TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

8 hours ago, Imbecamiel said:

I am so dumb. I somehow... didn't realize? That I don't actually have any Aeon Wyverns and haven't unlocked them in the encyclopedia so I can't buy them. So I got a couple of Canto eggs in the market, thinking I could get that variation and manage catching ones for orange later but, nope. Guess I'm gonna wind up with a lot of the default ones, lol. 😂 Definitely interesting to have so many different color mechanisms, though!

I can give you a couple aeon eggs if you have room. ^.^

Watching the color-changing mechanic play out via the Trading Hub has been kind of neat today. With people offering trades to activate the color switch, I hope it's helpful for cluing in the players who don't visit the forums... I know I definitely needed this thread in order to figure out how the mechanic works, but maybe the trades on there can give a clue for those who don't read this. And honestly, now that I understand the mechanic, it's pretty cool! Just a bit odd how if all you can do is buy the egg from the Market, you won't be able to get an orange dragon from it 🤔

On that note: Does someone who has a Cantormaris egg and would like it to turn orange want to swap eggs with me and then swap back so we can keep our originals? I have one that I'd like to keep, I just also want it to be orange XD

3 minutes ago, Silverwatermist said:

Watching the color-changing mechanic play out via the Trading Hub has been kind of neat today. With people offering trades to activate the color switch, I hope it's helpful for cluing in the players who don't visit the forums... I know I definitely needed this thread in order to figure out how the mechanic works, but maybe the trades on there can give a clue for those who don't read this. And honestly, now that I understand the mechanic, it's pretty cool! Just a bit odd how if all you can do is buy the egg from the Market, you won't be able to get an orange dragon from it 🤔

On that note: Does someone who has a Cantormaris egg and would like it to turn orange want to swap eggs with me and then swap back so we can keep our originals? I have one that I'd like to keep, I just also want it to be orange XD

If you want to just bounce it to me, I'll be around for a bit. I already have my two oranges but I'm happy to help.

2 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

If you want to just bounce it to me, I'll be around for a bit. I already have my two oranges but I'm happy to help.

"Bounce" is the word I wanted instead of that long explanation I wrote XD Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. I'll PM you.

I suppose this may have already been mentioned but this dragon reminds me of a breaching whale.

With adults now, this thread will probably be closed soon, so I just want to slip in to say that the shading on the Nobleshields is gorgeous!  I liked the sprite from the start, but I like it a bit more each day!  Great job on those!

1 minute ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Anybody bought an egg from the market and can tell me where this sorts (without any BSA used on it)?

With no BSA used, they're Mundus Cantormaris

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

With no BSA used, they're Mundus Cantormaris

Thank you.

Too bad, was hoping for them to be the orange variant, so single players could get all of them on their own...

Does teleport have to be the last thing done to get an orange?  If so, how are people getting pairs, mostly luck?  Or in this special instance would tp'ing thm not remove an inf on the egg?

ETA- Thanks pinkgothic!

Edited by Jocosa

5 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

Does teleport have to be the last thing done to get an orange?  If so, how are people getting pairs, mostly luck?  Or in this special instance would tp'ing thm not remove an inf on the egg?

Influence doesn't affect the colour, so you can influence them after teleporting. Alternatively, if you're bouncing the egg, you can precog the eggs, ensure they have the genders you want, then bounce them.

Edited by pinkgothic

The cantomaris sprites are huge. Huuuge! I thought that sprites bigger than 100x100 were reserved for special dragons (GoN, Sinomorph - limited, and obtained through special means). Even the plated colossi, which are supposed to be big, fit in the 100x100 limit (albeit, just barely). Are cantomaris wyverns supposed to be massive?

Okay.  My Cantomaris are adults, so I bred them to try and get some more eggs to try and get the other colors.  Naturally, the second pair didn't want to go near each other, so I only got two eggs.  >.<

Edited by Lightstorm12000

1 hour ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

Okay.  My Cantomaris are adults, so I bred them to try and get some more eggs to try and get the other colors.  Naturally, the second pair didn't want to go near each other, so I only got two eggs.  >.<

Whoops, sorry that happened to you. For what it's worth, the Purple Dragon's BSA, Fertility, should help you in situations like this - that BSA lowers the refusal rate. Use it before you breed a pair for the first time! :)

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Are cantomaris wyverns supposed to be massive?

I suggest you look at their encyplodia entry for that information or ask someone who has more Cantormaris to look what they unlocked. I have only one adult, but it seems they are a big dragon species.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

Anyone think of any good names for the Nobleshields and Cantormaris? 

I can't think of any...

They're not really that much bigger than anything else. Even sprite size compared to the nobleshield is close but they just fill the space in a very different way. Sprites have been gradually pushing a little out the default for awhile now. (A lot of last years pushed beyond the 100x100 square)

Its actually most obvious in pygmies that sprites are getting larger.

Edited by Tinibree

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

I can't think of any...

My first four, all Iratus, are Epic Irata, Irate Seasinger, Tuga Iratasinger and Noquaro. Epic, Tuga and Noquaro are based on their codes while Irate is a translation of the breed name.

My oranges are Friendstar and Friendgate, based on their nature and the scroll name of the player who traded with me.

My two Nobles are Noble Savvy from her parents on my scroll,  https://dragcave.net/lineage/g7dRd, and Noble Jent, a play on Gent and his parents names.

I hope this helps. ❤️

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

I can't think of any...

Most of mine are named [Type of Canormaris] [Name based on what they remind me of (or something in their code in the case of the Mundus)]

For example; The blue Cantormaris reminded me of Goose from Pilotwings 64...so I named my male Sophos Goose, and my female Sophos Gander

As for my Nobleshields - Both got named after characters in my book series (one fits better than the other, but it serves as a placeholder)

2 hours ago, Tinibree said:

They're not really that much bigger than anything else. Even sprite size compared to the nobleshield is close but they just fill the space in a very different way. Sprites have been gradually pushing a little out the default for awhile now. (A lot of last years pushed beyond the 100x100 square)

Its actually most obvious in pygmies that sprites are getting larger.

Maybe that's why I haven't been enthusiastic about many new releases recently: they keep getting bigger to the point where they don't play nice with the older sprites already on my scroll. The unnecessarily huge sprites of the parguluses bother me enough that I haven't grabbed any since the initial release, and likely never will. Cantomaris are in the same boat. I might get a few to freeze, but no more adults for me.

1 hour ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Maybe that's why I haven't been enthusiastic about many new releases recently: they keep getting bigger to the point where they don't play nice with the older sprites already on my scroll. The unnecessarily huge sprites of the parguluses bother me enough that I haven't grabbed any since the initial release, and likely never will. Cantomaris are in the same boat. I might get a few to freeze, but no more adults for me.

Its just a matter of needing to have details and/or cool poses and/or anatomy, which forces sprites to be bigger (especially pygmies). For the normal sized dragons its really just like, 5 pixels in each direction. It's not that much larger.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to TJ and the artists involved for this new release.

The Nobleshield is an absolutely magnificent creature and it is nice to have another hybrid.

While the Cantormaris may not be one of my favorites it is very well done and unique. Kudos to the spriters for taking a failed attempt and turning it into something so interesting. Looks like I will be hunting them for quite awhile, since my scroll goals demand 8 of each color. :wacko:

On 1/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Whatever the LAST action performed on them before hatching is what determines color.

In your example incubate was last, so you'd get a red/black.

Luckily influence isn't one of the color affecting BSAs, though, so you can influence any color how you'd like. :)

Oh my goodness thank you so much for this reply, it helped me understand a lot more.  :) 

I'm so grateful Influence doesn't have its own color. 😅  But, it technically wouldn't make a lot of sense gameplay wise for it to I suppose.
I'm glad I chose Incubate then, haha! The Red/Black one is my favorite, but I do like them all! AND THOSE HYBRIDS!!!  😍😍🥰

I enjoy these two releases a lot! A nice January drop before Valentines comes around!   Well done! Thank you TJ and all involved! ❤️

Edited by Cupup889