TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would guess that no market egg will ever turn orange.

I'm curious to know something.  Market eggs that are dropped to the AP, do they become tradeable once picked up from there?

I hope we are able to buy orange ones from the market. I've had one like-for-like swap refused, and I'm hopeful that a second attempt will get me a trade. Off to bed soon, so may not get a 'no' until I get up tomorrow. I'm not a trader, hate this waiting game when I'll probably end up with another refusal.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Not to throw a spanner in the colour works... and it's too soon for any kind of answer on this, but... will the offspring default to pink or to a parent's colour? ;)

I would very much assume they default to pink and the same BSA shenanigans need to be applied to those eggs to get them to colour the way one wants, but we'll soon find out! :D

47 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

I would very much assume they default to pink and the same BSA shenanigans need to be applied to those eggs to get them to colour the way one wants, but we'll soon find out! :D

I feel that will be the case (look at Xol eggs - all are blue, even if born from red parents and only go red if Incubated)

So get ready for some fun with BSA's and trades to get same-color lineages

4 hours ago, daba555 said:

But we do know that new release eggs come more often right after the release.  After a few weeks or less, they are almost never seen.

I have become aware that even previously common eggs hardly appear, due to the much larger number of dragons overall.  While I like new releases, as a rule, there is simply no way to get around the math.  

Edit:  Probably, it's just me.  I do see commons when I don't want them.

This really seems to be a mixed bag, and very breed-dependent. A lot of older commons aren't seen as often in the cave simply because all the newer commons are still catching up ratio-wise or whatever, but just with newer ones it varies a lot. I'm currently working on a lineage with Mistras, which were released in September, and I'm finding plenty of them in the biomes. I also still seen tons of Pseudo-Wyverns and Skystriders. On the other hand, I don't think I've seen any Astaarus in weeks. Regardless, it is *definitely* too early to make the call on these new guys. Especially because of the different colors they are more likely to be user-driven rare at first until everyone starts getting what they want, though.

The first user-adults should be appearing tonight, right? Like, after midnight cave-time? I'm all antsy to start clicking on adults for the encyclopedia, lol. Still haven't caught a 4th lure egg yet, right now I have a blue hatchie and an orange hatchie as well as an egg that hopefully will hatch pink (if I remember to not touch it!). I might just call it done with CBs at this point though, getting frustrated in the biomes. Hopefully they will breed decently and we can get different colors that way!

I just was ware of the release when the normal eggs started to be around again together with those new beauties.

Thanks again and looking forward to all those new breeding opportunities!

So far mine have all hatched the colors expected -- waiting on one last pair of Cantos to see if they hatch pink!

Turns out I only have one female Royal Crimson, and all my pairs of them with Guardians were grumpy today. Guess I'll try to pick up a few more Royal Crimsons while I'm scouring the Volcano for more Cantos. I love the adults of both breeds! Hoping to get my hands on some Nobleshields soon, haha.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, DragonLady86 said:

They dropped for more than 10 straight because it was 10am when i picked mine up and old eggs weren't mixing yet.

Not that 24hrs wouldn't be nice but they did have a pretty long drop.

Yeah, but still, I don't expect to get any for a year or more now cuz of a short drop. It took two users tossing me Aeons to even get as many as I have currently. I had maybe one at the time and I am seriously thankful for both of them. :3

Either way, I do like these new dragons so looking forward to getting some whenever I can.

My pair of Black/Red babies just grew up! 

Breeding Project time!! 🥳

Thank you again for the surprise release, they are hard to catch but I still enjoyed all the intrigue.  😁

15 hours ago, Nine said:

So the hybrids are an old DR concept from years ago after all. Pretty sure I remember the centipede tail-shield and the male's pose. That's a long time to be in limbo! The color is nice; reminds me of zerg from Starcraft. The shield on their heads blends in a bit too much, but these are some great sprites with a refreshing design.

The other ones are ok, the confetti feels superfluous and distracts from cooler details on the sprite.

Nope! We made the Nobleshields roughly a year ago :) I'm glad you like them!!

I may feel a little too proud and excited at catching another lure egg just now, lol. Been trying without luck all day! 

I'm clicking adults in hatcheries right now, if I'm counting time correctly we shouldn't be seeing pink or orange adults yet at all, right? Since pink and orange can't use Incubate. 

21 hours ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

Mine's still definitely pink and I definitely got my trade on the 2nd day coz I was late. Unless, this meant eggs on drop day vs eggs afterwards?

Sorry, I couldn't tell you - I just noticed there was a thread discussing it and tying it to the 24th over in Help.

3 hours ago, Thaliel said:

I think I's give up. I never manage to remember checking back at the full hour

The five minute drops work better, in my experience and that of several others.

4 hours ago, hazeh said:

Nope! We made the Nobleshields roughly a year ago :) I'm glad you like them!!

Really? I guess at one point there was another Guardian hybrid concept floating around out there. Suppose I shouldn't be too surprised since they are an old breed.

Does make me wonder about all those old, completed concepts from like 2014-- perhaps forever lost to the void.

Cantormaris are now available to purchase in the market for 100 shards! Just noticed and thought I’d share the news.

Also thank you to all the spriters for this release! All the dragons are lovely! :)

CAE928A9-7D46-4BF7-B959-DE9072D570CE.jpeg

Yeah, the only problem about Market Dragons is, that they can't be traded. So we will surely never get the orange version from the bought Cantomaris Dragon Eggs, unless @TJ09 changes this circumstance.

i'm so sad that the color of the new ones are all the same from the different biomes.. it sounds so difficult to influence them.. I never made a trade

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm clicking adults in hatcheries right now, if I'm counting time correctly we shouldn't be seeing pink or orange adults yet at all, right? Since pink and orange can't use Incubate. 

With the exception of the Pink/Orangr that may have been hatched via earthquake...its going to be roughly 20/24 hours before there are Pink/Orange adults

24 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

With the exception of the Pink/Orangr that may have been hatched via earthquake...its going to be roughly 20/24 hours before there are Pink/Orange adults

Some glitchies are also adults. I tried breeding mine, but there was no interest this week.

2 hours ago, Nexu said:

i'm so sad that the color of the new ones are all the same from the different biomes.. it sounds so difficult to influence them.. I never made a trade

You can find a trustworthy person to bounce them to (i.e. you send the egg to them, they return it to you = orange dragon when it hatches).

The Nobleshields are in the encyclopedia now, but the Cantomaris aren't yet.

15 minutes ago, quinney said:

The Nobleshields are in the encyclopedia now, but the Cantomaris aren't yet.

Both breeds are there for me. Maybe try clicking a few more hatchlings/eggs?

2 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Both breeds are there for me. Maybe try clicking a few more hatchlings/eggs?

They're there now, thanks.  I've clicked loads, just waiting for my hatchies to grow for completion now.

Oh yay, Cantormaris actually has info in the Encyclopedia!! I'm always so happy when new breeds have actual encyclopedia info to unlock, it gives us more information about them. (Apparently I've observed almost 150 hatchlings already??) I'm amazed at how cheap they are in the Market, now is the time to buy for any but orange coloring!