerous situation.

A thief who was sentenced to be executed. As he was taken away he made a bargain with the king: in one year he would teach the king's favorite horse to sing hymns. The other prisoners watched the thief singing to the horse and laughed. "You will not succeed," they told him. "No one can." To which the thief replied, "I have a year, and who knows what might happen in that time. The king might die. The horse might die. I might die. And perhaps the horse will learn to sing."

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise
Cant spel

10 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I kept my last 2 flipps but traded my first one, before I take part this year, can someone tell me if are they still tradeable? I wasn't paying attention to this in those last 2 years:P

No, it says "disabled".

6 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Sad (since it was not always the case).

They are abandonable tho, right?

I'm torn between just trying my luck and giving it away IF I get one again (hoped to use the Trading, now I see AP could be my only option), or gust giving it up in hopes the other person blamed me then - so the flippy would be spawned at all, I don't care for whom:P (like I don't need more than my 2:P)

Well, I think it'll be abondanble after the usual cool down time! 

Well, dragons seem to find me tasty... *insert joke about "eating crow" here* I think I've only managed to succeed in getting an upside-down Fool Mint once or twice from the game itself and got eaten every other time. Wish me luck AP hunting again!

For anyone else who is disappointed about being dragon chow, or if you just really like Fool Mints in general, you can join us at the gifting thread over here:

Good luck to the rest of you! 🍀 :)