TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

2 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

Well, if you expect an AP Egg to hatch Pink, actually, and turns out to be a different colour although you didn't do anything, then its odd xD

current assumption is whatever the owner did before tossing sticks to them. If that's intended behavior is another thing, but for now i'd just get pinks from your own if you can and use bsas on the ap'd eggs.

.... Now I'm getting worried that we got the mechanics wrong? Or just, unlike normal, with these the BSA-use sticks after abandoning?? That's.... Less than ideal. Since you have no way of knowing *what* actions were done on the egg before if you pick it up from the AP, that just makes an already-complicated mechanic even more of a pain. Wow. I'm hoping this is just a glitch?

3 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

How did you handle the teleports? They have to be successfully completed in order for the hatchlings to come out orange. 

Starting and cancelling the teleport doesn't work.

As in, I literally only gained ALL of my new CB Dragons FROM TRADE----so yeah, the teleports certainly succeeded.

@Tinibree I started getting the CB dragons on the 2nd day or so 'cause i was late.

Edited by MomoScarletKaulitz

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wow. I'm hoping this is just a glitch?

i am as well... im missing pinks and was hoping to get some off the AP, but i cant..

I hope whatever was done before abandoning doesn't stick. I don't mind bred ones being a random color like gemshards. 

Edited by Jazeki

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

.... Now I'm getting worried that we got the mechanics wrong? Or just, unlike normal, with these the BSA-use sticks after abandoning?? That's.... Less than ideal. Since you have no way of knowing *what* actions were done on the egg before if you pick it up from the AP, that just makes an already-complicated mechanic even more of a pain. Wow. I'm hoping this is just a glitch?

Given the number of eggs we've gotten right as a group, I'm pretty sure we have the mechanics nailed down, there's no way we could All be that lucky. Its just the ap stuff that's being weird and I really hope its a bug, xols revert to default, dunno why these aren't. Most of these were probably abandoned before TJ messed with the coding upon earthquaked madness, and maybe that has something to do with it. Like, whatever coding was letting hatchies change was also Not wiping AP'd eggs?

This is mostly just me crossing my fingers and going 'right tj? right?'

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have two ideas about how to make this a bit easier to deal with, though I agree it's a bit frustrating -

number one, you can assume that whatever egg you pick up from the AP has been somehow affected by a BSA, and instead overlay your preferred BSA onto it; you would not be able to attain a pink with this method unless the original owner didn't touch it with a BSA. However, you could indeed ensure you'd get three out of the four - orange/red/blue.

Number two - if you have several lure eggs already on your scroll, you can notice how they sort. I picked up an AP egg, recognized it sorted with my incubated eggs, and precogged it to get a blue - which was the color I wanted. I picked up a separate AP egg, and it sorted with my untouched CBs, so I know it'll be pink. I know this isn't a great method, honestly, as it presupposes you already have lures, but in the case that you do, I think it works well!

I hope this is somewhat helpful - it's tricky, but I think in a way it could add a fun challenge to collecting dragons!! I tend to get a bit bored if they're too easily attainable. 

Edited by natashalyons

5 minutes ago, natashalyons said:

I have two ideas about how to make this a bit easier to deal with, though I agree it's a bit frustrating -

number one, you can assume that whatever egg you pick up from the AP has been somehow affected by a BSA, and instead overlay your preferred BSA onto it; you would not be able to attain a pink with this method unless the original owner didn't touch it with a BSA. However, you could indeed ensure you'd get three out of the four - orange/red/blue.

Number two - if you have one or two lure eggs already on your scroll, you can notice how they sort. I picked up an AP egg, recognized it sorted with my incubated eggs, and precogged it to get a blue - which was the color I wanted. I picked up a separate AP egg, and it sorted with my untouched CBs, so I know it'll be pink. I know this isn't a great method, honestly, as it presupposes you already have lures, but in the case that you do, I think it works well!

I hope this is somewhat helpful - it's tricky, but I think in a way it could add a fun challenge to collecting dragons!! I tend to get a bit bored if they're too easily attainable. 

ooh the good old breed sort color trick, i hadn't picked up enough eggs from ap to notice if they were sorting odd (and by that i mean correctly). if that continues to work that is at least better.

Edited by Tinibree

12 minutes ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

As in, I literally only gained ALL of my new CB Dragons FROM TRADE----so yeah, the teleports certainly succeeded.

That is definitely strange, so it's in your action log that you received the one that hatched pink from teleport? Maybe there are a few glitches here and there...

2 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

2 hours ago, Shala said:

For what it's worth, I received 2 via teleport, influenced them and both hatched pink:

image.png.34b8b5e7bc3e9aa5277deb4fcce02e5d.png

image.png.d9457c53d87ba6b14a94cf5d6c7a74da.png 

So influence seems to reset to pink.

Not sure I like this mechanic overall, seems too complicated and BSA wasteful, but I'll give them a chance, and at least collect my usual quota.

Cheers!

Shala

Oh no, I influenced my to be orange ones :( I thought it didnt have any effect.

I will keep them to test! If they are pink Im sure I can trade for an orange one.

The first one to hatch was orange! The other should be good too. 

I think anything that was traded/abandoned on the 24th might be a little screwy, cause every other orange pair that was traded after that and influenced has been orange. My own, for exmaple. On the other hand, early traded oranges have gone pink at least 4 times.

To find out the coloring on these guys were Spriter's alts? That just makes it awesome. And a big thanks to the spriters for releasing them to us. I also would love to thank the kind person who offered pinks in a trade for two of my reds. I gave one to a friend who was also struggling and kept the last one. As long as I end up with at least one each I'm happy. 

I'm still going to try and hunt for more, I didn't amass the large colony I own without patience and determination. 

I'm offering my services as travel organizer to anyone who needs to bounce an egg to get the orange color. 

I have several Noble eggs who won't mind visiting with you for a short while as they're already very well travelled. ;)

You'll have to set up the back and forth trades though since I'm out of Magi.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I honestly am having trouble distinguishing one "color" of hatchie from another. The red/black ones are easily distinguished, but it strains my eyes to see any difference at all among the others. :wacko:

Look closely at their tummies. XD

All mine hatched the colours I was expecting, thank goodness.

I'm not a fan of the hybrid, but I really like the way the lure adults came out. They remind me a lot of what we think alien sea creatures would look like and I do love them. I definitely want a few. 

I don't think it's likely they will be rare. They will probably be uncommon considering they do still drop, they just get snatched really quick. There's definitely high traffic on the site (based on how sluggish it is loading for me) and I think people need to relax. Calling for full on changes to how the site operates isn't a proper response to you missing out on the new and shiny. I've spent hours and hours looking for a Staterae. Should I be angry at the website because I've seen 1 ever in habitats and I missed it? No. That's a ridiculous response.

Be patient. You will get 1. The awesome part is by the time you get one, the mechanics on how the color works will be solved. People here are pretty quick about figuring that stuff out and creating specific numbers for odds. Don't let the FOMO control your emotions. Relax and collect pretty pixels.

43 minutes ago, Syiren said:

To find out the coloring on these guys were Spriter's alts? That just makes it awesome. And a big thanks to the spriters for releasing them to us. I also would love to thank the kind person who offered pinks in a trade for two of my reds. I gave one to a friend who was also struggling and kept the last one. As long as I end up with at least one each I'm happy. 

I'm still going to try and hunt for more, I didn't amass the large colony I own without patience and determination. 

How did you hear they were Spriter Alts? I don't recall seeing any sort of post about it??

Yeah I thought the hybrid egg was neat, the hatchies were fine, but the adults! I was surprised how badly I instantly wanted them. I like this is a one super flashy and one more casual release, some people don't like busy sprites, some don't like the more plain ones, both people win here. Also glad to see guardians get some more love, always need an excuse to pick up more of them.

Well, here's my contribution to the debate.

Somehow, I managed to grab a Cantormaris egg (caught 24/01/21) from the AP. It turned out red upon hatching. Suggesting that it was incubated and then dropped.

Oh I should probably add I didn't do anything do it - it was already <4 days so ER.

Edited by lovecats99
removed link because I need a genderswap

I had a AP egg that hatched blue (I don´t own it anymore, since I traded it for a Pink) and one of my traded eggs also turned pink ^^

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

That is definitely strange, so it's in your action log that you received the one that hatched pink from teleport? Maybe there are a few glitches here and there...

I'm seeing a theory that influencing affects color. I hope this isn't true...

On 1/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, Seriva Senkalora said:

2x from Coast: both precog'd, one influenced, both incubated afterwards (I AM STUPID!)

2x from Jungle: both incubated, both influenced, both precog'd afterwards (let's hop the theory about only the last BSA counting is correct!)

2x from Volcano: one from a trade, both influenced

The two from Coast have hatched red as expected (last BSA used was INCUBATE).

The traded one from Volcano has hatched orange as expected (only BSA used by me was INFLUENCE).

The other three are still eggs. ;)

Will be interesting to see which color the ones from the Market will get.

Maybe orange as default to give single players a chance on getting this color without help?

EL1j7.jpg

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

27 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

How did you hear they were Spriter Alts? I don't recall seeing any sort of post about it??

Someone in the posts above mine was talking about it. that was one of the dragons competing to be last year's V-day dragon, and it along with the spriter's alts were released now. I can't confirm if that's actually what happened. it's just what I read form another post.

My hatchlings went as follows

2 influenced, then Precog'd = blue

2 influenced, then Incubated = red

1 influnced only = Pink

*I have another egg that I've only influenced so it should go pink

1 traded to me (no other BSA'S used by me, unsure if trade partner used any) = Orange