TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

3 hours ago, Gusearth said:

anybody know what the two new eggs in his signature are?

Looking at the codes, a joke.. :D

Love the new dragons! They are gorgeous!! Can't decide if I love the Black or Orange variant more. May have to hoard these (if I can ever catch them that is, man they go fast!)

Beautiful Hybrid as well, thank you spriters and TJ for the nice surprise release!

Edited by acm1923

18 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

The two from Coast have hatched red as expected (last BSA used was INCUBATE).

The traded one from Volcano has hatched orange as expected (only BSA used by me was INFLUENCE).

The other three are still eggs. ;)

Will be interesting to see which color the ones from the Market will get.

Maybe orange as default to give single players a chance on getting this color without help?

EL1j7.jpg

if market defaulted orange then they couldn't get pinks lol and pinks are kinda the harder one atm.

7 minutes ago, Gusearth said:

they're old Joke eggs

9 minutes ago, Gusearth said:

They are joke eggs that have been around for years. Occasionally one of them will get put in a hatchery. They just hatch into another egg.

6 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

if market defaulted orange then they couldn't get pinks lol and pinks are kinda the harder one atm

Pinks are easy arent they? They are the default dont trade or incubate or precog them. I hope public trades change them orange. thats the only way people who don't have friends or use forums would get orange. I love the pink ones and red ones ❤️

I've only been able to get 1 egg. I'm kindof mad some people have sooooo many. Let other people get some 😠

Edited by Stacy3601

11 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

if market defaulted orange then they couldn't get pinks lol and pinks are kinda the harder one atm.

Oh yes they CAN get pinks.

Just with more efforts - but well, you can geld golds and staterae in the cave, too.

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

11 minutes ago, Stacy3601 said:

Pinks are easy arent they? They are the default dont trade or incubate or precog them. I hope public trades change them orange. thats the only way people who don't have friends or use forums would get orange. I love the pink ones and red ones ❤️

I've only been able to get 1 egg. I'm kindof mad some people have sooooo many. Let other people get some 😠

Public trading will make them orange.

And people can grab as many as they can hold. We have scroll limits for a reason.

You know, I immediately thought on seeing these that they looked like a Vday submission that wasn't released for vday and they just decided to use all the spriter alts as color variations. They still have hearts on the wing patterning and tail spade, lol. But... they are SO pretty that that is just a fun fact, I look forward to collecting more. The Sophos is my favorite~.

Nobleshield is good, too--I love Guardians so seeing a hybrid with them involved is a great time.

mine just hatched and they came out like i expected them too.

2 reds from: influenced > incubated

4 pinks influenced only

2 blues from: influenced > precog

does trading after hatching make an orange? i assume no, and only affects eggs.

11 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

mine just hatched and they came out like i expected them too.

2 reds from: influenced > incubated

4 pinks influenced only

2 blues from: influenced > precog

does trading after hatching make an orange? i assume no, and only affects eggs.

Only affects eggs.

Has anyone noticed if fogging has any effect on color (ie reseting the BSAs applied?). I assume not, but one person was sure they had teleported eggs hatch pink, which only makes sense if there's a way to scrub prior effects.

15 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Has anyone noticed if fogging has any effect on color (ie reseting the BSAs applied?). I assume not, but one person was sure they had teleported eggs hatch pink, which only makes sense if there's a way to scrub prior effects.

My eggs have been fogged the whole time up until hatching hour, and I have a pair of each color, so I doubt it. And thank goodness for that (can you imagine having to re-do if your eggs got sick?)!

Edited by Paintra

2 minutes ago, Paintra said:

My eggs have been fogged the whole time up until hatching hour, and I have a pair of each color, so I doubt it. And thank goodness for that (can you imagine having to re-do if your eggs got sick?)!

I can all of my cantomaris eggs died from sickness

Oh man, I cannot express how much I LOVE the Sophos. I have been waiting years for a red, white and blue dragon that has an artistic style that appeals to me and the Sophos is it. 

The Iratus, Itus and Mundus are very nice too, and I will try and collect more of those variants of the Cantormaris. Really love the Cantor, and glad to see a very beautiful breed released, though I'm not too pleased with how few of them I'm spotting in biomes right now.

The Nobleshield is... fine, won't collect it, but it's fine.

Oooohhh I'm getting ideas! Sophos + Heartstealing.

Edited by Stirfry
Pics were yuge

1 hour ago, Stacy3601 said:

hope public trades change them orange. thats the only way people who don't have friends or use forums would get orange.

That's how I got my orange (no coordination - just put up a trade of new egg for new egg). The trade just needs to be completed, then no other BSA used on the traded egg [still not 100% certain if influencing 'resets' an egg to pink]

3 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

That's how I got my orange (no coordination - just put up a trade of new egg for new egg). The trade just needs to be completed, then no other BSA used on the traded egg [still not 100% certain if influencing 'resets' an egg to pink]

I am hoping someone will have an answer to that soon as I really want to influence the eggs I just traded! 🤞

So glad the Guardian's were used for this hybrid such a great dragon anyway.

I  did not even catch at first each Adult color has its own variant name and description, so cute! This was a great release, really made you think and the colors are beautiful! 

1 minute ago, acm1923 said:

I am hoping someone will have an answer to that soon as I really want to influence the eggs I just traded! 🤞

So glad the Guardian's were used for this hybrid such a great dragon anyway.

I  did not even catch at first each Adult color has its own variant name and description, so cute! This was a great release, really made you think and the colors are beautiful! 

I influenced all of mine after other BSA's and they still turned out the colour I wanted :) 

3 hours ago, Bambi said:

I influenced all of mine after other BSA's and they still turned out the colour I wanted :) 

Oh super!!! I did not like the idea of the orange gender being random, I like pairs lol. Thanks!

1 minute ago, acm1923 said:

Oh super!!! I did not like the idea of the orange gender being random, I like pairs lol. Thanks!

That's okay! I was worried to influence everything too, so I waited quite last minute and until other people had tested the theory. 

14 minutes ago, Bambi said:

influenced all of mine after other BSA's and they still turned out the colour I wanted

Great! Now I can precog my orange hatchling and see what it will be and influnce the other to the opposite...

Though has anyone used Precog on a hatchling? While I'm certain it was a glitch that got fixed...I don't want my orange hatchie to suddenly go blue.

I used my Aeons on all of the hatchlings I got, none of them changed colors

51 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Though has anyone used Precog on a hatchling? While I'm certain it was a glitch that got fixed...I don't want my orange hatchie to suddenly go blue.

Just to confirm -- I precogged both of the orange hatchies I got through trading and they are still orange.

32 minutes ago, tjenni said:

I used my Aeons on all of the hatchlings I got, none of them changed colors

Color change can only affect eggs. Once they hatch, whatever color they are is what they'll stay.

SO, all my eggs hatched!

On 1/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, Shokomon said:
On 1/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Shokomon said:

So, wait.

Are we saying these guys are BSA BASED VARIANTS????

I gotta try it on my unhatched eggs! 

HERE WE GO.

At this point, 3 eggs are untouched, 3 eggs are incubated. Both groups have 1 egg from each biome. I was assuming incubate was the game changer outside of biomes. 

I will leave 1 in each group untouched (outside of incubate). 

Current Status

• Untouched:
    • Hatched magenta and white.
  •   Hide contents

Vq8hp

(Vq8hp)

Biome: Jungle

• Incubated:
    • Hatched red and black.
  •   Hide contents

85nYb (85nYb)   Biome: Volcano (Incubated)    

• Precog'd:
    • Hatched blue and white.
  •   Hide contents

Ujpeo (Ujpeo) Biome: Coast (Precog'd M)    

• Influenced: 
    • Hatched red and black. Influence had no effect. Incubate dominates.
    • Used Precognition on hatchling. It had no effect. Incubate effect remains.
  •   Hide contents

fc1Xv (fc1Xv)   Biome: Jungle (Incubated, then Influenced F, and Precog'd after Hatching)

• Teleported:
    • Both Hatchlings hatched orange and white. The effect of a completed teleport is confirmed.
  •   Hide contents

IAIYM (IAIYM) Biome: Volcano (teleported to me) 

bj616 (bj616) Biome: Volcano (teleported to Baozi)

(Thank you, BaoziPanda!)

• Warded:
    • Hatched red and black. Ward had no effect. Incubate dominates.
  • Spoiler

cu8nO (cu8nO)   Biome: Coast (incubated, then warded)    

Breeding Plan:

• Use precognition 1 egg (untouched).
  • Influence the other egg (incubated) in different biome to opposite gender. (to exclude biome influence).
  • Exchange 1 egg (untouched) with another same-species egg in same biome via teleport. 
  • Leave 1 untouched egg as is.
  • Leave 1 incubated egg as is.
  • Ward 1 incubated egg.

{snip}

{snip}

Edit: Got a trade via teleport!

Edit 2: Adding Proof and Sorting Status:

Hide contents
  • Proof:
    • 1512462564_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicTestProof2020-01-25.thumb.png.dab7eb37eb276b1b1fbf1c457b54332f.png
  • Normal Sorting 2021-01-25:
    • 2068748473_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicDefaultSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.0c06cbf48c29d6afb03246e7fe73114c.png
  • Breed Sort 2021-01-25:
    • 634081561_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicBreedSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.4e6d3d62bfb8e14b6f23504bb522e611.png
  • Default Sort 2021-01-26
    • 1411773651_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicDefaultSort2020-01-26.thumb.png.6a96aa0fa69552540af425089a688386.png
  • Breed Sort 2021-01-26
    • 184060600_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicBreedSort2020-01-26.thumb.png.e039be7291d83e3d63a021afbceeda44.png
  • Precog'd Influenced Hatchling: 
    • 1600937709_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest2.thumb.png.68650129a97079e8c7ccd0a00f6c9917.png
  • Hatchling Post Precognition: 
    • 298458793_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest1.thumb.png.3d54eb7f57d2915aa21b596631dd3012.png
  • Breed Sort 2021-01-27
    • image.png.748af6ccf78bf8168db9afe3611f887a.png

-

And COMPLETE.

Looks like they were right about the only effective BSAs being Teleport, Precognition, and Incubate.

Now, we just have to see if they breed true.

In other news, THE ADULTS ARE GOREGEOUS. BOTH BREEDS.

I do like the wyverns more though. They are really lovely.

Edited by Shokomon
Idk what happened but my formatting got messed up bad. Fixed now